Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New Tv series (REMEMBER: No Spoilers)

Comments

• I've started watching. The various "WW2 in colour" documentaries on netflix. Very good so far
  • Couple of episodes to go but really enjoyed watching Colin from Accounts 
    This programme really made me laugh, very Gervais-y but thats a good thing 
  • Carter said:
    Couple of episodes to go but really enjoyed watching Colin from Accounts 
    This programme really made me laugh, very Gervais-y but thats a good thing 
    It's brilliant. 
  • Enjoying Silo on Apple TV. 
  • jams said:
    Feeling very uninspired with TV at the moment. Lots of fluff out there, want something to get stuck into.

Anyone seen the silo on Apple TV? Looks interesting 
    Just remember any TV Show or film you may get stuck into could end up facing a while without new episodes 

Writers stike is now 1 month and counting with no sign of it ending and more and more films/ TV shows being pushed back and delayed every day
  • jams said:
    Feeling very uninspired with TV at the moment. Lots of fluff out there, want something to get stuck into.

Anyone seen the silo on Apple TV? Looks interesting 
    Just remember any TV Show or film you may get stuck into could end up facing a while without new episodes 

Writers stike is now 1 month and counting with no sign of it ending and more and more films/ TV shows being pushed back and delayed every day

Good point! Or, not renewed after a cliffhanger at the end of a season... 
  • McBobbin said:
    I've started watching. The various "WW2 in colour" documentaries on netflix. Very good so far
    Superb series 
  • Black Mirror is back! Enjoying episode one. 
  • The Queen of Oz. I'd rather watch Mrs Brown's Boys.

I cannot, let me stress this, I cannot, remember a sitcom as poor as this in decades. How did this ever get commissioned? 
  • Sponsored links:

I cannot, let me stress this, I cannot, remember a sitcom as poor as this in decades. How did this ever get commissioned? 
    Saw the first episode. Absolutely awful.
  • Another vote here for colin from accounts. Refreshingly funny and heartfelt 

The trailer was bad enough to put me off. 
    the trailer was one of the better bits !!
  • Glovepup said:
    Black Mirror is back! Enjoying episode one. 
    Quite enjoyed the new season, watched them all now. Thought it was largely back to form, didn't enjoy the season previous very much compared.

Although thought it missed a lot of the dystopian aspects that made me really enjoy the older seasons. There were a few episodes that were completely devoid of any tech being a feature in the episode.

No way was I watching it after that trailer!
     I mean I like Catherine Tate but the screaming 😱 FFS!

Yeah, I can't remember a worse trailer. It's the kind of thing I might have tried but completed put off by the trailer.
  • Jints said:
    The Queen of Oz. I'd rather watch Mrs Brown's Boys.

Yeah, I can't remember a worse trailer. It's the kind of thing I might have tried but completed put off by the trailer.
    I wish I'd seen it first. 🤦🏻‍♂️
  • edited June 2023
    got roped into watching the morning show on apple tv by the wife whilst I was suffering a bout of food poisoning. Just finished season 1, it's okay, a lot of commentary on the me too movement but honestly seems like a horrendous workplace culture and i have no idea why all the characters are so defensive of it. 
  • McBobbin said:
    I've started watching. The various "WW2 in colour" documentaries on netflix. Very good so far
    i love the ottoman and roman netflix series, anything else like that?
  • Sponsored links:

• Watched the first episode of the new series of Van Der Valk.

Utter rubbish - terrible story, wooden acting, and so easy to guess the very poor plot. Hope the next 2 episodes are better but dont hold out much hope :-( 
  • Watched all four episodes of Best Interests over the past two evenings. Riveting, heart wrenching drama and one of the best British short drama series I can remember. Michael Sheen is his usual brilliant best but the surprise for me was Sharon Horgan in a non-comedy role - absolutely superb. If you haven't seen it, it's available on BBC iPlayer. Very highly recommended.
  • Started watching Succession. Two episodes in and pretty disappointed so far. Will stick with it as no doubt it gets better, but given how much positive comments it gets I’m a little surprised how I’ve not warmed to it 2hrs in, 
  • Cheers @Davo55 will seek that one out 
  • Another vote for Colin from Accounts. 

Watched it after all the mentions here. Very good. 

Didn’t know they are married in real life either. 
  • edited June 2023
    Just binge watched the first series of Gentleman Jack (I know bit behind the curve) but really enjoyed it. 

Edit - just realised it was aired on the BBC in 2019 !!
  • Started watching Succession. Two episodes in and pretty disappointed so far. Will stick with it as no doubt it gets better, but given how much positive comments it gets I’m a little surprised how I’ve not warmed to it 2hrs in, 
    I binned it, not my cup of tea 
  • Anyone else watching Glamorous on Netflix?
    I wasn't sure at first as Kim Catrell looked really uncomfortable in the first episode (I can see now why she perhaps didn't feel the need to go back to SATC And Just Like That).
    But it's really growing on me!
  • Finally caught up with the last episode of inside no. 9. Jesus! Back to form this series I'd say