Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New Tv series (REMEMBER: No Spoilers)

Comments

• I've just rattled off 7 episodes of Last of Us. Excellent show, thanks for all the recommendations on this thread.
  • Watched the first two of S3 Mandalorian last night.
    R5 baby!!
    Happy little Sis 😊
  • Watched the first two of S3 Mandalorian last night.
    R5 baby!!
    Happy little Sis 😊
    That's what I am not getting about S3 so far, there was all the set up about bringing back the IG droid and then getting him repaired and finding a memory circuit etc... and then suddenly we just forget that and use R5 instead.

Seems less planned and more "we need to fill time and chuck in some references for the due hard fans."
  • Last of Us finale was a non event. Pony imo. Whole series has blown hot and cold.
  • Last of Us finale was a non event. Pony imo. Whole series has blown hot and cold.
    Agree, for every good episode there are two poor ones.
  • thenewbie said:
    Watched the first two of S3 Mandalorian last night.
    R5 baby!!
    Happy little Sis 😊
    That's what I am not getting about S3 so far, there was all the set up about bringing back the IG droid and then getting him repaired and finding a memory circuit etc... and then suddenly we just forget that and use R5 instead.

Seems less planned and more "we need to fill time and chuck in some references for the due hard fans."
    Responding as a fan of the series. I think the story so far follows exactly the pattern of previous series. This is all about a bounty hunter character who was used to doing everything on his lonesome and in his own way who now has a kid Yoda species in tow and is learning, sometimes the hard way, as his story unfolds. His desire to re-engage IG-11 as a ‘trusted/reliable’ ally I thought was fair enough and hoping he could find the right parts to satisfy his objective equally fine. The fact an astromech could have fulfilled the immediate reason why Mando was hoping to use IG-11 was new news to him I think, but agree wedging in an original trilogy character rather than a new droid, was lip service. As I have said, I think it will all unfold quite nicely. Filoni doesn’t tend to do bad Star Wars (though I think Book of Boba Fett could have been a lot better), hence why I would love him to helm a trilogy or stand alone movie. He just gets it…
  • I’m happy for some references for us die hard fans tbh 🤷‍♀️🤣🤣
  • Just finished watching the 3 part documentary 'Death in the Pacific'.  It's about the bombing of the Rainbow Warrior in Auckland, 1985. Worth watching imo.
    Just watched Eps 2 and I am really enjoying this, the New Zealand police are doing a great job in tracking down the bombers.  
  • thenewbie said:
    Watched the first two of S3 Mandalorian last night.
    R5 baby!!
    Happy little Sis 😊

Responding as a fan of the series. I think the story so far follows exactly the pattern of previous series. This is all about a bounty hunter character who was used to doing everything on his lonesome and in his own way who now has a kid Yoda species in tow and is learning, sometimes the hard way, as his story unfolds. His desire to re-engage IG-11 as a ‘trusted/reliable’ ally I thought was fair enough and hoping he could find the right parts to satisfy his objective equally fine. The fact an astromech could have fulfilled the immediate reason why Mando was hoping to use IG-11 was new news to him I think, but agree wedging in an original trilogy character rather than a new droid, was lip service. As I have said, I think it will all unfold quite nicely. Filoni doesn’t tend to do bad Star Wars (though I think Book of Boba Fett could have been a lot better), hence why I would love him to helm a trilogy or stand alone movie. He just gets it…
    It's not bad and I do enjoy it for what it is but it just doesn't grab me like the first season did any more. He's been doing the whole "loner badass with cute sidekick" shtick for 3 whole seasons now, it's just lost some charm for me personally.

Like I say, I'll watch it quite happily (and this season looks like it's going to properly go into the fall and fate of Mandalore which I am interested to see) but it's diminished returns atm.
  • Anyone watched that new MH370 documentary on Netflix? What a load of tosh.
  • Sponsored links:

• Anyone watched that new MH370 documentary on Netflix? What a load of tosh.
    I am but it contains most, if not all of the same info as the original program that was show a year or two ago, they even interviewed the same people.
  • Wild Isles 

Fantastic as usual from the storyline to the filming, BBC at it’s best 
  • edited March 2023
    Currently watching Better, seen the first 3 (of 5 parts) wasn't sure about it at first but have grown into it....the chief super (Anton Lesser) in Endeavor is in it.

Yeah after that I'm not really sure what angle they were going for throughout the whole series. I enjoyed the back stories and the focus on the two main characters relationship development, but at the same time there was far too much unnecessary dialogue and filler episodes. could have been a 9/10 series but ended up a 7/10.
  • If anybody likes Korean shows then I highly recommend on Netflix The Glory. 
    Its a tough opening watch about a woman bullied at school who later in life takes revenge. It's brilliantly played and boy it's very clever, haven't seen such a good watch in sometime. 
  • The Last of Us overall is a very clever and well produced piece of tele. 

• Paris Police 1905 .. slow, painstaking and brilliant
  • Just finished watching Better (5 part series) well worth watching.
  • I did feel that all the danger from the post-apocalypse came from stories invented by the writers rather than the infected themselves. Let down the series a bit.

This is contrary to the game where you're shitting yourself everytime you walk into a building. 
  • edited March 2023
    Started watching Django last night at 21.30. Woke up on the sofa at 01.30.
  • Sponsored links:

• Watched the first couple of episodes of Town Called Malice on Sky. Good start. Worth watching just for the Casual Clothes from the 80s.
  • Just finished watching Better (5 part series) well worth watching.
    you surely cant have watched the final episode then

what a crock of shit finish to the series

• Watched the first couple of episodes of Town Called Malice on Sky. Good start. Worth watching just for the Casual Clothes from the 80s.
    I enjoyed it … typical Nick Love approach 
  • Agent Elvis is enjoyable, adult humour, a lot of references only dedicated Elvis fans will get, great cast 
  • stonemuse said:
    Watched the first couple of episodes of Town Called Malice on Sky. Good start. Worth watching just for the Casual Clothes from the 80s.
    I enjoyed it … typical Nick Love approach 
    Binge watched, really enjoyed it, and loved the music
  • A Town called Malice.  

Can't work out if it is for real?  If so it is truly the worst thought out drama of all time.  It has the most unbelievable plot, acted out by the most wooden set of actors since Lady Penelope got Parker to give her a lift on the Thunderbirds set.

If it is meant as a parody I've missed the point and will need to get my SOH checked out.  
  • A Town called Malice.  

Can't work out if it is for real?  If so it is truly the worst thought out drama of all time.  It has the most unbelievable plot, acted out by the most wooden set of actors since Lady Penelope got Parker to give her a lift on the Thunderbirds set.

If it is meant as a parody I've missed the point and will need to get my SOH checked out.  
    Agree, I watched episode 1 & thought it was a pile of crap. 
  • Sadly it is the usual Sky offering of style over substance shit. As per they have selected a load of middle class posho actors to play what should be a family of rough as arseholes South Londoners and the accents are excruciating. 

There is only so many ways to remake sexy beast or the business into a series and this is absolutely not it. 

If you like shit acting, worse dialogue but will forgive all of that for nostalgic 80s clothing and songs then this is for you. 

This isn't the first time Sky have farted out something like this and it will probably get a second series. 
  • edited March 2023
    That 3rd episode of The Last of Us is one of the best hours of television I've watched in a long, long time (coming from someone who's never played the game).
    Just catching up on the series - having never played the game either.

Watched ep 3 tonight and couldn’t agree more with this. What a masterful hour of TV - the best I’ve watched since probably Breaking Bad.
  • MrOneLung said:
    Just finished watching Better (5 part series) well worth watching.
    you surely cant have watched the final episode then

what a crock of shit finish to the series

Agree ending was a bit disappointing.