Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New Tv series (REMEMBER: No Spoilers)

Comments

• Unforgotten is back tonight, ITV1 at 9pm.
    Minus Nicola Walker. 
    My expectations are low/average. 
  • I like Sinead Keenan to be fair, and it's still got the same writer etc.

We shall see but I'm reasonably confident it'll still be good.
  • Unforgotten is back tonight, ITV1 at 9pm.
    Be interesting how the new woman boss does on this. 

Will be watching Better tonight then Unforgotten tomorrow without adverts. 
  • Chizz said:
    Better was very good
    Yes, different enough to make a change, just couldn’t believe in Bulgy as I swear that actor usually just plays idiots or he was one of the Do-it-all men?
    Bit disappointed with the ending but otherwise very good…
  • Fumbluff said:
    Chizz said:
    Better was very good
    Yes, different enough to make a change, just couldn’t believe in Bulgy as I swear that actor usually just plays idiots or he was one of the Do-it-all men?
    No spoilers- weekly pace. 
  • I like Sinead Keenan to be fair, and it's still got the same writer etc.

We shall see but I'm reasonably confident it'll still be good.
    It jumped around all over the place - average so far.
  • Fumbluff said:
    Chizz said:
    Better was very good
    I thought it was fairly average. Couple of decent episodes but another couple were too slow. Not the best ending to top it off. I watched some of it being filmed and got a free lunch as they used my work building for 2 days too. 
  • Not a new series as it came out last year

But just watched 5 days at Memorial an apple tv series, true events based on what happened at Memorial hospital in New Orleans after Katrina

Fantastic series and knowing it was based on real events makes some of it hard to watch, you don't realise what actually happens in these events, I remember seeing Katrina on the news at the time but seeing this series has opened my eyes to so much horror 
  • Mandalorian Season 3 Ep 1 - Star Wars is back and that sub-40 minute episode was a bit reminiscent of a Flash Gordon serial episode, three chapters within an episode, Beast fight, street fight and space battle included. Actually like the shorter format and how fast paced it was. Mission for season 3 will no doubt have twists and turns but at its core we now know what Mando wants… Looking forward to next week. One slight complaint, the Anzellan species special effects/puppeteering were inferior (budget I suspect) than in the Rise of Skywalker, noticeably so, which could have been addressed. Also, they screwed up with an unnecessary sound effect in an early scene - which categorically had no reason to be there. See if you spot it? Anyway, nerd out…
  • Sponsored links:

• doronron said:
    Fauda on Netflix is absolutely brilliant 
    100%
  • Mandalorian Season 3 Ep 1 - Star Wars is back and that sub-40 minute episode was a bit reminiscent of a Flash Gordon serial episode, three chapters within an episode, Beast fight, street fight and space battle included. Actually like the shorter format and how fast paced it was. Mission for season 3 will no doubt have twists and turns but at its core we now know what Mando wants… Looking forward to next week. One slight complaint, the Anzellan species special effects/puppeteering were inferior (budget I suspect) than in the Rise of Skywalker, noticeably so, which could have been addressed. Also, they screwed up with an unnecessary sound effect in an early scene - which categorically had no reason to be there. See if you spot it? Anyway, nerd out…
    Ooooh I’m saving a few to do at once.
    Can’t wait 🤩
  • Parole .. BBC .. difficult decisions and how they are arrived at .. VERY good
  • Agree with Parole being very interesting, not the decisions I expected in either programme.
  • Talal said:
    Talal said:
    Re. the last of us - there's a guy on youtube doing comparison videos to the game for anyone that might be interested. I've played the game a couple of times but not for a while so was interesting to see the differences. The game voice acting is second to none in my opinion and feels more authentic than the show, though I'm still enjoying it. 

https://youtu.be/4Y1bB7L84kU

My God! They're almost the same. The video game is so realistic - NB. I haven't played anything but FIFA since the early nineties.

What I don't understand is if the game is so scripted, what does the player actually do? I suppose you shoot guns but what about scenes like giving a present on the sofa?
    There are far more infected in the game that you have to deal with, not just guns but plenty of stealth. My memory isn't great on it but think there are other playable areas that are about bonding between Joel and Ellie. Plenty of cut scenes like the present scene that tell the story. 
    Yeah there are long sections of stealth where you are waiting for the right time to move. You can go gung-ho but you may not have the ammo, or you risk getting overwhelmed. Then there's some down time where characters bond. It is as story-heavy as I know of in video games, particularly TLOU2! That is longer so will be across 2 TV seasons.

The first episode of the new South Park season is very good, then the second episode is good. Episode 3 is on Comedy Central tonight. 
  • Not a new series as it came out last year

But just watched 5 days at Memorial an apple tv series, true events based on what happened at Memorial hospital in New Orleans after Katrina

Fantastic series and knowing it was based on real events makes some of it hard to watch, you don't realise what actually happens in these events, I remember seeing Katrina on the news at the time but seeing this series has opened my eyes to so much horror 
    I watched two episodes of this last year. It was good and is rated very highly on a Chinese website by around 14k viewers. I didn't finish it only because I was too busy and never got around to it again.😅
  • Was watching the new series about Hornby (naturally) and noticed this kid who was part of a weekly group of model train enthusiasts. A true addick.

I watch that Hornby series n all
  • Got round to watching this weeks Last of Us. Weakest episode so far. I get they wanna give back story etc, but they do drag it out.
  • Sponsored links:

• Got round to watching this weeks Last of Us. Weakest episode so far. I get they wanna give back story etc, but they do drag it out.
    I agree, I said the same thing to my mate, that story could've fitted in half the episode rather taking up the whole story. 
  • edited March 2023
    Got round to watching this weeks Last of Us. Weakest episode so far. I get they wanna give back story etc, but they do drag it out.
    Pretty much a carbon copy of the expansion Left Behind, which I enjoyed playing but don't think it transitioned very well to tv. 
  • Can’t knock the acting tho, and the mall scenery and lighting was great.
  • Can’t knock the acting tho, and the mall scenery and lighting was great.
    Yeah even a (relatively) weak episode is still very good, just not quite at the heights of the very best episodes.
  • Just caught up with new series of Unforgotten and Endeavour. The normal slow start for Unforgotten with lots of different stories which will no doubt be pulled together in later episodes. That chemistry of the two lead parts has been well and truly blown away with the much loved Cassie being replaced by a, so far, very unsympathetic character. Sunny has already admitted he hates her so we will have to see how that relationship develops. We know Sunny adored his old boss, but thought it was a bit weird him sitting by her grave for hours on end (forgetting a champagne dinner for two arranged by his partner at home).  

Endeavor was a joy. The side burns, the pint jugs, the office drinks cabinet, the jag. Lovely.
  • thenewbie said:
    Can’t knock the acting tho, and the mall scenery and lighting was great.
    Yeah even a (relatively) weak episode is still very good, just not quite at the heights of the very best episodes.
    I'd say that episode 3 was superb. The rest have varied between OK and very good. 
  • 1923. 8 episodes. 3 storyline's. One where I couldn't care less, the second touching on the hideous abuse of the native people, and a third African Boon &Mills romance. Very disjointed and so disappointing after the excellent 1893. 5/10
  • edited March 2023
    Reg. The Last of Us: Episode 8 doesn't air for another 6 hours, but it's already got ratings on IMDB. How is that possible?
  • Just finished season two of "The Wilds"

Afar better series than I anticipated. A very strong female cast and written and directed by women. 

The end was left open for a third season but it looks like it's not going to happen. 

Nonetheless enjoyable. 7/10