Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New Tv series (REMEMBER: No Spoilers)

Comments

• edited May 2023
    Very much enjoyed 3x3 with Lee Mack last night.
  • edited May 2023
    IdleHans said:
    Carter said:
    I enjoyed Blue Lights but some of the acting was well clunky (everyone's a critic I know) but also had some class performances especially from Richard Dormer and the guy who is doing my head in as I have seen him in a few things but can't remember what, who played the very bad guy.

Not to mention the bloke who has also been in tons of stuff that looked like Eric Cantona, he was excellent 
    Just started on this and getting into it after not being that impressed with the first episode. I said he looked liked Cantona too! He was in The Fall and Tin Star, the father of JP was in Peaky Blinders and and the intel operative (Joseph) started off in Eastenders but I've seen him in loads of things mostly terrorist themed stuff
    My reaction was the same as yours, I found the first two episodes slow and bleakly depressing. I only stuck with it because of this thread, and it does become worth it. Not the best thing I've ever seen but it really picks up and most threads are wrapped up by the end.

Mrs Danepak liked the first episode. I preferred the second, but we both agreed that the third episode was very good.
    Thoroughly enjoy Blue Lights and looking forward to watching the last three episodes.

(And yes, he does look like Eric Cantona)
  • Binged “Ten Pound Poms” during a couple of nights of insomnia.  Quite enjoyed it. 
  • He's always been very good in it but think Matthew Macfadyen has been absolutely brilliant in the last couple of episodes of Succession. Gutted there are only 2 more episodes to enjoy all of these brilliantly horrible characters.
  • He's always been very good in it but think Matthew Macfadyen has been absolutely brilliant in the last couple of episodes of Succession. Gutted there are only 2 more episodes to enjoy all of these brilliantly horrible characters.
    Me too. The very best TV series I've watched in the past 4 or 5 years and I'm going to miss it when it's all over.
  • It's probably been reviewed on here before but we recently revisited Series 1 of Your Honor, followed by binge watching Series 2 over the past couple of nights.

Another triumph for Bryan Cranston IMO and well worth a look. 
    Loved Season 1 but not started S2 yet... where is it available to watch in the UK?

We accessed it via Paramount Plus which was a free add on to our Sky contract.
  • The Swarm on Sky Originals is a well crafted Sci-fi series. Not your usual but worth a watch if that’s your thing.
  • Watched a Korean mini series on Paramount called Yonder. In a nutshell it's about the creation of a heaven based on the deceased's memories. The first episode had me in tears, the other five episodes were thought provoking if nothing else in respect to an everlasting suspension of time. Well acted and some superb photography. 8/10
  • edited May 2023
    Jessie said:
    He's always been very good in it but think Matthew Macfadyen has been absolutely brilliant in the last couple of episodes of Succession. Gutted there are only 2 more episodes to enjoy all of these brilliantly horrible characters.
    Me too. The very best TV series I've watched in the past 4 or 5 years and I'm going to miss it when it's all over.
    Which is better: Succession or Breaking Bad. I haven't seen either but want to pick one to go for next..
  • only just got round to watching Happy Valley with the missus, just finished season 1.

We are so far behind everyone when it comes to TV ;)
  • Sponsored links:

• WHAddick said:
    Jessie said:
    He's always been very good in it but think Matthew Macfadyen has been absolutely brilliant in the last couple of episodes of Succession. Gutted there are only 2 more episodes to enjoy all of these brilliantly horrible characters.
    Which is better: Succession or Nreaking Bad. I haven't seen either but want to pick one to go for next..
    They are very different. Succession is all about dialogue and corporate politics. Every character is horrible. BB is about plot and character development. Both have elements of comic relief.  
  • Thanks Jints. And which did you rate higher?
  • WHAddick said:
    Jessie said:
    Which is better: Succession or Breaking Bad. I haven't seen either but want to pick one to go for next..
    The good news is you can't make a bad decision choosing from those two 
  • WHAddick said:
    Thanks Jints. And which did you rate higher?
    As Jints and jams said, both are fantastic shows but very different. I think maybe you could choose according to the subjects which you are more interested in. Personally I like Succession a bit more than Breaking Bad. Succession is quite fast paced while BB can be slow sometimes. I suggest watching both pilots of those two and decide which one you'd like to continue. :)
  • jams said:
    WHAddick said:
    Jessie said:
    The good news is you can't make a bad decision choosing from those two 
    Yeah, I'd watch both! For me they are both top 10 of all time series. I probably just about prefer BB but it's marginal. 
  • JohnBoyUK said:
    Thanks to whoever recommended Colin from Accounts.   We're been proper laughing last couple of nights.
    So good. Wasn't blown away by the first episode but there have been some crackers since. Only found out yesterday that they are together in real life
  • WHAddick said:
    Jessie said:
    Like others have said both great shows but I think Succession has more to it in terms of script writing and acting. I'd start with BB and leave the best Succession course 'til last.

After another wonderful Succession episode last night I'm increasingly angry (nearly upset) that it's the last ever series. If ever a show had a few more seasons in it this is it!
  • Started watching Ed Sheeran's new one on Disney Plus the other day, i have only watched one episode and i know he gets a lot of bad press/ haters, but it was very good, emotional and shows more to him and his wife and what they have gone through the last year. 

As his wife said, they wouldn't normally do a documentary but they felt all people would think if he went today that he was a music making machine and nothing personal, so they wanted to show a bit more around their lives. 

Highly recommend, although i would add, i have always been a big fan of ed, so likely bias. 
  • WHAddick said:
    Jessie said:
    Succession and it isn’t even close.

breaking bad id only recommend so you have context for better call Saul - which is a much better show.

Succession is the only show that begins to come close to the wire and sopranos for me.

another strikingly brilliant episode last night, every episode this series seems to turn out at least one incredible performance from the cast. Shiv and Tom last week, Roman this week. 
  • Sponsored links:

• WHAddick said:
    Jessie said:
    Succession and it isn’t even close.

breaking bad id only recommend so you have context for better call Saul - which is a much better show.

Succession is the only show that begins to come close to the wire and sopranos for me.

another strikingly brilliant episode last night, every episode this series seems to turn out at least one incredible performance from the cast. Shiv and Tom last week, Roman this week. 
    Roman/Kieran Culkin is so good in this episode. The emotion is so real.

Every single actor in the main cast deserves an Emmy/a Golden Globe. Sarah Snook, Matthew Macfadyen, Jeremy Strong, Kieran Culkin are all fantastic. I just hope their careers will go on to be more successful.

I saw a brief interview with Bradley Cooper yesterday and was wondering why he's so popular in Hollywood??? I've seen a few films he's in but he has never stood out. I don't think he's breathtakingly handsome either. I never understand his popularity. I can't help but feel that this business is so unfair and cruel. Actors and actresses like those in Succession are immensely talented yet they don't receive enough recognition when compared to the A list movie stars. 
  • Jessie said:
    WHAddick said:
    Thanks Jints. And which did you rate higher?
    As Jints and jams said, both are fantastic shows but very different. I think maybe you could choose according to the subjects which you are more interested in. Personally I like Succession a bit more than Breaking Bad. Succession is quite fast paced while BB can be slow sometimes. I suggest watching both pilots of those two and decide which one you'd like to continue. :)
    Thanks Jessie!
  • Thanks All for the comments on BB and Succession...I have a decision to make!
  • Watched the first episode of Maryland. Another women orientated drama and probably not much is going to happen, but the acting, particularly between the two leads, is excellent. Suranne Jones shines again. The series was partly her idea and she gets to play one of two sisters. But going against the type she has played in other recent dramas, she is the rather wet one living with hubby and two teenage daughters somewhere up north. The hard arse career woman older sister is played by Eve Best who I remember being fantastic in the American series Nurse Jackie. Watching the two together is great -  the elder stoic and thoughtful whilst the younger is all emotion and need (fantastic use of her hands as a reflection of her character by Jones).
  • edited May 2023
    Also watched Dreamland, only 6 episodes i think its a sky series. Lily Allen stars in this comedy/ drama, about a family who live in margate and lots going on, really got into it towards the end and cant wait for the next series. 
  • Beef(Netflix)

Comedy drama about an escalating feud between two characters following a road rage incident. The central characters inhabit very different worlds.

Very funny plot - I'm half way through the series. Cast is very good.
  • Just finished watching once upon a time in Northern Ireland on bbc iPlayer a real account of what happened during the troubles
    Sad but good watch
    Unbelievable what these people on both sides had to go through 
  • Wellred said:
    Just finished watching once upon a time in Northern Ireland on bbc iPlayer a real account of what happened during the troubles
    Sad but good watch
    Watched this as well. Really interesting. So much about the troubles that I didnt know.
  • Watched the 4 part series on iPlayer about the mass shooting at the Las Vegas music festival in 2017 last night. Its called 11 minutes. Well worth a watch, shocking and upsetting in places, but handles a really emotive subject well imo.
  • Wellred said:
    Just finished watching once upon a time in Northern Ireland on bbc iPlayer a real account of what happened during the troubles
    Sad but good watch
    Watched this as well. Really interesting. So much about the troubles that I didnt know.

Real eye opener