Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New Tv series (REMEMBER: No Spoilers)

Comments

• Just caught the hour special There She Goes. People have commented about Michael Sheen and Sharon Hogan in the recent Best Interests, but Michael's mate David Tennant and Jessica Hayes have been brilliant in two series and now this one hour catch up on a family living with extreme disability. Jessica Hayes in particular gives a wonderful performance of a loving mother being slowly worn down by the 24 hour demands of caring for a child who is now growing into her teenage years and whose needs are becoming more difficult to manage day by day. This sounds bleak, but there are many lightly comic scenes enriched by the supporting characters - family, neighbours, support workers etc - and the underlying, deeply held love of the parents and brother for their special daughter/sister. 
  • Wonders of the World I Can't See (channel 4) - comedian Chris McCausland visiting places around the world with another comedian explaining what things look like. I've only watched the first episode with Harry Hill but it was really good. I like Chris's humour and it was great seeing Harry struggling at times to remember that Chris can't see, such as miming how he saw a dolphin jump out of the ocean only for Chris to remind him that he's blind. Looking forward to watching more. 
  • Hijack on Apple. Elba being Elba. Very watchable. Only two episodes available so I’m gonna wait now till all seven are there before binging. A week between episodes kinda spoils the tension. 
  • We're really enjoying the Tour documentary on Netflix. Really interesting behind the scenes stuff and, bit weirdly, particularly liking the coverage of what's going on inside the team cars during the race. 
  • McBobbin said:
    Finally caught up with the last episode of inside no. 9. Jesus! Back to form this series I'd say
    personally didn't really like this season - and i'm a huge fan.
  • McBobbin said:
    Finally caught up with the last episode of inside no. 9. Jesus! Back to form this series I'd say
    personally didn't really like this season - and i'm a huge fan

Thought it was better than last series which was very inconsistent 
  • McBobbin said:
    I think the final episode “The Last Weekend” is up there as one of the best episodes of all.
  • Started watching Succession. Two episodes in and pretty disappointed so far. Will stick with it as no doubt it gets better, but given how much positive comments it gets I’m a little surprised how I’ve not warmed to it 2hrs in, 
    We've started watching it recently. Like you, wasn't sure at first but have really got into it. One episode away from finishing series 2.
  • anyone watching the Alan Carr comedy Changing Ends on ITVX? 

2 episodes in and really enjoying it. The kid playing him is brilliant
    Really enjoying this, 5 episodes in.  Some great lines in it, and agreed that the kid playing him did a great job - could have been camp caricature but he avoided it well.

Reminds me a lot of Young Sheldon - kid growing up in the late 80s, doesn't fit in, Dad's a sports coach etc.
  • Hijack on Apple. Elba being Elba. Very watchable. Only two episodes available so I’m gonna wait now till all seven are there before binging. A week between episodes kinda spoils the tension
    It does. My mum told me when I got home from work yesterday that she found a new series and loved it. It turned out to be this one. I remember it was the same with Slow Horses regarding schedule (the first two episodes were released altogether and then one episode a week for the rest) which is also an Apple production. Needless to say my mum was disappointed when I told her that she had to wait for the rest of it every week!😆
  • Sponsored links:

• For fellow entourage fans. Doug Ellin the creator of the show acknowledged our recent signing video as they used elements of the show.
  • Glovepup said:
    Enjoying Silo on Apple TV. 
     Just started this. Very good so far. 4 episodes in.
  • Just watched the mini documentary, Arnold, about Shwarzenegger. He was a body builder which I have zero interest in. His films were a mix although Terminstor was an amazing film, as were the sequels. And then he became a Republican governor of California, which politically isn't me at all. But he'll,bee's had a fascinating life. And he comes across as a genuine likeable guy. The part about his time as governor was particularly interesting. He tried to work with both parties, and achieved some real advantages, including a drive towards green ecological activity, well ahead of thevredt of the world. Imagine most of the current mob with the likes of Trump or Sunsk/Truss/Johnson doing that for the common good. Well earth a watch.
  • Slow to find it but Mission on Netflix is very good.
  • edited July 2023
    Deadloch- on Prime
     An Australian cop comedy drama, I’ve watched a couple of episodes, filled with LOL moments from the crude humour.
  • The second series of Lincoln Lawyer arrived last week on Netflix. I would strongly recommend. Excellent casting and story lines. Only 5 episodes per series.
  • The second series of Lincoln Lawyer arrived last week on Netflix. I would strongly recommend. Excellent casting and story lines. Only 5 episodes per series.
    Thanks, bb.

Haven't watched the 1st series yet but reading the book at present & enjoying it.
  • If you like the LL then your like Bosch which is brilliant too. It's a shame we will never see them together as their half brothers in the books. But enjoy FF. 
  • If you like the LL then your like Bosch which is brilliant too. It's a shame we will never see them together as their half brothers in the books. But enjoy FF. 
    Yes Bosch is excellent too.
  • Sponsored links:

Yes Bosch is excellent too.
    Thanks for the heads up, guys.

I need to find a "new" author/series of books.
    Watching series 2 now...Not blown away & wish I hadn't read the book first.

BUT, does anyone see a likeness in the LL himself ( when he's looking stern/serious)  to a certain Charlton manager ?
  • Been enjoying Silo. Few twists so far that I was not expecting. Fallout vibes
  • Think both are good but for me Bosch was the superior program 
  • Think both are good but for me Bosch was the superior program 
    Thought it died out massively towards the end tho 
  • Penultimate episode of the last series of Mayans MC 

Hell of a lot is going to have to be squeezed into the last ever episode, if I'm honest this series and the last promised so, so much and could have completely overshadowed sons of anarchy. Instead it's had some really good moments but sooooo much filler and staring into the distance. 

Some more cameos from sons of anarchy again including 1 really good one in this last episode but if I'm honest they've been a cheap trick to salvage something 
  • Started watching Succession. Two episodes in and pretty disappointed so far. Will stick with it as no doubt it gets better, but given how much positive comments it gets I’m a little surprised how I’ve not warmed to it 2hrs in, 
    So a spell off ill has seen me fast track through the first 2 series. I’m invested now and enjoying it. Not the greatest boxset drama I’ve watched but getting better as it progresses. Looking forward to series 3 (no spoilers) 
    So a spell off ill has seen me fast track through the first 2 series. I’m invested now and enjoying it. Not the greatest boxset drama I’ve watched but getting better as it progresses. Looking forward to series 3 (no spoilers) 
    Hope you are feeling better soon boss.
    Glad you are enjoying it. It probably isn't the best show to binge because it gets a bit repetitive in some aspects in season 2 and 3 but it's worth it. Season 3 is amazing and you definitely need to avoid any spoilers. Hope you get well soon.
  • NOT a series, a one off .. Florence Nightingale bio on iPlayer .. what the  BBC  excels at, quality TV