Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New Tv series (REMEMBER: No Spoilers)

Comments

• Options
    https://youtu.be/9J7o3wyc9pk

Looking forward to this.
    Not hard but reckon this wil pi55 all over Boba Fett.
    Me too - really liked the look of all of it except maybe the Inquisitors as they look a bit weird, but thats a product of them coming across from the Rebels series
  • Options
    I went to Chernobyl in 2016, prior to the new dome being placed over the structure. The decaying sarcophagus was some sight, and based on my geiger-counter, wasn't doing much to stop the leak!

Was cool creeping around old schools with pictures of Lenin everywhere.
    Did you have the dubious looking green broth in the restaurant nearby? Think they were taking the piss...
  • Options
    New series of The Last Kingdom on Netflix. Will be watching that after finishing the new Vikings series which has been pretty decent so far
  • Options
    ‘My Brilliant Friend’ series 3 is out on Sky Atlantic now. Loved the first 2. 
  • Options
    https://youtu.be/9J7o3wyc9pk

Looking forward to this.
    Not hard but reckon this wil pi55 all over Boba Fett.
    Ooooooooooooh 😳
  • Options
    New series of The Last Kingdom on Netflix. Will be watching that after finishing the new Vikings series which has been pretty decent so far
    Its the last season as well, although it looks like they're currently filming a spin off film for Netflix called: Seven Kings Must Die which'll cover the end of the book series - I'll get round to watching it, along with Drive to Survive after I finish Breaking Bad, but have always been a little disappointed how the actors dont age.
  • Options
    Not a TV series, but does anyone watch Bald & Bankrupt on youtube?

A bloke who runs around obscure towns in the former Soviet Union. I don't know why, but it's fascinating.
  • Options
    Just finished Our House.
    Well acted and riveting at times.
    Couple of points, but I don't want to spoil it for anybody. Enjoyed it.
    Just starting Ipcress now. Was always one of my favourite films, albeit probably a bit dated now.
  • Options
    ‘My Brilliant Friend’ series 3 is out on Sky Atlantic now. Loved the first 2. 
    We absolutely LOVED the first 2 series ! 

Just downloaded all 8 episodes to binge watch over the weekend.

• Options
    Watched all 6 episodes of the new Daisy May Cooper and Tim Key series - Witchfinder. Had high hopes as it was produced by Coogan's Baby Cow Production Company but it was a bit Meh. 6/10. Daisy May Cooper was funny and Tim Key had a few lines, but Daisy wasn't really in it enough.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just finished Our House.
    Well acted and riveting at times.
    Couple of points, but I don't want to spoil it for anybody. Enjoyed it.
    Just starting Ipcress now. Was always one of my favourite films, albeit probably a bit dated now.
    Few plot holes but watchable 
  • Options

A bloke who runs around obscure towns in the former Soviet Union. I don't know why, but it's fascinating.
    Yes. He’s excellent. Speaks about 12 languages. He went round India a few years ago too. 
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    Season 4 of Drive to Survive is out. Despite F1 descending into farce, this is compelling viewing. Good old Guenther Steiner is in too form yet again. 
  • Options
    Witchfinder.  What a load of tosh. 
  • Options
    Further to previous post an update on Drive To Survive as posted on the F1 thread. 

Binged the whole series during a bout of insomnia.  It is compelling viewing and brilliantly made. However I can’t help but think that quite a lot of it is staged for the cameras (e.g. Toto’s little “private” chat with George welcoming him to the team and the various set pieces on Toto’s jet and in his Monaco pad).  And a lot of the dialogue is filmed retrospectively. But, as I say, I found it compelling viewing. The technology involved in filming it is breathtaking. I found pretty much the entire F1 community pretty hard to like with the odd exception (take a bow Guenther, the new Williams CEO whose name escapes me and, strangely enough, Hamilton who comes across as pretty grounded and humble). The rest are spoilt, driven (sorry) rich kids (I took a particular dislike to Norris and even gorgeous George appears to have a side to him. Mazepin is detestable.  Tsunoda is a fruitloop.  Danny Ric’s halo slipped a bit this time after being Mr nice guy in previous series. Max wasn’t quite as horrible as I expected him to be. The team principles didn’t come out of it well. Toto for all his brilliance is a very bad tempered control freak and Whinger is just a git.  I guess those traits are what makes them successful in the job.   Understandably given what happened the series is very focussed on the Toto v Whinger story but there is enough delving into some of the other teams to keep it interesting. 

After the fiasco of last season I swore I wouldn’t watch F1 again. Drive to Survive has rekindled my interest. That makes it a top documentary in my book. 
  • Options
    Witchfinder.  What a load of tosh. 
    Only caught the first episode this week and had high expectations given the pedigree behind it and cast. 

Awful, just awful. 
  • Options
    I've watched the first couple of episodes of Stanley Tucci's Searching For Italy. A very enjoyable food focused documentary series that devotes an episode to all 20 of Italy's regions.
  • Options

My gf watched a lot of his stuff, especially over lockdown - I find it quite interesting though his personality/presentation style kinda grates on me.

Although how he reacted to the Ukraine war really put a bad taste in my mouth - he was posting videos on social media saying it was all normal in Ukraine and no-one was trying to flee the country etc in the first few days of the conflict.
  • Options
    I've watched the first couple of episodes of Stanley Tucci's Searching For Italy. A very enjoyable food focused documentary series that devotes an episode to all 20 of Italy's regions.
    Caught this last night.
    God he’s sexy for a bald guy 😍
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Only halfway through season 3 of Breaking Bad. Normally I'd have binged it all by now, like I do with series that grip me.

Very much a drop it and pick it up series for me. It's good, but not gripping in the slightest. Will finish it but will be at a leisurely pace.
  • Options
    Only halfway through season 3 of Breaking Bad. Normally I'd have binged it all by now, like I do with series that grip me.

Very much a drop it and pick it up series for me. It's good, but not gripping in the slightest. Will finish it but will be at a leisurely pace.
    I've found Season Three to be the hardest to watch so far... So slow and whingy at the beginning, but feel it picks up... The pressure is on one of my mates as he raves about Season Four being one of the best.
  • Options

I've found Season Three to be the hardest to watch so far... So slow and whingy at the beginning, but feel it picks up... The pressure is on one of my mates as he raves about Season Four being one of the best.
    I'm hoping that some of the glaring errors are rectified and that they're all part of the storyline.
  • Options
    Graham Norton’s Holding starts tonight ITV 9pm.
    All filmed around West Cork.
    I’ll be tuning in to see the locals 😎💚
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    Not sure if anyone has mentioned the ITV updated Ipcress File yet but we binged watched it over the weekend and thought it was excellent.

THINK I saw the Michael Caine version back in the day but couldn't recall a single thing about it so no pre conceptions. 

Very impressed & recommend you give it a go. 
    Excellent & good timing for me. I just came in here to see if anyone had watched Ipcress File & had recommended it. You have & you did, so many thanks!!   :) 
  • Options

I'm hoping that some of the glaring errors are rectified and that they're all part of the storyline.
    Wow... Just wow... Season Three is really worth sticking with... JUST WOW!!
  • Options

I'm glad somebody else has found Breaking Bad slow going as I thought I was the only one!!!!

That said, Season 4 is fantastic.  Stick with it
  • Options
    Well I enjoyed the first episode of Holding.
    But then I’ve not read the book.

My neighbour Jim was the hairy fella looking out from behind the nets of the shit brown house 🤣🤣

Reading Twitter poor Graham is getting a bashing but I think the interpretation is down to Kathy Burke. And if the Irish think it’s lazy stereotype then I hate to be the bearer but having lived in West Cork for the past 8yrs it’s pretty spot on 🤷‍♀️

And to realised the Garda was the Smurf from Car Share made my night 😜
  • Options

I'm glad somebody else has found Breaking Bad slow going as I thought I was the only one!!!!

That said, Season 4 is fantastic.  Stick with it
    Apart from that one episode 'The Fly'.

Probably the worst 60 minutes of TV i've ever watched.