Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New Tv series (REMEMBER: No Spoilers)

Comments

• Gold: Anyone else finding the acting wooden? Great story, struggling with the production. 
  • meldrew66 said:
    Gold: Anyone else finding the acting wooden? Great story, struggling with the production. 
    Yes I am, some of the acting is far from convincing
  • Last Of Us feels like it’s going off the boil. 
    Ep 6 felt like a filler, and more like the later Walking Dead stuff. 
    LoU has been commissioned for a second season so perhaps they’re padded out the story.

• Valley11 said:
    Last Of Us feels like it’s going off the boil. 
    LoU has been commissioned for a second season so perhaps they’re padded out the story.

I couldn't disagree more
  • Valley11 said:

I couldn't disagree more
    I’m with you there. I think it’s brilliant!
  • Danepak said:
    Valley11 said:

I couldn't disagree more
    I would say brilliant is over doing it, it won’t win any awards. I am on episode 4 and would say the first three episodes have been an okay watch. Episode two was very slow with just the three of them walking across Boston. Had they not entered the library, which I have no idea why they did it would have been a snooze fest 
  • JiMMy 85 said:
    I started watching The Gold last night and I really like it, but I can't help but feel Noye is being romanticised as an anti-hero. I'd be very interested to know what people on here make of it, particularly as I'd imagine some of you are more familiar with him/ his history than most. 
    I was going to watch it. But not anything that romanticises that ***t 
    I watched the first episode last night. I didn't realise that it portrayed the real life characters when I started watching. As I have met John Fordham's son many years ago (he was in the navy with a mate) I had to separate the drama from the reality, so I know what you mean.      
  • Exactly how I felt about Detectorists, gave it a go and like you say, warmed to it straight away without laughing out loud. Did all episodes over a month or so and did end up laughing quite a lot as well as getting attached to characters too. Really cleverly written and without shouting loud or being controversial or offensive i really think it is an underrated gem.
    Superb piece of TV - beautifully written and one of my favourite comedies. It is very gentle and that is part of its charm.
    It's the fictional equivalent of Whitehouse and Mortimer, induces very similar feelings of a comfy night in. We did series one in one go last Saturday night and will do series two this weekend, I'm sure. So much better than the sewage that the BBC pumps out on a Saturday evening.
  • Sponsored links:

• Not sure where to put this review as I suppose it’s technically a film (listed as such on Amazon Prime so I’ll copy this into the film thread too) but it’s just the latest in the long line of Alan Partridge shows. “Stratagem” his live stage show  recorded at the O2 last year. Frankly there are no words to describe how pitifully awful this is. If I had been fit to travel I would have bought a ticket for this as I previously adored Partridge so I suppose there is some perverse saving grace there. Truly truly awful.  From the opening scene you get the feeling that something is off. The character’s superbly judged ironic cringeworthyness is the central point of Partridge but this is just plain cringeworthy. I honestly can’t describe how bad it is. That’s not a recommendation that you should watch yourself to find out by the way.  Time to put the old chap down (as Alan himself may have said innocently). 
  • Just saw news that Succession will end with season four :'( which starts next month.

Well, guess it's just better for a show to end while it still is good. Hopefully we'll get to see a satisfying end to this wonderful show.
  • Re. the last of us - there's a guy on youtube doing comparison videos to the game for anyone that might be interested. I've played the game a couple of times but not for a while so was interesting to see the differences. The game voice acting is second to none in my opinion and feels more authentic than the show, though I'm still enjoying it. 

https://youtu.be/4Y1bB7L84kU

• Jessie said:
    Just saw news that Succession will end with season four :'( which starts next month.

Well, guess it's just better for a show to end while it still is good. Hopefully we'll get to see a satisfying end to this wonderful show.
    I just finished watching Atlanta, which also ended after four seasons and was really top tier, ending on the right note. Previous to that I finished Ozark which had an awful ending after four seasons. I have faith that Succession will be more like the former than the latter.
  • edited February 2023
    Not sure where to put this review as I suppose it’s technically a film (listed as such on Amazon Prime so I’ll copy this into the film thread too) but it’s just the latest in the long line of Alan Partridge shows. “Stratagem” his live stage show  recorded at the O2 last year. Frankly there are no words to describe how pitifully awful this is. If I had been fit to travel I would have bought a ticket for this as I previously adored Partridge so I suppose there is some perverse saving grace there. Truly truly awful.  From the opening scene you get the feeling that something is off. The character’s superbly judged ironic cringeworthyness is the central point of Partridge but this is just plain cringeworthy. I honestly can’t describe how bad it is. That’s not a recommendation that you should watch yourself to find out by the way.  Time to put the old chap down (as Alan himself may have said innocently). 
    Agreed, me & my mates went to see this at the O2 last year. They said it was ok, but I thought it was shockingly unfunny & totally boring. Absolute crap & I'm a fan.
    I was asleep for most of the first half, if you listen closely you may hear me snoring.
  • Not going anywhere near Gold.
    Noye is a complete CU*T
    Just watching it to see his downfall
  • Had never watched Happy Valley until 10-14 days ago. I am going into the third and last season tonight. What a show! Should have named it ‘Halifax’ a shit hole, you ought to stay home…’ mind. Appreciate it is fiction, but I have no desire to ever go near that place now.
  • edited February 2023
    Danepak said:
    Valley11 said:

I couldn't disagree more
    I would say brilliant is over doing it, it won’t win any awards. I am on episode 4 and would say the first three episodes have been an okay watch. Episode two was very slow with just the three of them walking across Boston. Had they not entered the library, which I have no idea why they did it would have been a snooze fest 

Fair enough if you just find it OK. Would be a boring world if we all loved the same stuff.

But IMDB users have given it a rating of 9.2, so I’m not the only one who finds it brilliant.

• Just just finished Physical 100 on Netflix. 
    Thoroughly enjoyed it, a refreshing take on a reality tv show. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Haven't seen anyone mention the new season of Star Trek Picard. I thought this forum was full of anoraks/nerds?
  • Watched the first two on Friday night and took me half an hour to recognise Beverley Crusher, she's had more work done than most aliens on Star Trek!! Enjoyed it but has potential to be Last of the Summer Wine with all the octogenarians!
  • Talal said:
    Re. the last of us - there's a guy on youtube doing comparison videos to the game for anyone that might be interested. I've played the game a couple of times but not for a while so was interesting to see the differences. The game voice acting is second to none in my opinion and feels more authentic than the show, though I'm still enjoying it. 

My God! They're almost the same. The video game is so realistic - NB. I haven't played anything but FIFA since the early nineties.

What I don't understand is if the game is so scripted, what does the player actually do? I suppose you shoot guns but what about scenes like giving a present on the sofa?
  • edited February 2023
    Watched the first two on Friday night and took me half an hour to recognise Beverley Crusher, she's had more work done than most aliens on Star Trek!! Enjoyed it but has potential to be Last of the Summer Wine with all the octogenarians!

Last of the Chateau Picard Wine?
  • Just finished season four of Fauda on Netflix and it did not disappoint. Hoping season five is not far away 
  • Finished Physical 100, Clarksons Farm and Full Swing over the last week or so. All completely different obviously but all very enjoyable. 

Now started Triptych, a new Mexican series on Netflix. 
  • Better was very good
  • Talal said:
    Re. the last of us - there's a guy on youtube doing comparison videos to the game for anyone that might be interested. I've played the game a couple of times but not for a while so was interesting to see the differences. The game voice acting is second to none in my opinion and feels more authentic than the show, though I'm still enjoying it. 

My God! They're almost the same. The video game is so realistic - NB. I haven't played anything but FIFA since the early nineties.

What I don't understand is if the game is so scripted, what does the player actually do? I suppose you shoot guns but what about scenes like giving a present on the sofa?
    There are far more infected in the game that you have to deal with, not just guns but plenty of stealth. My memory isn't great on it but think there are other playable areas that are about bonding between Joel and Ellie. Plenty of cut scenes like the present scene that tell the story. 
  • edited February 2023
    Unforgotten is back tonight, ITV1 at 9pm.