Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New Tv series (REMEMBER: No Spoilers)

Comments

• Not new, but I've finally got around to watching Ghosts (BBC one rather than the US one) - really enjoying it.

So, for those who watch it, who's your favourite ghost?

Pat or Robin for me.
    Finished it now, a couple of the Christmas specials and the Mary episode were really touching.

Really good show.
  • Last of Us finale was a non event. Pony imo. Whole series has blown hot and cold.
    Yeah after that I'm not really sure what angle they were going for throughout the whole series. I enjoyed the back stories and the focus on the two main characters relationship development, but at the same time there was far too much unnecessary dialogue and filler episodes. could have been a 9/10 series but ended up a 7/10.
    Spot on. 
  • Not seen "the Playlist" (Netflix) mentioned. Really good six part Swedish drama about the creation of Spotify shown from different viewpoints (the founder, financier, musician, programmer, record company CEO, lawyer). 
  • I've just watched the 1st series of Mr Inbetween (Disney+). It's a dark comedy about an Aussie hitman. Very good so far.
  • I've just watched the 1st series of Mr Inbetween (Disney+). It's a dark comedy about an Aussie hitman. Very good so far.
    Its excellent and gets better, Ray sees the world wonderfully and I admire his morals 
  • edited March 2023
    Rise and Fall - made by the same producers as The Traitors. Looks interesting. Odd to see Jeff from 4 Rooms on there as a contestant. Am I the only one that recognised him as someone already known ‘off the telly’? 10pm on a school night is a bit late for me so will watch it daily on C4 catch-up.
  • Carter said:
    Sadly it is the usual Sky offering of style over substance shit. As per they have selected a load of middle class posho actors to play what should be a family of rough as arseholes South Londoners and the accents are excruciating. 

There is only so many ways to remake sexy beast or the business into a series and this is absolutely not it. 

If you like shit acting, worse dialogue but will forgive all of that for nostalgic 80s clothing and songs then this is for you. 

This isn't the first time Sky have farted out something like this and it will probably get a second series. 
    Wish i had seen the reviews on here, i've been watching it and a few episodes in it really is horrific. It drew me in as a remake / series of the business but the acting is horrific and the storyline and everything just shocking
  • Just finished watching Better (5 part series) well worth watching.
    Agree. It's pretty good.
  • Just finished watching  all 4 series of Babylon Berlin.
    Great plots and top acting from the 2 main  characters 
    SO pleased you liked it too ! 
  • Sponsored links:

SO pleased you liked it too ! 
    Yep, hope there are more to come.
    So in love with Lotte.
  • Town Called Malice is good for the music but some of the acting is dreadful, particularly the mum and dad of the family

Excessive use of the word cannister and do Millwalls finest really call Bermondsey Bermo 😂
  • Just finished the latest series of The Bay.

Thought it was crap
  • Jints said:
    Not seen "the Playlist" (Netflix) mentioned. Really good six part Swedish drama about the creation of Spotify shown from different viewpoints (the founder, financier, musician, programmer, record company CEO, lawyer). 
    Definitely agree. Reminds me I should get the book it was based on.
  • Just discovered The Cockfields on BBC iPlayer, it having been previously shown on some relatively obscure channel.  Good cast including Sue Johnson and Joe Wilkinson (one of the co-writers).  You'll recognise him when you see him even if the name means very little.    Set on the Isle of Wight, there are some pretty glaring geographicall inaccuracies such as pointing at the sea from Compton and suggesting that its the Solent (It's the English Channel actually - the Solent is the bit that separates the Island from the mainland) and "just popping in to Ventnor" from Totland which is about as far apart as you can get on here!  Anyhoo. pedantry aside, I tried very hard to hate this cliche-riddled little family anxst number but it is growing on me and I've actually laughed out loud a couple of times.  It's in the "This Country" and "Detectorists" genre without being quite as good or original as either.  I've just about finished the three episode season 1 recorded in 2019 and am about to try the rather longer second series recorded in 2021 when Bobby Ball will miraculously turn into Gregor Fisher given the former's sad passing between series (always an awkward one for producers!).  Stick with it.  It's intentionally cringeworthy.
  • Just discovered The Cockfields on BBC iPlayer, it having been previously shown on some relatively obscure channel.  Good cast including Sue Johnson and Joe Wilkinson (one of the co-writers).  You'll recognise him when you see him even if the name means very little.    Set on the Isle of Wight, there are some pretty glaring geographicall inaccuracies such as pointing at the sea from Compton and suggesting that its the Solent (It's the English Channel actually - the Solent is the bit that separates the Island from the mainland) and "just popping in to Ventnor" from Totland which is about as far apart as you can get on here!  Anyhoo. pedantry aside, I tried very hard to hate this cliche-riddled little family anxst number but it is growing on me and I've actually laughed out loud a couple of times.  It's in the "This Country" and "Detectorists" genre without being quite as good or original as either.  I've just about finished the three episode season 1 recorded in 2019 and am about to try the rather longer second series recorded in 2021 when Bobby Ball will miraculously turn into Gregor Fisher given the former's sad passing between series (always an awkward one for producers!).  Stick with it.  It's intentionally cringeworthy.
    I enjoyed this when it was shown on Gold. I think there are two series and a Xmas special. 
  • The Last of Us: just binge watched the first 4 episodes. It started off at a good pace but seems somewhat slow atm. Hoping for more action going forward. Not convinced by the actor playing Kathleen as she doesn’t seem well cast. 
  • Wilma said:
    Just discovered The Cockfields on BBC iPlayer, it having been previously shown on some relatively obscure channel.  Good cast including Sue Johnson and Joe Wilkinson (one of the co-writers).  You'll recognise him when you see him even if the name means very little.    Set on the Isle of Wight, there are some pretty glaring geographicall inaccuracies such as pointing at the sea from Compton and suggesting that its the Solent (It's the English Channel actually - the Solent is the bit that separates the Island from the mainland) and "just popping in to Ventnor" from Totland which is about as far apart as you can get on here!  Anyhoo. pedantry aside, I tried very hard to hate this cliche-riddled little family anxst number but it is growing on me and I've actually laughed out loud a couple of times.  It's in the "This Country" and "Detectorists" genre without being quite as good or original as either.  I've just about finished the three episode season 1 recorded in 2019 and am about to try the rather longer second series recorded in 2021 when Bobby Ball will miraculously turn into Gregor Fisher given the former's sad passing between series (always an awkward one for producers!).  Stick with it.  It's intentionally cringeworthy.
    I enjoyed this when it was shown on Gold. I think there are two series and a Xmas special. 
    Rather disappointingly I am in fact not about to watch season 2 as it’s only season 1 that’s been released on iplayer. Very frustrating when they do this!
  • Wilma said:
    Just discovered The Cockfields on BBC iPlayer, it having been previously shown on some relatively obscure channel.  Good cast including Sue Johnson and Joe Wilkinson (one of the co-writers).  You'll recognise him when you see him even if the name means very little.    Set on the Isle of Wight, there are some pretty glaring geographicall inaccuracies such as pointing at the sea from Compton and suggesting that its the Solent (It's the English Channel actually - the Solent is the bit that separates the Island from the mainland) and "just popping in to Ventnor" from Totland which is about as far apart as you can get on here!  Anyhoo. pedantry aside, I tried very hard to hate this cliche-riddled little family anxst number but it is growing on me and I've actually laughed out loud a couple of times.  It's in the "This Country" and "Detectorists" genre without being quite as good or original as either.  I've just about finished the three episode season 1 recorded in 2019 and am about to try the rather longer second series recorded in 2021 when Bobby Ball will miraculously turn into Gregor Fisher given the former's sad passing between series (always an awkward one for producers!).  Stick with it.  It's intentionally cringeworthy.
    Rather disappointingly I am in fact not about to watch season 2 as it’s only season 1 that’s been released on iplayer. Very frustrating when they do this!
    They will likely repeat it at some point on Gold so keep your eyes peeled.
  • Sponsored links:

• meldrew66 said:
    The Last of Us: just binge watched the first 4 episodes. It started off at a good pace but seems somewhat slow atm. Hoping for more action going forward. Not convinced by the actor playing Kathleen as she doesn’t seem well cast. 
    Don’t hold your breath, the action and excitement is very thin on the ground 
  • So what did we think of the first episode of Race Across the World, sorry Canada?
     I’m loving Ladi already, what a guy!
  • So what did we think of the first episode of Race Across the World, sorry Canada?
    Didn't realise this was out, will definitely watch tonight!
    Thought it was great, stunning scenery.

A bit of a shame it's all one country, but I understand that's probably a Covid thing and couldn't be helped, and at least it means it's a different place to the last two series.

Ladi seemed a really nice guy, Zainib too.
    Enjoyed it, great show, stunning scenery and plenty of sub plots.
    The sort of show I never want to like but actually I did. None of the competitors is a massive arsehole, the scenery is undeniably amazing, and the relationships between some of the couples have been stressed already. Looking forward to next week's.
  • meldrew66 said:
    The Last of Us: just binge watched the first 4 episodes. It started off at a good pace but seems somewhat slow atm. Hoping for more action going forward. Not convinced by the actor playing Kathleen as she doesn’t seem well cast. 
    Don’t hold your breath, the action and excitement is very thin on the ground 
    Just finished The Last of Us. Overall, glad I watched it. I actually preferred it to The Walking Dead which I felt really got boring after the first few series. Bit slow throughout but made up for by the episodes where we got to know the characters in flashbacks. Definitely left open for further series. 
    Really like this show. Recommended it to my sister and she and her family are hooked now after watching this new one the other night.  She’s going back for the first two series now.  

Only seen the first episode, but the scenery is absolutely stunning and it seems like a really good group they’ve got on taking part, Ladi in particular. He’s got exactly the right attitude, helping people, paying it forward and setting a brilliant example for his daughter.