Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New Tv series (REMEMBER: No Spoilers)

Comments

• edited March 2023
    Know what you mean, but I guess it's tricky to fit a week with 5 different couples into an hour without missing some details.  The end of the episode was a bit weird editing-wise too.

Canada looks so beautiful, Dawson City looking like a lost bit of the Wild West is mad.
  • edited March 2023
    I do think it's not quite as good as the previous series, so far - the first in particular just had the best route etc to make it a proper mish-mash of places etc.

I get that it's trickier post-Covid.

And I've not been quite as convinced by the couples - Ladi & Monique and Mobeen and Zainib are good, but the others haven't grabbed me as that likeable/interesting so far - the older women seem nice enough but a bit dull, Marc is so wet, and the other father & daughter are a bit annoying so far!

Although the hipster pair in the first series and the brother & sister in the second were a bit annoying too and it didn't really affect the quality of the show.
  • The other father daughter are going to end up skint pretty sharpish. Then it'll get interesting 🤣
  • watched series 5 of 'Unforgotten', the first with a new female lead .. well written and superbly acted as usual, a top notch 'cops/whodunnit' drama that is a lot more than just that
    Has it finished yet?  Was waiting to be able to binge it.
    I watched it on the ITV X channel .. all 6 episodes are available
  • Jessie said:
    Fumbluff said:
    Champs85 said:
    Bit late to it but ‘This is Us’ on Disney. Only 2 episodes in but it seems completely engrossing. Can imagine it’s one of those shows that has all sorts of emotions 
    My missus watched this, there’s a hundred seasons and a hundred episodes in each and they’re all the same, heartstring tuggers zzzz
    I used to love it. But then got tired of it after three seasons. Thought it began to just repeat itself.

I was watching the final season of Mad Men with my parents last night. I watched its first five season about 10 years ago and then just stopped at the beginning of season six because it was too slow. I picked it up again recently and absolutely enjoyed it. My mum watched a bit of it with me 10 years ago and wasn't very impressed. However, this time she really loves it too. Then last night after another fantastic episode she turned to me and said "I thought it was as mediocre as This Is Us! But I was wrong. It's so good, isn't it?" I said "Of course it's good! It is always in those top 10 or 100 greatest TV series of all time lists, whereas This Is Us is just one family drama. They're two completely different series. Mad Men is much deeper and much more realistic and thought-provoking."     Well, anyway, I think it's simply wrong to compare those two. 😆
    I binged thru Mad Men during 'Covid Jail Time' .. very stylish and addictive, even though not a lot ever happened .. enjoyed it  
  • OK, cheers.

Wife & I normally watch it week to week, but missed the first two episodes and thought we might just wait!

Been working our way through Happy Valley on iplayer, appreciate we're late to it, but halfway through the second series - great show.
    All episodes were released on ITVX when episode 1 became available. 
  • OK, cheers.

Wife & I normally watch it week to week, but missed the first two episodes and thought we might just wait!

Been working our way through Happy Valley on iplayer, appreciate we're late to it, but halfway through the second series - great show.
    All episodes were released on ITVX when episode 1 became available. 
    Haha didn't realise!!  Cheers.
  • edited March 2023
    So what did we think about episode two of Race Across The World (Canada).
    I enjoyed it but found the editing a bit off.
    Like, how did Ladi & Monique fix the VW Camper?
    And Kathy & Trish getting to Dawson?

Found it hilarious when the trailer man turned up………yeah, he looked fine, let’s go home with him 😳🫣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
    A bit disappointing last night. I think that’s the first time where we haven’t seen all the couples actually arrive at the final stop. The fact that there’s no real transport system means everyone seems to be doing the same thing. That’ll probably change a bit as they come further East. Seemed a bit strange as well to announce that last couple get knocked out next week. They’re obviously pushing the race element, rather than the experience. I know that’s the title, but the best part of this has been getting to see some of those experiences in these amazing places.  

Only really feeling a connection with Zainib & Mobeen and Ladi & Monique (not as much as last week) at the moment. Trailer man…brilliant!! 🤣🤣🤣
  • Really enjoying the new Mandalorian series 
  • TelMc32 said:

Found it hilarious when the trailer man turned up………yeah, he looked fine, let’s go home with him 😳🫣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
    A bit disappointing last night. I think that’s the first time where we haven’t seen all the couples actually arrive at the final stop. The fact that there’s no real transport system means everyone seems to be doing the same thing. That’ll probably change a bit as they come further East. Seemed a bit strange as well to announce that last couple get knocked out next week. They’re obviously pushing the race element, rather than the experience. I know that’s the title, but the best part of this has been getting to see some of those experiences in these amazing places.  

Only really feeling a connection with Zainib & Mobeen and Ladi & Monique (not as much as last week) at the moment. Trailer man…brilliant!! 🤣🤣🤣
    They kicked a team off in the first series, after a couple of legs.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited March 2023
    TelMc32 said:

They kicked a team off in the first series, after a couple of legs.
    And probably would have done in the second series but for one couple dropping out.
  • Ah, right. I remember a team dropping out last time. Didn’t recall the “eviction” one though. The way the dad/daughter (not Ladi/Monique) are going, they’ll have run out of money 10 minutes in next week anyway!! 😉
  • Really enjoying the new Mandalorian series 
    Agreed. It's great
  • Champs85 said:
    Bit late to it but ‘This is Us’ on Disney. Only 2 episodes in but it seems completely engrossing. Can imagine it’s one of those shows that has all sorts of emotions 
    My wife and I watched all of this. There's plenty of stuff there throughout that teases you to want to continue with flashbacks etc. The final season 6 is just lovely. <3:)
  • So what did we think about episode two of Race Across The World (Canada).

OFound it hilarious when the trailer man turned up………yeah, he looked fine, let’s go home with him 😳🫣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
    When the two brothers passed two other travellers who were thumbing a lift and shot past, would you have stopped? I think I would. They are so near the beginning of the journey and close to the next checkpoint that not picking them up probably only gave them an hour or two lead and you never know when you need a favour later on. Also if you are wandering off somewhere to do a bit of kayaking you can't be too bothered about the odd hour or two. 
  • I'm not sure I would - it's a race, time carries over after checkpoints etc, and if the other couple couldn't get a lift at all they might end up having to use their money on an expensive cab, or accommodation too.

Although maybe for petrol money I would, do them a favour but claw some money back!
  • The Night Agent 10 part series on Netflix is decent, albeit a bit unbelievable at times
    Watched the first 2 episodes and thinking it's a bit shit. Anyone know if it's worth sticking with?

OFound it hilarious when the trailer man turned up………yeah, he looked fine, let’s go home with him 😳🫣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
    When the two brothers passed two other travellers who were thumbing a lift and shot past, would you have stopped? I think I would. They are so near the beginning of the journey and close to the next checkpoint that not picking them up probably only gave them an hour or two lead and you never know when you need a favour later on. Also if you are wandering off somewhere to do a bit of kayaking you can't be too bothered about the odd hour or two. 
    I did think that.
    Probably why I’d be no good in this type of thing as I couldn’t just drive by 🤷‍♀️

I would have picked them up, but got them to pay 💰, a double whammy, you getting extra cash and them spending.
  • Sponsored links:

• watched series 5 of 'Unforgotten', the first with a new female lead .. well written and superbly acted as usual, a top notch 'cops/whodunnit' drama that is a lot more than just that
    Has it finished yet?  Was waiting to be able to binge it.
    We binge watched it weeks ago as all episodes are available now despite it not having completed its scheduled run on the usual channel. No need to wait.

No chance. I would have turned round and run them over......less competition.
  • edited March 2023
    Thinking about RATW and whether they could have offered a lift, there's (at least) one cameraman/woman with each couple so I guess every lift etc is really a lift for 3, so 6 in a car wouldn't have been doable anyway.
  • Thinking about RATW and whether they could have offered a lift, there's (at least) one cameraman/woman with each couple so I guess every lift etc is really a lift for 3, so 6 in a car wouldn't have been doable anyway.
    Good point.
  • That Town Called Malice is shite but Eliza Butterworth is a weapon. Mad to think she was the kings wife in The Last Kingdom, she looked old in that.
  • Last nights episode of Mando was the worst episode yet in the show since it began. Really think this series has lost its way, there's no overarching storyline to tell at the minute and the show is suffering because of it.

The episode was really good the week before though to be fair.
  • Watched the second episode of Blue Lights this week, but found it similar to the first. Bleak, depressing, and slow moving. Wont be watching any more of them.
  • Enjoyed the newest ep of Race across the world Canada! Really not much of a fan of the Father and daughter duo. Not Ladi + Monique, the other pair. I find the Dad really obnoxious/annoying
  • IdleHans said:
    Watched the second episode of Blue Lights this week, but found it similar to the first. Bleak, depressing, and slow moving. Wont be watching any more of them.
    It gets better. Stick with it. It is depressing but I enjoyed it after a slow start. 
  • Enjoyed the newest ep of Race across the world Canada! Really not much of a fan of the Father and daughter duo. Not Ladi + Monique, the other pair. I find the Dad really obnoxious/annoying
    I’m with you on that.
     I’m trying really hard to find something endearing about either of them.
    It’s just not happening 🫣