Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New Tv series (REMEMBER: No Spoilers)

Comments

• Just started season 1 of Manifest and seems ok. 

I see there are 4 series - is it gonna be worth the investment of time ? 
  • anyone got any recommendations similar to severance, silo type shows?
  • Just finished the 2nd series of From on Sky....no idea what is going on, but relatively entertaining.

Also finally got round to starting Dead Loch on Prime. Been on my list for a while. First few episodes were pretty good. Mixture of dark humour and crime drama.
  • Watching The Bear right now. Good entertainment. Series 2 a lot more light hearted than the first
  • Finished all 6 episodes of WOLF on iPlayer which started on Sunday on BBC1.

Would thoroughly recommend - challenging at times as to what's really going on but twists & turns with moments of illumination make it intriguing and well worth watching. 
  • MrOneLung said:
    Just started season 1 of Manifest and seems ok. 

Gets a bit tedious in my opinion.
  • Finished all 6 episodes of WOLF on iPlayer which started on Sunday on BBC1.

Would thoroughly recommend - challenging at times as to what's really going on but twists & turns with moments of illumination make it intriguing and well worth watching. 
    thought this would be right up my street Fanny, but watched the first episode and hated it !

Found it really disjointed
  • MrOneLung said:

I gave up midway through the 2nd season when it was first on Sky. Had potential but like Lost it seemed to lose its way.
  • Absolutely loving S2 of the Bear
  • Sponsored links:

• Ross said:
    MrOneLung said:

I gave up midway through the 2nd season when it was first on Sky. Had potential but like Lost it seemed to lose its way.
    Me too. 
  • I'm into epside 3 of the bear, I really like the chaos of it and I think 2 episodes at a time is plenty as you feel the stress watching it. I love the cousin and the lead as well as Sydney. The supporting cast all have great timing and chime in well 
  • jams said:
    anyone got any recommendations similar to severance, silo type shows?
    From. 
    Loved Severance and just finished Silo which I also really enjoyed. From is good too but not quite the same level imo. 
  • Carter said:
    I'm into epside 3 of the bear, I really like the chaos of it and I think 2 episodes at a time is plenty as you feel the stress watching it. I love the cousin and the lead as well as Sydney. The supporting cast all have great timing and chime in well 
    The first episode is probably the most palpably stressful episodes of TV i've ever watched
  • Just finished season 1 of Bear, can't wait to get started on S2. 
  • Caught up with 'The Tower' (Itv). Just three episodes but pretty good. Second series is on Brit Box or something like that. 
  • Caught up with 'The Tower' (Itv). Just three episodes but pretty good. Second series is on Brit Box or something like that. 
    Thought you'd be all over WOLF on BBC 1 ! 
  • Mark Cavendish: Never Enough on Netflix

I mention more on his own thread, but released today - Pretty good watch covering his recent career, touching upon his glory years too... Not as good as Chasing Legends.
  • jams said:
    Station 11 which is excellent 
    Foundation has good reviews. I'm only two episodes in but liking it so far 
  • Mark Cavendish: Never Enough on Netflix

I mention more on his own thread, but released today - Pretty good watch covering his recent career, touching upon his glory years too... Not as good as Chasing Legends.
    Netflix are really pushing the cycling shows. Saw the film about Armstrong the other day with Chris Dowd, whcih was entertaining. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Absolutely loved S1 of The Bear but felt S2 was a huge step backwards!
  • edited August 2023
    Jints said:
    Mark Cavendish: Never Enough on Netflix

Netflix are really pushing the cycling shows. Saw the film about Armstrong the other day with Chris Dowd, whcih was entertaining. 
    The Program? - Thats excellent, watched it recently again myself.
  • Yep, that's it. 
    Thought you'd be all over WOLF on BBC 1 ! 
    Ha! I'll check it out...
  • Watched the first episode of the new series of Van Der Valk.

Utter rubbish - terrible story, wooden acting, and so easy to guess the very poor plot. Hope the next 2 episodes are better but dont hold out much hope :-( 
    If you think that's bad - try the original! Look up dated in the dictionary and there's a still from it...

Theme tune is still awesome though.

Watched the first couple of episodes of Count Abdulla on ITV, clever premise and a few good laugh out loud moments. 
    Finally got round to watching episodes 2 and 3 of Van Der Valk.

No 2 was just about ok but No. 3 was probably one of the worst things I have ever watched. Utter dross from start to finish.
  • edited August 2023
    cafcpolo said:
    Absolutely loved S1 of The Bear but felt S2 was a huge step backwards!
    What sort of show is The Bear? What is it similar to?Had a few mentions on here
  • Its a drama-comedy is the best I can give you mate. Well timed, expensively or very well filmed. But the stress of the kitchen setting is infectious 
  • Jints said:
    jams said:
    Station 11 which is excellent 
    Foundation has good reviews. I'm only two episodes in but liking it so far 
    I will co-sign Station Eleven. The premise of "What if theatre kids survived in the apocalypse" is not something I would usually ever go for, but it's very well done. 

Girlfriend and I are watching The Great. I'm not a big period piece person, but it's funny and fun. 

Before that we started Hijack, but decided to wait until it had all been released. It's also good, some of it gets by on Idrise Elba's charisma, but I think we watched the first three and they were good.

I always give votes for Community, Arrested Development, Utopia, and Seinfeld.  
  • Waited until this week to watch Hijack, now all 7 episodes are available rather than watch them weekly.

Really enjoyed it. 
  • Waited until this week to watch Hijack, now all 7 episodes are available rather than watch them weekly.

Really enjoyed it. 
    I started watching last week and finished it tonight. Solid show, seen better and seen much worse.