Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New Tv series (REMEMBER: No Spoilers)

Comments

• Enjoyed Nolly. HB-C is so versatile. I wonder how well this will ‘land’ with anyone under 55 given that Crossroads ended in 1987 and Noelle Gordon is generally not known for anything afterwards. 
  • Much better episode of Last of Us this week. 
  • Just caught up with new series of Unforgotten and Endeavour. The normal slow start for Unforgotten with lots of different stories which will no doubt be pulled together in later episodes. That chemistry of the two lead parts has been well and truly blown away with the much loved Cassie being replaced by a, so far, very unsympathetic character. Sunny has already admitted he hates her so we will have to see how that relationship develops. We know Sunny adored his old boss, but thought it was a bit weird him sitting by her grave for hours on end (forgetting a champagne dinner for two arranged by his partner at home).  

Endeavor was a joy. The side burns, the pint jugs, the office drinks cabinet, the jag. Lovely.
    I think Endeavour was superb for the first few series but I'm struggling a bit with the latest one. The "in episode" story lines are fine but all of the references to stuff that happened in earlier series require either a recent re-watch or the memory of an OCD elephant.
  • Davo55 said:
    Just caught up with new series of Unforgotten and Endeavour. The normal slow start for Unforgotten with lots of different stories which will no doubt be pulled together in later episodes. That chemistry of the two lead parts has been well and truly blown away with the much loved Cassie being replaced by a, so far, very unsympathetic character. Sunny has already admitted he hates her so we will have to see how that relationship develops. We know Sunny adored his old boss, but thought it was a bit weird him sitting by her grave for hours on end (forgetting a champagne dinner for two arranged by his partner at home).  

Endeavor was a joy. The side burns, the pint jugs, the office drinks cabinet, the jag. Lovely.
    I think Endeavour was superb for the first few series but I'm struggling a bit with the latest one. The "in episode" story lines are fine but all of the references to stuff that happened in earlier series require either a recent re-watch or the memory of an OCD elephant.
    Have to agree with this, Davo.

Such a pity to end what has been a remarkable few years of following the trials, tribulations & successes of this unique detective with a less than satisfactory conclusion. 

We'll miss you, Morse.
    Thought it was brilliant mate.
    Thought it was brilliant mate.
    Great episode. Just a shame we're already up to the final one next week and then probably a lengthy wait for season 2.
  • edited March 2023
    The guy that played James was the voice actor for Joel in the game. Loved the episode, another very similar to the game. 
    https://youtu.be/sCTJlzEUJ0o
  • meldrew66 said:
    Enjoyed Nolly. HB-C is so versatile. I wonder how well this will ‘land’ with anyone under 55 given that Crossroads ended in 1987 and Noelle Gordon is generally not known for anything afterwards. 
    Didn't expect to, but I thoroughly enjoyed Nolly. If it's a true representation of Noel Gordon then I completely had the wrong opinion of her.
  • 2 episodes into S3 of The Mandalorian and its definitely feeling like it's lost a bit of the magic. The first season was great when it was just episodic and pulpy, now it's telling huge story arcs and it just doesn't work as well for me. 
  • Not new, but I've finally got around to watching Ghosts (BBC one rather than the US one) - really enjoying it.

So, for those who watch it, who's your favourite ghost?

Pat or Robin for me.
  • Sponsored links:

• Not new, but I've finally got around to watching Ghosts (BBC one rather than the US one) - really enjoying it.

Pat or Robin for me.
    Robin 

Pat or Robin for me.
    Yeah Pat for me. 

Didn’t like Kitty  

As an aside, I didn’t even notice they also played the plague victims in the basement until near the end of the second series !!

Pat or Robin for me.
    I’m actually really enjoying it. If anyone hasn’t watched it yet, I’d suggest you watch the last couple of episodes of the Boba Fett series as it links into it. 
  • Really enjoyed the opening Mando episode. 

Pat or Robin for me.
    Robin 
    The Canadian version is pretty good, I've watched all four seasons. Thorfinn is my favourite in that version 
  • thenewbie said:
    2 episodes into S3 of The Mandalorian and its definitely feeling like it's lost a bit of the magic. The first season was great when it was just episodic and pulpy, now it's telling huge story arcs and it just doesn't work as well for me. 
    Pretty confident it will hot up and not disappoint. Episode left me with a big smile. Can’t share anything other than bit of a piece of artwork… Love R5…

• Watched the new Luther film on Netflix. 

It was very over the top and the extra budget made it seem more like James Bond than Luther. 

It was very over the top and the extra budget made it seem more like James Bond than Luther. 
    Yeah I watched it last night, thought it was meh. Didn’t really translate to the big screen, felt rushed and the storyline was wayyy OTT for no real reason, whilst also being unoriginal.
  • edited March 2023
    Thoroughly recommend  Adam Curtis' Trauma Zone on BBC iPlayer.
    Something of a departure from his other stuff like HyperNormalisation, the series documents  Russia in the '80s & '90s using some extraordinary 'home movie' footage with a series of two line texts that encapsulates the shifting zeitgeist of the time perfectly.
    Not exactly selling it here, but certainly worth watching if only to realise that as bad as things are in this country...

• Sponsored links:

Exactly my view on it.
  • Just finished watching the 3 part documentary 'Death in the Pacific'.  It's about the bombing of the Rainbow Warrior in Auckland, 1985. Worth watching imo.
  • So just finished Game of Thrones. Loved it but thought the final two episodes were a bit wonky.
  • 6 episodes (of 9) into 1923 and have quite enjoyed it. Took me a while to realise Banner was Jerome Flynn…has he shrunk?? Seems half the man he was when he was in Soldier Soldier over here.  The three main storylines are all well done. Certainly showing the brutality of the Catholic Church towards the Native Indians.
  • Witness Number Three. Short series, I think first aired on Channel 5 but now on Paramount. 

Three people witness the abduction of a man who is subsequently murder. What follows is extreme intimidation on a Peckham housing estate.

7/10
  • edited March 2023
    Latest episode of The Last Of Us is an absolute cracker, not for the faint of heart but when it does have violence or other heavy themes it feels "earned" unlike something like (to use a previously named example) Luther* where it feels like its grim just because it can.

*in later years at least
  • i really enjoyed Devils ( I watched it on SBS but it has the Sky logo on it). Its high finance drama set in 2011 when it looked like the euro might tank. Some good casting, and the history of that time woven into the script. Not for everyone but definitely one of my favourites for a while. 
  • i really enjoyed Devils ( I watched it on SBS but it has the Sky logo on it). Its high finance drama set in 2011 when it looked like the euro might tank. Some good casting, and the history of that time woven into the script. Not for everyone but definitely one of my favourites for a while. 
    Just watched the first episode, seems pretty good. 
  • johnny73 said:
    Emotional last episode of Endeavour. Think I'll revisit Morse next.
    That's probably it for terrestrial TV for me. Endeavour was the last remaining show which I watched as it aired.
    Indeed. More wet tissues at Fanackapan Towers tonight.

Will really miss this, especially the brilliant Shaun Evans. Hope we see more of him soon.