Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New Tv series (REMEMBER: No Spoilers)

Comments

• Options
    Another series of Extraordinary Escapes with Sandi Toksvig starts tonight on Channel 4 @ 9pm.
    I’ve really enjoyed these series.
    Shes in Eire tonight with Eddie Izzard.
    I’ll record it as I will be watching the Irons 🤣🤣
  • Options
    New season of Its Always Sunny in Philadelphia has started. First two episodes as ridiculous and funny as ever.
  • Options
    McBobbin said:
    Steeltown Murders on BBC was good. As it was in the news a bit recently I knew the outcome which took something away from it, but it was well made and acted.
    Watched the documentary on this the other night, a follow up to the dramatisation. Not sure it added all that much given the latter was so accurate in terms of events and characterisation, but interesting nonetheless.
  • Options
    Just wondered how many people have seen and like entourage? Doesn't seem like too many have seen it over here. But it's utterly brilliant 
    Entourage is excellent.
  • Options
    Another series of Extraordinary Escapes with Sandi Toksvig starts tonight on Channel 4 @ 9pm.
    I’ve really enjoyed these series.
    Shes in Eire tonight with Eddie Izzard.
    I’ll record it as I will be watching the Irons 🤣🤣

There’s a joke in there somewhere. 
  • Options
    Started watching Tour de France: Unchained on Netflix today.

Its the Cycling version of Drive to Survive yet only covers the TdF starting from last year - Pretty much the same format as DTS, so worth the watch if that is your thing. 
  • Options
    I’m enjoying The Gallows Pole , some great and funny script writing and good acting, alongside some heavy and dark scenes . I loved hearing a song by Michael Clarke, son of Gavin Clarke one of the most underrated vocalists formally with Sunhouse and then Clayhill.
  • Options
    Shrew said:
    I’m enjoying The Gallows Pole , some great and funny script writing and good acting, alongside some heavy and dark scenes . I loved hearing a song by Michael Clarke, son of Gavin Clarke one of the most underrated vocalists formally with Sunhouse and then Clayhill.
    Thought it picked up and was very entertaining, first episode was a bit cack
  • Options
    Just want to thank whoever mentioned Fauda on here. Wouldn’t have sought it out but absolutely loved it. Glad to hear they’ll be a season 5 later this year. 
    Just wondered how many people have seen and like entourage? Doesn't seem like too many have seen it over here. But it's utterly brilliant 
    Entourage is excellent.
    Entourage is excellent.
    It is. Second behind the sopranos for me. Check out victory the podcast. It has doug ellin the creator as well as Kevin's connelly and Dillion.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    anyone watching the Alan Carr comedy Changing Ends on ITVX? 

2 episodes in and really enjoying it. The kid playing him is brilliant
  • Options
    So currently well into the first series of 'From' and I love it.
    It's from the producers of Lost , it stars Harold Perrineau who played Michael Dawson in it.
    The basic premise is people find themselves stumbling into a strange town and once they're in they cannot leave. They have to be indoors everyday before nightfall as when the sun goes down scary people start knocking on their doors pretending to be someone they know. Those that do let them in come to some very grizzly ends!

I think people who loved Lost will really like it as it has that shrouded in mystery feel about it but with a much creepier edge.
  • Options
    anyone watching the Alan Carr comedy Changing Ends on ITVX? 

2 episodes in and really enjoying it. The kid playing him is brilliant
    Started this last night and really enjoying it. Agree with you about the young Alan Carr actor, he's really good. 
  • Options
    4 episodes into the Peripheral. Made by the Westworld team, it’s visually great and has definitely kept me interested. Hopefully doesn’t tail off. 
  • Options
    Just want to thank whoever mentioned Fauda on here. Wouldn’t have sought it out but absolutely loved it. Glad to hear they’ll be a season 5 later this year. 
    One of our favourite series !

Glad you enjoyed it, AFKA.
  • Options
    IdleHans said:
    McBobbin said:
    Steeltown Murders on BBC was good. As it was in the news a bit recently I knew the outcome which took something away from it, but it was well made and acted.
    Watched the documentary on this the other night, a follow up to the dramatisation. Not sure it added all that much given the latter was so accurate in terms of events and characterisation, but interesting nonetheless.
    Done the same, agree it showed what a good job was done on the 4 part series.
  • Options
    just binged second series of Perry Mason (Sky Atlantic), really enjoyed it.
  • Options
    4 episodes into the Peripheral. Made by the Westworld team, it’s visually great and has definitely kept me interested. Hopefully doesn’t tail off. 
    I think there is a wee tail off just after the middle so I gave it a little pause then went back to it to finish. 
    Overall I enjoyed it but I think for a second series there would need to be an improvement
  • Options
    Finished watching Once Upon A Time In Northern Ireland last night.....a very good watch.
    The unvarnished eye witness first person testimony is startling stuff
    Once committed sectarian criminals now massively conflicted by their pasts if undimmed in their own wishes for the island's future
    Interesting that some of the eye witnesses who didn't 'get their hands dirty' still hold fast to their entrenched views/prejudices of what they see as 'the other side'
    For anybody under about 45 with no immediate familial connection to the province the fact that all happened in UK so recently must be hard to comprehend 
  • Options
    just binged second series of Perry Mason (Sky Atlantic), really enjoyed it.
    I'm on episode 4. I saw the news the other day that it's been cancelled. It's strange that HBO spent a lot of money on the production of this series yet did almost zero promotion and as a result not many people knew about it and it gets cancelled. It's such a shame.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    New season of Its Always Sunny in Philadelphia has started. First two episodes as ridiculous and funny as ever.
    Where did you watch those two new episodes, mate?
  • Options
    hawksmoor said:
    Where did you watch those two new episodes, mate?
    IPTV under ‘series’.
  • Options
    Feeling very uninspired with TV at the moment. Lots of fluff out there, want something to get stuck into.

Anyone seen the silo on Apple TV? Looks interesting 
  • Options
    Anyone watched Whitehouse Plumbers? About the Watergate Scandal. From the same team who did Veep.

Trailers look pretty good. Wondering if it is worth a watch.
  • Options
    Anyone watched Whitehouse Plumbers? About the Watergate Scandal. From the same team who did Veep.

Trailers look pretty good. Wondering if it is worth a watch.
    I finished it earlier this month. Thought it was quite good initially but then when I started to watch Gaslit about Watergate from another perspective (starring Julia Roberts, Sean Penn and Dan Stevens) I thought White House Plumbers just paled in comparison. Still very worth a watch.
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    Succession: I'm 6 episodes in and I am just not getting it. I loved Breaking Bad and everyone keep saying that Succession betters that so I'm unsure why I'm struggling. Matthew McFadyen and the Shiv character aside, I'm finding the character weak and the plotline/acting weak. I really want to like it. Does it speed up and improve or am i fighting a losing battle here?
  • Options
    meldrew66 said:
    Succession: I'm 6 episodes in and I am just not getting it. I loved Breaking Bad and everyone keep saying that Succession betters that so I'm unsure why I'm struggling. Matthew McFadyen and the Shiv character aside, I'm finding the character weak and the plotline/acting weak. I really want to like it. Does it speed up and improve or am i fighting a losing battle here?
    Stop comparing it to breaking bad, the programmes are a light year apart. Think of it as a more serious The Thick Of It but even that is stretching it. Succession explodes at the end of the first series 
  • Options
    I dunno. I loved it from the very first scene. If you don't feel it then maybe it's not for you. That said the final two episodes of the first series are superb
  • Options
    Jints said:
    I dunno. I loved it from the very first scene. If you don't feel it then maybe it's not for you. That said the final two episodes of the first series are superb
    I agree. I don't think the series "speeds up or improves". It's consistently paced throughout the four seasons with basically the same vibe. If you are already more than half way through series one and still not very into it, perhaps it's time to move on. Personally I got hooked right from the very first episode and thought the performances from the whole cast were superb. But I can understand why it's not for everyone.