Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New Tv series (REMEMBER: No Spoilers)

Comments

• I was recently called a 'TV Snob' meaning I never watch any 'popular' TV like Corri, E Enders, B G Talent, Ant n Dec and all the so called 'reality' .. SOOOO I decided to watch at least the first part of 'I'm A Celebrity g m o o here and you know what ? ..... Go on tell us !!!! .... I thoroughly enjoyed it

Just been perusing Twitter & saw a clip of some bird I’ve never heard of getting all whatevery with Fred the chef fella because he said to her he was old enough to be her Dad.

Get in the sea.

What is this nonsense?

But she’s managed to make herself more unpopular than Farage 😳🤣🤣🤣🤣
  • Binned it after 1.5 episodes.

I gave up after half an episode of The Boat!
  • I was recently called a 'TV Snob' meaning I never watch any 'popular' TV like Corri, E Enders, B G Talent, Ant n Dec and all the so called 'reality' .. SOOOO I decided to watch at least the first part of 'I'm A Celebrity g m o o here and you know what ? ..... Go on tell us !!!! .... I thoroughly enjoyed it

LOL...are you still watching it....it's fuc.... awful.....well past it's sell buy date....left MrsH to it last night but when I went upto bed she was fast asleep, but if you enjoy it Lincs that's all that matters.

enjoyed the first episode, the only one I have ever watched .. looks like it's on EVERY night for about a month !! .. no way I'll be with it to anywhere near the end or even as far as episode 3 lol .. might watch no2 to see Farage eating a 'Jungle Pizza' or whatever it's called .. one thing though, it looks expensively and well produced, so it must be popular
  • Anyone seen Culprits with Gemma Arterton on Disney+?  I'm into two episodes and it's not bad, wonder if anyone has caught up with it? 

Also just seen first two episodes of Murder at the end of the World also on Disney staring Clive Owen. Very good as a whodunit and very Sherlocky. 

We've watched the 1st 2 episodes of Culprits too, really enjoying it.
  • Finished Boat Story last night. Not a BBC drama at all, but once you get past how "daft" the storyline is I actually quite enjoyed it. The ending actually leaves it open for a second series.
  • Just finished watching 007 Road to a Million. 

What a great show it turned out to be. Some of the quests were really ballsy. 

However, the dick from SE London who made his wife climb up the outside of a crane which didn't have a ladder and perched on the edge of a cliff because he was too scared really made him a bit of a laughing stock

Hats off to the wife though. Super gutsy climb.

Can't wait for another series. 
  • Enjoyed a couple of the recent interviews from the (always excellent) Louis Theroux - the Pete Doherty and Joan Collins episodes were both really interesting viewing
  • Really enjoyed the first 5 episodes of the second series of Squid Game.  Shame to have to wait another week for the remainder of it.
  • Really enjoyed the first 5 episodes of the second series of Squid Game.  Shame to have to wait another week for the remainder of it.
    Didnt realise this was out, but its a Spin-Off rather than the second series

They've turned it into some reality Competition as well
  • Yeah thats not the second season of squid game. Thats out next year.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited November 2023
    TEL said:
    Just finished watching 007 Road to a Million. 

What a great show it turned out to be. Some of the quests were really ballsy. 

However, the dick from SE London who made his wife climb up the outside of a crane which didn't have a ladder and perched on the edge of a cliff because he was too scared really made him a bit of a laughing stock

Hats off to the wife though. Super gutsy climb.

Can't wait for another series. 
    Agree @TEL really good 
  • Enjoyed a couple of the recent interviews from the (always excellent) Louis Theroux - the Pete Doherty and Joan Collins episodes were both really interesting viewing
    Pete Doherty one was excellent 
  • What’s everyone carrying in their basket of TV goods at the moment? This is what I’m juggling when I’ve got time and dependent on mood:

Billions - S7 (last series)
    Sex Education- S2
    Lincoln Lawyer - S1
    Grand Designs
    A New Life in the Sun - Where are they now?
    At Home with the Fury’s

When the top ones are eventually complete they’ll be replaced with S2 of Winning Time: The Rise of the Lakers and the last series of Peaky Blinders
  • I've just started peaky blinders, really good British produced TV. Paul Anderson geezering it up perfectly and Dr Alan Grant hamming the shit of of the Ulster accent so he is and Charlie Creed-Miles keeping up his 100% record of being my favourite actor in whatever he is in and looking the mirror image if my mate Paul 
  • edited November 2023
    Really enjoyed the first 5 episodes of the second series of Squid Game.  Shame to have to wait another week for the remainder of it.
    Yeah we hammerd that the last two nights, very enjoyable.. turns out it was filmed in those massive film studios in Bedfordshire. 

Gonna go back and watch the proper show of it now. 
  • edited November 2023

• What’s everyone carrying in their basket of TV goods at the moment? This is what I’m juggling when I’ve got time and dependent on mood:

Sex Education- S2
    Lincoln Lawyer - S1
    Grand Designs
    At Home with the Fury’s

When the top ones are eventually complete they’ll be replaced with S2 of Winning Time: The Rise of the Lakers and the last series of Peaky Blinders
    Very slow rotation for me of: 

Lessons in Chemistry 
    House of Usher
    Leftovers (S1)
    Bass Reeves
    What we do in the shadows (lastest season)
    Fisk
    Brassic (S1)
    Detectorists (S2)
    Little Dorrit

• Season 5 of Fargo started on Prime this week. First two episodes are out already. Not watched yet, but hopefully it's a return to form after the very lack lustre 4th series.
  • edited November 2023
    Season 5 of Fargo started on Prime this week. First two episodes are out already. Not watched yet, but hopefully it's a return to form after the very lack lustre 4th series.
    Bloody hell. Another one to add to the list.

Reviews say its a return to form
  • Since the untimely death of Matthew Perry I started watching Friends again.
    I’d forgotten how many episodes there were in each series.
    How did we wait a whole week for the next one?

Such great TV.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited November 2023
    We finished watching Boat Story ( BBC 1/iplayer) tonight and following a somewhat confusing start, it became a Must Watch for us.

Very unusual & multi faceted tale, with Tcheky Karyo ( remember him from The Missing & Baptiste) taking one of the leading roles, you need to stick with it and admire the story as it unfolds. 
  • New season of Two Doors Down available on BBC iPlayer. First episode is hilarious. Cathy’s back!!!!!
    When you looked into Joan's eyes you saw the young Joan. 
  •  HastingsRed said:
    I was recently called a 'TV Snob' meaning I never watch any 'popular' TV like Corri, E Enders, B G Talent, Ant n Dec and all the so called 'reality' .. SOOOO I decided to watch at least the first part of 'I'm A Celebrity g m o o here and you know what ? ..... Go on tell us !!!! .... I thoroughly enjoyed it

LOL...are you still watching it....it's fuc.... awful.....well past it's sell buy date....left MrsH to it last night but when I went upto bed she was fast asleep, but if you enjoy it Lincs that's all that matters.

enjoyed the first episode, the only one I have ever watched .. looks like it's on EVERY night for about a month !! .. no way I'll be with it to anywhere near the end or even as far as episode 3 lol .. might watch no2 to see Farage eating a 'Jungle Pizza' or whatever it's called .. one thing though, it looks expensively and well produced, so it must be popular
    So are Manchester City mate, doesn't make it right...  :D
  • Started Murder at the Edge of the World. Weird. Lasted about 20 mins and then baled. 
  • New season of Two Doors Down available on BBC iPlayer. First episode is hilarious. Cathy’s back!!!!!
    Not sure why she wasn’t in last series but it definitely suffered without her. 

Glad she’s back!
    Not sure why she wasn’t in last series but it definitely suffered without her. 

Glad she’s back!
    The actress (sorry actor in a female role - must keep myself pc!) left of her own volition to pursue other stuff but had a change of heart so they’ve written her back in. 

Sex Education- S2
    Lincoln Lawyer - S1
    Grand Designs
    At Home with the Fury’s

Just finished Billions, good series, last few episodes are utterly superb.
  • Jumped on to BBC iplayer to finish the second series of The Newsreader. Loved the first series of this show and really bought into the characters and the storylines. In fact it was the excellence of this Australian production which led me to having a look at Colin from Accounts which many on here, including me, have raved about.

The fact it features a newsroom and real life events in the 1980s gives it a real edge and a reminder of the greatest newsroom series "Lou Grant". Great to see all those tape machines and faxes. 

The leads are brilliant together but a shout out for Sam Reid. So ambitious and talented, so needy and vulnerable, so sexually confused during the high risk 80s. Hard to credit it's the same actor who played the cock sure vampire with a strangled French accent in the recent rather naff Interview With A Vampire. 
  • We finished watching Boat Story ( BBC 1/iplayer) tonight and following a somewhat confusing start, it became a Must Watch for us.

Very unusual & multi faceted tale, with Tcheky Karyo ( remember him from The Missing & Baptiste) taking one of the leading roles, you need to stick with it and admire the story as it unfolds. 
    Yeah I really liked it. Different. I watched it in two nights.