Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New Tv series (REMEMBER: No Spoilers)

Comments

• Enjoyed the newest ep of Race across the world Canada! Really not much of a fan of the Father and daughter duo. Not Ladi + Monique, the other pair. I find the Dad really obnoxious/annoying
    I’m with you on that.
     I’m trying really hard to find something endearing about either of them.
    It’s just not happening 🫣
    The two middle aged women are the most likeable pair. Ladi is a good guy but his daughter is a bit of a princess.
  • Enjoyed the newest ep of Race across the world Canada! Really not much of a fan of the Father and daughter duo. Not Ladi + Monique, the other pair. I find the Dad really obnoxious/annoying
    I’m with you on that.
    I feel a bit sorry for the daughter, she's a bit of a whinge but their relationship is obviously quite strained
  • edited April 2023
    IdleHans said:
    Enjoyed the newest ep of Race across the world Canada! Really not much of a fan of the Father and daughter duo. Not Ladi + Monique, the other pair. I find the Dad really obnoxious/annoying
    I’m with you on that.
    The two middle aged women are the most likeable pair. Ladi is a good guy but his daughter is a bit of a princess.
    I think that Ladi has made her a princess.

A couple of bits from last week, about driving the rental cars, there was clips of teams driving in yesterday’s show with where the back seats were empty, so no cameramen in the car. Also I’m sure I see a clip where the two girls were in their car, one in the passenger seat and the other behind her, so who was driving? I’ll have to check again to see if I was seeing things.
  • Rain Dogs (BBC)

New comedy with Daisy May Cooper. Watched the first three episodes on IPlayer - some funny bits but hard to engage with any of the characters.
  • IdleHans said:
    Enjoyed the newest ep of Race across the world Canada! Really not much of a fan of the Father and daughter duo. Not Ladi + Monique, the other pair. I find the Dad really obnoxious/annoying
    I’m with you on that.
    Very true, she's clearly daddy's little girl. 
  • IdleHans said:
    IdleHans said:
    I’m with you on that.
    Very true, she's clearly daddy's little girl. 
    Yea, though I think Ladi realises that, which is why he's tried to take her out of her comfort zone in this show a bit.
  • IdleHans said:
    I’m with you on that.

A couple of bits from last week, about driving the rental cars, there was clips of teams driving in yesterday’s show with where the back seats were empty, so no cameramen in the car. Also I’m sure I see a clip where the two girls were in their car, one in the passenger seat and the other behind her, so who was driving? I’ll have to check again to see if I was seeing things.
    They picked up another girl to car share.
    The one in the red jacket they hugged before getting in the car was also looking for a car share.
    The driver was obviously the one who offered to take all 3.
  • IdleHans said:
    I’m with you on that.

The one in the red jacket they hugged before getting in the car was also looking for a car share.
    Yea and he charged them a fair whack for the pleasure!
  • IdleHans said:
    I’m with you on that.

I don’t think they went with the original fella who clearly was trying to fleece them, the git.
  • Sponsored links:

• IdleHans said:
    I’m with you on that.

I don’t think they went with the original fella who clearly was trying to fleece them, the git.
    They did he's driving the car in that scene! 
  • IdleHans said:
    I’m with you on that.

Really?
    I missed that. I can’t believe they went with him. Fecker!
  • IdleHans said:
    I’m with you on that.

Really?
    What about Barry and I’ll be leaving in 30mins and I’ll give you a lift? 
  • I've finally started Succession 

I've been really wary of this due to how much praise its received but it is majestic. Really well written, acted and filmed 

I'm in series 3 now and I think I can see whats going to happen but very much enjoying it, especially the dialogue between the siblings when they really start going at each other 
  • Waiting for Succession to all be available on Netflix or Amazon- only latest series is on at moment 
  • Carter said:
    I've finally started Succession 

I've been really wary of this due to how much praise its received but it is majestic. Really well written, acted and filmed 

I'm in series 3 now and I think I can see whats going to happen but very much enjoying it, especially the dialogue between the siblings when they really start going at each other 
    We keep meaning to give it a try but one day......
  • Anyone watched Six Four on itvX ? 
  • edited April 2023
    Yep same, both coming across as pretty self-centred and whingy, the Dad is worse.

The brothers are too wet for me, as well, nice enough lads but don't make entertaining TV.

Ladi, Zainib and Mobeen still coming across well though, and the ladies seem a nice pair.

Still a good show, but it's the weakest series by far - having to stick to one country so less variety etc doesn't help.
  • Dunno if this has come up on here before but I’ve been laid up for a couple of days and have been binging For All Mankind on Apple TV. Absolutely excellent. Hokum of course but I found it engrossing and am on to season two in just under 24 hours. 
    End of season two is great, I think the cast put a huge shift in, and despite the crazy American view on everything the main characters are really strong.
  • MrOneLung said:
    Anyone watched Six Four on itvX ? 
    Bit slow but worth watching. 
  • Sponsored links:

• IdleHans said:
    I’m with you on that.

Really?
    Chain puller extraordinaire 🙄🤣🤣
  • Still Game very funny bbc 
  • Arkers said:
    Still Game very funny bbc 
    Two pints prick
  • edited April 2023
    IdleHans said:
    I’m with you on that.

Really?
    He just had the runs, was still in the supermarket toilet.

Thought he'd only be half an hour but no.
    The absentee father stuff is laid on a bit thick too.

He was at work, presumably a flight of stairs away, he didn't leave when you were a baby or anything.

Most children of landlords I know loved growing up running a pub, being a big part of the community etc.
  • Carter said:
    I've finally started Succession 

Really? I absolutely love this show and the ending to season 3 was really a huge surprise. I didn't see it coming at all, which is one of the reasons why I like the show so much. I'm currently waiting for episode 3 of the final season. I feel this season has been a bit slow and slightly less exciting than previous ones but it's still the early days. Hope it will have a satisfying finale.
  • You don't know me... BBC/Netflix. 
    First three episodes were good, the last one pffft. 
  • Just watched two excellent docuseries on Netflix. I watched in the wrong order but can highly recommend Lennox Hill and Emergency NYC. The doctors and staff are just simply wonderful human beings. Not a fan of the US in general and all that goes on there but these two series are heart warming. 
  • IdleHans said:
    Watched the second episode of Blue Lights this week, but found it similar to the first. Bleak, depressing, and slow moving. Wont be watching any more of them.
    It gets better. Stick with it. It is depressing but I enjoyed it after a slow start. 
    Just finished it. Very good I thought.