Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New Tv series (REMEMBER: No Spoilers)

Comments

• Jessie said:
    Finally took out an HBO sub, mainly to try Succession and find out what all the fuss is about.

I’ m currently up to S1/E5. It‘s brilliant in many ways but my main problem is that every single major character is either a c**t, or embarassingly useless, and in dire need of humane termination.

Is that how it is, for 4 series? Absolutely no one you ever get to like or even have some fleeting sympathy for? That’s a lot of TV to get through…
    I did for Kendall but that was before I got to season 3. You are absolutely right, none of the characters are likeable. I saw a comment saying that that was the reason why some people just couldn't get into this series. There's no one to root for😂 But I suppose that's the reality although slightly exaggerated. The super rich people at the very top are not likeable easygoing people but who only care about their own interests and sometimes even despicable.
    Greg! 
  • 2 EPs in and liking the diplomat on Netflix 
  • Whilst I was over in Blighty my Sister got me to watch Grace & Frankie.
    Oh my days, I love it (I realise I’m very late to the party).
  • Currently watching Our Friends In The North, never watched it first time around, really enjoying it.
    Now watched all 9 episodes, excellent watching.
  • Inside No 9 returns tonight.
  • The Diplomat. Finished the first season. Very enjoyable with some fine acting. Looking forward to season two. 
    6.5/10
  • Watched the first couple of episodes of the new series of The Curse. Good start. Tom Davies is as funny as he was in the first season.

• Started to watch Yellowjackets, couple of episodes in and quite good. Juliette Lewis sadly isn't aging well...

Also trying out School Spirits, nothing new really but liked the first episode so will continue to give it a go. 
  • Picard

Season one... ok-ish
    Season two......absolute twaddle-fest
    Season three...was promising but became farcical with the introduction of more and more of the old crew... one last pay day sums it up.

Hated the Raffi Musiker character and 7 of 9 fashionably gay pfft.

Very disappointed as I loved the Next Generation series back in the day. 
  • Colin from accounts is very good
    I've seen the first 3 episodes now & it's really amusing/funny.
    Finished watching Colin from accounts - very funny and well written. Some great characters and clever observations about modern life.
  • Sponsored links:

• Colin from accounts is very good
    I've seen the first 3 episodes now & it's really amusing/funny.
    Finished watching Colin from accounts - very funny and well written. Some great characters and clever observations about modern life.
    I finished watching it yesterday. Loved it!
    And Ashley (Harriet Dyer) is rather fit.
  • Finally finished the latest series of the Mandalorian.
    Loved it, set up nicely for more to come.
    Happy days 😎
  • Hope they do another series of 'Blue Lights.'
  • Magpie Murders .. always enjoy a (semi) mass murder serial set in a bucolic English village  :)
  • edited May 2023
    Got on board Ted Lasso the last few days - Apple TV / Firestick
    Fantastic, really good and highly recommend for those who haven't taken the plunge yet, its a comedy but don't take too serious. Already half way through season 2
  • Enjoyed Blue Lights although nobody appeared to notice that several boxes of AK47s had been successfully shifted off south during all the confusion of 'Peelers' chasing Sneaky Beakies. I note that a second series is in the pipeline. Might be more of a challenge to keep the audience's attention given the most interesting characters - Jerry, Jen the reluctant cop and that big brooding baddie with the beard and eyebrows - won't be involved.
  • Enjoyed Blue Lights although nobody appeared to notice that several boxes of AK47s had been successfully shifted off south during all the confusion of 'Peelers' chasing Sneaky Beakies. I note that a second series is in the pipeline. Might be more of a challenge to keep the audience's attention given the most interesting characters - Jerry, Jen the reluctant cop and that big brooding baddie with the beard and eyebrows - won't be involved.
    Loved the character of Gerry.
  • I enjoyed Blue Lights but some of the acting was well clunky (everyone's a critic I know) but also had some class performances especially from Richard Dormer and the guy who is doing my head in as I have seen him in a few things but can't remember what, who played the very bad guy.

Not to mention the bloke who has also been in tons of stuff that looked like Eric Cantona, he was excellent 
  • Sponsored links:

• RATW!
    Flipping magic!
    By the end I really didn’t mind who won.
    But when the winners opened that book & realised it was them……..oh my days, I was delighted for them!
    Great series considering the covid issues 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
    Pleased there's another series this year too.

Not fussed by it being a celebrity series, but just glad there's another one and not a long wait!  Think the trailer said across 21 countries too which sounds good.
  • All very contrived at the end. I reckon some of those giving 400+ mile lifts were handsomely paid to do it by the producers. The two women were out of it after taking the shorter ferry. 
  • Watching "The Offer" on Paramount. It's the story behind all the issues the company had whilst trying to get "The Godfather" film made. Sinatra seems like some sort of evil vain twat if this account is even vaguely credible, which I assume it is otherwise why would Paramount be showing... they were part of the Gulf Western Group who made the film. 

7/10 so far. 
  • RATW!
    Flipping magic!
    By the end I really didn’t mind who won.
    But when the winners opened that book & realised it was them……..oh my days, I was delighted for them!
    Great series considering the covid issues 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
    An enjoyable series in which I found myself warming to all the competitors as it went along. Like you, didnt mind too much who won, it was about more than the prize money. Pleased with the outcome however.
    I wonder about the amount of manipulation by the production team to increase the excitement, but a lot of it achieved by careful editing I think. The after show show last night was also very good.

• edited May 2023
    You might want to edit that BB. 
  • edited May 2023
    Very late to the party but have been enjoying Yellowstone (and its spin offs) the last few weeks... Some impausible story lines and continuation 'fails' (snow one minute, summer the next; being shot one day, up and riding a horse at full pelt the next etc etc), but it has passed the hours and made me want to visit Montana (preferably on my bicycle..)
  • I don't know about this episode of RATW, but the cannabis woman in the episode before definitely felt like a plant (excuse the pun).
  • I don't know about this episode of RATW, but the cannabis woman in the episode before definitely felt like a plant (excuse the pun).
    There are plenty of unanswered questions in most episodes...
    There are plenty of unanswered questions in most episodes...
    I put it down to the Covid issue.
    Be interesting to see if it goes back to how it was at the very start.
    I’m still not sure about a celebrity version. Mind you, I probably won’t know them anyway 🤷‍♀️🤣🤣