Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New Tv series (REMEMBER: No Spoilers)

Comments

• Half way through Tulsa King. Probably Stallone’s best work, really enjoying it.
  • TelMc32 said:
    So what did we think of the first episode of Race Across the World, sorry Canada?
     I’m loving Ladi already, what a guy!
    Really like this show. Recommended it to my sister and she and her family are hooked now after watching this new one the other night.  She’s going back for the first two series now.  

Only seen the first episode, but the scenery is absolutely stunning and it seems like a really good group they’ve got on taking part, Ladi in particular. He’s got exactly the right attitude, helping people, paying it forward and setting a brilliant example for his daughter. 
    Another vote for Ladi. Loved the scene where he's helping to clean the bus, just because it was a nice thing to do for a helpful tour guide, and his daughter couldn't get her head around it was quite funny. As was the two that immediately got lost for hours! 
  • Half way through Tulsa King. Probably Stallone’s best work, really enjoying it.
    I said to someone the other day I thought it was his best work, and loving the show.
  • TelMc32 said:
    So what did we think of the first episode of Race Across the World, sorry Canada?
    Really like this show. Recommended it to my sister and she and her family are hooked now after watching this new one the other night.  She’s going back for the first two series now.  

Only seen the first episode, but the scenery is absolutely stunning and it seems like a really good group they’ve got on taking part, Ladi in particular. He’s got exactly the right attitude, helping people, paying it forward and setting a brilliant example for his daughter. 
    Another vote for Ladi. Loved the scene where he's helping to clean the bus, just because it was a nice thing to do for a helpful tour guide, and his daughter couldn't get her head around it was quite funny. As was the two that immediately got lost for hours! 
    Ladi is a top bloke. A bit disappointed in the number of routes that they could take, where they all ended up if the same ferry and only 17 minutes from first to last. Having said that fancy have spent £650 on taxis and only having a slender advantage.
  • TelMc32 said:

Ladi is a top bloke. A bit disappointed in the number of routes that they could take, where they all ended up if the same ferry and only 17 minutes from first to last. Having said that fancy have spent £650 on taxis and only having a slender advantage.
    Yep, he needs to lose his ego quick time or I’m going to go off him quickly. When they filmed his daughter bursting into tears cos he walked away like he always does 🥹😢
  • Few spoilers creeping in folks, not a concern to me but for those yet to watch a lot of information is being posted 
  • I just find it fascinating for the younger ones.
    When do they ever get the opportunity to travel like this without any technology?
    Its definitely the stuff that makes you.
    Absolutely, I think there's a generation of kids at the moment who would have trouble deciding if they wanted to go somewhere unless they could take their phone and show it off.

On a trip without phones they'll take the time to look around and take it all in.
  • TelMc32 said:

I sort of got her point given they're in a race (rather than just travelling), but he's right that it's a good attitude to have.

The other Dad with his daughter came across like a grumpy git in comparison, but hopefully he'll improve as it goes along.
  • Dunno if this has come up on here before but I’ve been laid up for a couple of days and have been binging For All Mankind on Apple TV. Absolutely excellent. Hokum of course but I found it engrossing and am on to season two in just under 24 hours. 
  • My heart tends to sink at the prospect of yet another BBC Dickens adaptation on a Sunday night, but I really enjoyed Great Expectations first episode of six this evening. It zipped along and was far from stuffy. 
  • Sponsored links:

• I watched the new Paddy McGuiness show last night, Tempting Fortune, which was an interesting idea but ruined but absolutely awful contestants. Not a single likeable character amongst them, I hope they all get lost in South Africa and never return to the UK! 
  • edited March 2023
    IdleHans said:
    My heart tends to sink at the prospect of yet another BBC Dickens adaptation on a Sunday night, but I really enjoyed Great Expectations first episode of six this evening. It zipped along and was far from stuffy. 
    should have called it Exceeded Expectations
  • IdleHans said:
    My heart tends to sink at the prospect of yet another BBC Dickens adaptation on a Sunday night, but I really enjoyed Great Expectations first episode of six this evening. It zipped along and was far from stuffy. 
    didn't seem any different to the last adaption with Gillian Anderson in it
  • Watched the first episode of the final season of Succession last night and really enjoyed it.
  • The Night Agent 10 part series on Netflix is decent, albeit a bit unbelievable at times
  • Watched all 6 episodes of BBC1/iPlayer 's " Blue Lights " over the past 2 nights.

REALLY enjoyed it & feel it's one of the best police dramas we've seen for a long time. 
  • watched 4 episodes of Redemption last night, really enjoying it, another set in Ireland.
  • Watched all 6 episodes of BBC1/iPlayer 's " Blue Lights " over the past 2 nights.

REALLY enjoyed it & feel it's one of the best police dramas we've seen for a long time. 
    Watched the first one and found it very bleak, but good enough to watch more. 
  • watched series 5 of 'Unforgotten', the first with a new female lead .. well written and superbly acted as usual, a top notch 'cops/whodunnit' drama that is a lot more than just that
  • Sponsored links:

• IdleHans said:
    Watched all 6 episodes of BBC1/iPlayer 's " Blue Lights " over the past 2 nights.

Watched the first one and found it very bleak, but good enough to watch more. 
    Same here and am afraid to say I am at the stage now where I end up swerving Irish dramas due to the accents.
  • Town Called Malice is good for the music but some of the acting is dreadful, particularly the mum and dad of the family

Excessive use of the word cannister and do Millwalls finest really call Bermondsey Bermo 😂

Only lasted 10 minutes watching this crap 
    & No Millwall finest don't call Bermondsey Bermo 
  • Bit late to it but ‘This is Us’ on Disney. Only 2 episodes in but it seems completely engrossing. Can imagine it’s one of those shows that has all sorts of emotions 
  • edited March 2023
    Champs85 said:
    Bit late to it but ‘This is Us’ on Disney. Only 2 episodes in but it seems completely engrossing. Can imagine it’s one of those shows that has all sorts of emotions 
    My missus watched this, there’s a hundred seasons and a hundred episodes in each and they’re all the same, heartstring tuggers zzzz
  • watched series 5 of 'Unforgotten', the first with a new female lead .. well written and superbly acted as usual, a top notch 'cops/whodunnit' drama that is a lot more than just that
    Has it finished yet?  Was waiting to be able to binge it.
  • The new series of Ted Lasso has failed where the first two succeeded in that it has finally descended too far into parody and cliché. The new star striker character is such a Zlatan rip off it’s untrue.  I realise it’s supposed to be a comedy based in parody but this is a season too far in my view. Should have quit while they were ahead. 
  • Fumbluff said:
    Champs85 said:
    Bit late to it but ‘This is Us’ on Disney. Only 2 episodes in but it seems completely engrossing. Can imagine it’s one of those shows that has all sorts of emotions 
    My missus watched this, there’s a hundred seasons and a hundred episodes in each and they’re all the same, heartstring tuggers zzzz
    I used to love it. But then got tired of it after three seasons. Thought it began to just repeat itself.

I was watching the final season of Mad Men with my parents last night. I watched its first five season about 10 years ago and then just stopped at the beginning of season six because it was too slow. I picked it up again recently and absolutely enjoyed it. My mum watched a bit of it with me 10 years ago and wasn't very impressed. However, this time she really loves it too. Then last night after another fantastic episode she turned to me and said "I thought it was as mediocre as This Is Us! But I was wrong. It's so good, isn't it?" I said "Of course it's good! It is always in those top 10 or 100 greatest TV series of all time lists, whereas This Is Us is just one family drama. They're two completely different series. Mad Men is much deeper and much more realistic and thought-provoking."     Well, anyway, I think it's simply wrong to compare those two. 😆
    Has it finished yet?  Was waiting to be able to binge it.
    No
  • OK, cheers.

Wife & I normally watch it week to week, but missed the first two episodes and thought we might just wait!

Been working our way through Happy Valley on iplayer, appreciate we're late to it, but halfway through the second series - great show.