Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New Tv series (REMEMBER: No Spoilers)

Comments

• Please take a look at Colin from Accounts on BBC2. Set in Sydney, it's very witty and, shall we say, a little earthy in its humour.  Suppose it could be described as a RomCom and the two central characters do have a natural chemistry (actually married in real life). But there are some great supporting characters too not least the dog on rear wheels after whom the show is named. 
    Just watched the first couple of episodes - very funny. 
  • Into episode 4 of 8 in the Netflix series airing from tonight -The Diplomat.

Very enjoyable so far & all the better for having the luscious Rufus Sewell in nearly every scene. 
    Tried this and thought the first episode was promising. But had to give up as got too frustrated with the inaccuracies and it being completely unrealistic. Slightly worried it will make people think things happen like they most definitely don't!
  • Very late to this one but, race across the world I have enjoyed. The latest Canada one. What a stunning country. Worth watching for scenery alone. I don't like reality TV but this is good.
  • Colin from accounts is very good
  • edited April 2023
    Yeah finished Colin today, very good although I thought the earlier episodes were better than the end ones. Was howling at the bath scene.
  • edited April 2023
    Currently watching Our Friends In The North, never watched it first time around, really enjoying it.
    It’s excellent … some terrific debuts from big actors 
  • edited April 2023
    Into episode 4 of 8 in the Netflix series airing from tonight -The Diplomat.

Very enjoyable so far & all the better for having the luscious Rufus Sewell in nearly every scene. 
    Tried this and thought the first episode was promising. But had to give up as got too frustrated with the inaccuracies and it being completely unrealistic. Slightly worried it will make people think things happen like they most definitely don't!
    That's a shame.

It's a fictional drama not a documentary. 

We've just finished the whole series & can't wait for the next .
  • Yeah finished Colin today, very good although I thought the earlier episodes were better than the end ones. Was howling at the bath scene.
    Some very funny scenes and clever script.
  • Into episode 4 of 8 in the Netflix series airing from tonight -The Diplomat.

That's a shame.

It's a fictional drama not a documentary. 

We've just finished the whole series & can't wait for the next .
    I know, but still........lol
  • Sponsored links:

• Just finished Obsession on Netflix. Absolute shit.
  • TEL said:
    Funny isn't it, we all see tings differently. Gave up on The Night Agent, found it predictable
    in a typical spoon fed American way. 
    100% Tel but wouldn’t it be boring if we were all the same.

I thought stranger things and the last of us were rubbish  yet others on here claiming it’s the best TV they have watched since breaking bad etc.

We all have different tastes and long may it continue 
    I'm with you. Tried Stranger things and gave up, Last of us I've not seen to be fair but it's probably not something I'd like, but I'd give it a go regardless. 
  • Glovepup said:
    TEL said:
    Funny isn't it, we all see tings differently. Gave up on The Night Agent, found it predictable
    in a typical spoon fed American way. 
    Same as you. Stopped watching it, didn't seem original. But I did enjoy The Recruit. 
    Yes I enjoyed The Recruit too. Found the acting and script in The Night Agent both wooden and unoriginal Al. Maybe poorly cast. I dunno, it just didn't sit right for me. 
  • stonemuse said:
    Currently watching Our Friends In The North, never watched it first time around, really enjoying it.
    It’s excellent … some terrific debuts from big actors 
    Agree, so many of them went on to greater things. Nicky, Tosker and of course Geordie really nailed down their acting credentials back then. A side note, one of my work colleagues had been dating Gina McKee at the time. 
  • Couple of episodes in to The Diplomat, enjoyable and a few funny moments too. Always been a fan of Rufus Sewell too. 
    That’s what Mrs ET said.
    That’s what Mrs ET said.
    Has she phoned home yet ? :)
  • Finally took out an HBO sub, mainly to try Succession and find out what all the fuss is about.

I’ m currently up to S1/E5. It‘s brilliant in many ways but my main problem is that every single major character is either a c**t, or embarassingly useless, and in dire need of humane termination.

Is that how it is, for 4 series? Absolutely no one you ever get to like or even have some fleeting sympathy for? That’s a lot of TV to get through…
  • Watched Dreamland the new Lily Allen show on Sky. Wasn't expecting much, but was actually pretty good. She is a surprisingly good actor. Bit of a who's who of British comedy in it as well. TBF Aimee-Ffion Edwards (Sophie from Detectorists) is in it so it's worth watching just for her......
  • Finally took out an HBO sub, mainly to try Succession and find out what all the fuss is about.

I’ m currently up to S1/E5. It‘s brilliant in many ways but my main problem is that every single major character is either a c**t, or embarassingly useless, and in dire need of humane termination.

Is that how it is, for 4 series? Absolutely no one you ever get to like or even have some fleeting sympathy for? That’s a lot of TV to get through…
    Kinda

Although the dynamics do twist and change its the c*ntiness of the main cast that keeps me hooked 
  • Sponsored links:

I did for Kendall but that was before I got to season 3. You are absolutely right, none of the characters are likeable. I saw a comment saying that that was the reason why some people just couldn't get into this series. There's no one to root for😂 But I suppose that's the reality although slightly exaggerated. The super rich people at the very top are not likeable easygoing people but who only care about their own interests and sometimes even despicable.
  • Third and final series of Guilt starts Thursday at 9pm on BBC2.
  • Third and final series of Guilt starts Thursday at 9pm on BBC2.
    Loved the first two series. Struggling with this one after an episode and a bit. Maybe need to watch it again. 
  • Has anyone seen BEEF? Been hearing good things 
  • I thought beef was ok, good but some reviews are hyping it up too much and it raises people’s expectations.
  • Thought Obsession was crap.

half way through night agent and really enjoying it.
  • Just finished watching A Town Called Malice. Very enjoyable with a great soundtrack 
  • Colin from accounts is very good
    I've seen the first 3 episodes now & it's really amusing/funny.
  • Loved the final season of Picard on Amazon Prime, all very nostalgic.