Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New Tv series (REMEMBER: No Spoilers)

Comments

• Just catching up on The Bear.

I’m not a big TV series person but absolutely loving it so far (couple of episodes into Series 2). Pleased to read comments that hint at it only getting better.
  • Just catching up on The Bear.

I’m not a big TV series person but absolutely loving it so far (couple of episodes into Series 2). Pleased to read comments that hint at it only getting better.
    Series 2, episode 6 is one of the most intense and best episodes of a show since The Sopranos.  Great series and I hope there is more to come. 
  • Just started watching Irvine Welsh's Crime.
    I just watched the new series but didn’t realise it was actually series 2 until half way through 😫
  • MrOneLung said:
    Special Ops: Lioness was watchable on Amazon

Thandie Newton, Nicole Kidman
    Finished this last night and it was OK. Could have been better. Found the lead woman a really annoying character and completely unbelievable as an elite soldier.
    Scots lingo is tough going at times but amazing story lines; horror mixed with genuinely funny clips. Main character, Lennox, is well written/played. i gather he has won awards for this CRIME role.
    Scots lingo is tough going at times but amazing story lines; horror mixed with genuinely funny clips. Main character, Lennox, is well written/played. i gather he has won awards for this CRIME role.
    Really? You sound like Americans that have to have subtitles for Eastenders! It's set in Edinburgh, so hardly Buckie or parts of Glasgow!
  • Brassic back today. Watched 3 episodes tonight. I really like Brassic.
  • Is it OK to go straight to the Manifest conclusion in series 4, episode 20?

Only I saw the first couple of episodes in series 1 ages ago and thought it was a bit dragged out.  I'm really glad I didn't bother with the other 59 episodes.
  • Just caught up on the last three episodes of Gone Fishing.
    @Weegie Addick were they in Burgh Island with you?
    I love Ted so much ♥️
  • Sponsored links:

• Just caught up on the last three episodes of Gone Fishing.
    @Weegie Addick were they in Burgh Island with you?
    I love Ted so much ♥️
    Ted was great as always 
  • edited October 2023
    Anyone watched Beckham on Netflix? Only seen two episodes but it’s decent so far, well made with on the pitch and off the pitch stuff. 

Plenty of interviews with Alex Ferguson, Eric Cantona, Gary Neville, Diego Simeone, the kitman, the receptionist, his parents etc.
    https://youtu.be/nUVNbJMWi_c?si=q2oJC2ZLYBtLTVXS
  • edited October 2023
    Beckham on Netflix was  really good 
  • The Long Shadow. I'm 2 in at it's really good with a strong cast.
    I always think ITV do dramas well when the subject is a true story.
     The fictional stuff they do nearly always goes awry,. And usually at the end
  • edited October 2023
    Not out yet... But Masters of the Air (the next WW2 series to follow the Pacific and Band of Brothers) has finally got a release date

26th January 2024 on AppleTV
  • Lupin part 3 on Netflix 
  • Anyone watched Beckham on Netflix? Only seen two episodes but it’s decent so far, well made with on the pitch and off the pitch stuff. 

Plenty of interviews with Alex Ferguson, Eric Cantona, Gary Neville, Diego Simeone, the kitman, the receptionist, his parents etc.
    https://youtu.be/nUVNbJMWi_c?si=q2oJC2ZLYBtLTVXS
    How well did the receptionists’ parents even know him?
  • The Long Shadow. I'm 2 in at it's really good with a strong cast.
    I always think ITV do dramas well when the subject is a true story.
     The fictional stuff they do nearly always goes awry,. And usually at the end
    Just finished having binge watched it on ITVX. Really well done. The Yorkshire Police took more of a bashing than the Met on Line of Duty. Wouldn’t surprise me if it wins some awards 
    I just watched the new series but didn’t realise it was actually series 2 until half way through 😫
    Just finished 1st series will watch 2nd in a week or two.
    Just started watching Irvine Welsh's Crime.
    Yes the lingo is a bit tough to understand especially the 'nutty' copper.
  • Sponsored links:

• Anyone watching Big Brother? 
  • Wilma said:
    Anyone watching Big Brother? 
    Truly dreadful...
  • Very late on watchmen - but loving it, 5 episodes in. 
  • Any fans of The Boys getting into Gen V? What do you think? 
  • Wilma said:
    Anyone watching Big Brother? 
    No but he's watching us.
  • Anyone watching Julia Bradbury’s series on Ireland on Channel 4 Saturday nights?
    I had to record it (as well as the rugby) as I was at a surprise roundy birthday party.
    The spooky thing about that was, the person she was interviewing in Skibbereen Heritage Centre, it was her surprise party 🤣🤣🍾🥂🥳🥳
  • Any fans of The Boys getting into Gen V? What do you think? 

Watched the first couple. The story lines aren't as strong as the Boys and it feels like they are going for maximum shock value with some of the deaths and "incidents". Will stick with it, but it has a lot to live up to.
  • Last Night's Gone Fishing showed how good the Mortimer and Whitehouse dynamic is. Thought last week's with Lee Mack was pretty crap, but even with a half fit Bob,it was back on form. Great to hear them confirm at the end of the episode that there is more to come. Assume there will be a Xmas special and then hopefully a new series.
  • I’m back on The Man In The High Castle for the second time and it’s just as good. Brilliant climax to Season 2. 
  • Last Night's Gone Fishing showed how good the Mortimer and Whitehouse dynamic is. Thought last week's with Lee Mack was pretty crap, but even with a half fit Bob,it was back on form. Great to hear them confirm at the end of the episode that there is more to come. Assume there will be a Xmas special and then hopefully a new series.
    Totally agree with everything & just to confirm a Xmas special was confirmed by the producers on Twitter last night.
    It was pretty heartbreaking seeing Bob so frail.
    I’ve told them to wrap him in cotton wool until Christmas xx