Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New Tv series (REMEMBER: No Spoilers)

Comments

• Options
    The Fly was series 3 I believe.
    I always remember it as being awful too.
    Looked it up recently for something else and was surprised to read various critics and blogs rank it as one of the best episodes.
    Obviously the subtlety was lost on me
  • Options
    Never trust a critic to not be utterly pretentious
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    There's a series on Netflix called Bad Sport which I'm really enjoying. It covers big stories of match fixing/bribery in sports around the world.

There's a fantastic episode about Randy Lanier, a professional race driver who funded the whole operation by smuggling huge quantities of drugs. Even competed in the Indy 500.

Also a good episode following the Hansie Cronje scandal.
  • Options
    There's a series on Netflix called Bad Sport which I'm really enjoying. It covers big stories of match fixing/bribery in sports around the world.

There's a fantastic episode about Randy Lanier, a professional race driver who funded the whole operation by smuggling huge quantities of drugs. Even competed in the Indy 500.

Also a good episode following the Hansie Cronje scandal.
    Yes excellent viewing!
  • Options
    New Top Boy is out. Love it.
  • Options
    Davo55 said:
    Don’t usually look on this thread but I strongly recommend Babylon Berlin. German with English sub-titles. Superb sense of time and place, interesting plot strands, very stylish.
    A blast from the past but we have now discovered Babylon Berlin via Sky Atlantic.

3 seasons thus far but appears that season 4 is due to be released later this year.

We're totally loving it & thoroughly recommend if you're looking for something very much out of the ordinary.
  • Options
    Saw an advert for Peacemaker coming to Sky Max tomorrow, all episodes available via catch-up, well worth watching if you like James Gunn's movies, it's easily my favourite "superhero" show, much better than any marvel/star wars series to date.
  • Options
    Well I enjoyed the first episode of Holding.
    But then I’ve not read the book.

My neighbour Jim was the hairy fella looking out from behind the nets of the shit brown house 🤣🤣

Reading Twitter poor Graham is getting a bashing but I think the interpretation is down to Kathy Burke. And if the Irish think it’s lazy stereotype then I hate to be the bearer but having lived in West Cork for the past 8yrs it’s pretty spot on 🤷‍♀️

And to realised the Garda was the Smurf from Car Share made my night 😜
    Made it to the first break, then we decided to retire it from our planner. 
  • Options
    Just finished the half season of Ozark. Picked up as the episodes went on. Looking forward to the final half season. 
  • Options
    Enjoying Severance on Apple TV. Something a bit different.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Enjoying Severance on Apple TV. Something a bit different.
    Yep, I'm really enjoying it, Fridays can't come round soon enough. Very surreal and funny.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

My neighbour Jim was the hairy fella looking out from behind the nets of the shit brown house 🤣🤣

Reading Twitter poor Graham is getting a bashing but I think the interpretation is down to Kathy Burke. And if the Irish think it’s lazy stereotype then I hate to be the bearer but having lived in West Cork for the past 8yrs it’s pretty spot on 🤷‍♀️

The second episode was better.
    How anyone can watch ITV live though is beyond me. The adverts are excruciating 😖 
    Can’t record it as we’ve had to add the channel to the Sky box.
    So I’ll miss the last episode anyhoo as I’ll be traveling home from the Lincoln game 🤷‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️🤣🤣
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

The second episode was better.
    How anyone can watch ITV live though is beyond me. The adverts are excruciating 😖 
    Can’t record it as we’ve had to add the channel to the Sky box.
    So I’ll miss the last episode anyhoo as I’ll be traveling home from the Lincoln game 🤷‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️🤣🤣
    Yeah we never watch ITV live for that very reason
  • Options
    Just finished Squid Games, thought it was pretty shit to be honest. 
    Watched half of the first episode and binned it. Not for me.
  • Options
    Just finished Squid Games, thought it was pretty shit to be honest. 
    Be honest……you thought it was Squit Games. 
  • Options
    Just saw the trailer for the new series Slow Horses starring Gary Oldman. It reminds me of his character Smiley in Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy - I loved that film. Plus I like Olivia Cooke and Jack Lowden so I'm quite looking forward to it.
    https://youtu.be/O9ZJChzPn0U
  • Options
    Bit peed off that we have to pay for the latest 'Outlander' series. The Missus adores Jamie... Still, 'Young Wallander' is pretty good and 'Our House' was decent and unpredictable. I wish they would make something similar to 'Auf Wiedersehen Pet' which was funny and non violent but people seem to love violence.
  • Options
    Bit peed off that we have to pay for the latest 'Outlander' series. The Missus adores Jamie... Still, 'Young Wallander' is pretty good and 'Our House' was decent and unpredictable. I wish they would make something similar to 'Auf Wiedersehen Pet' which was funny and non violent but people seem to love violence.
    we are waiting for it to all be on Starz then signing up for the £1.99 trial and gonna binge it
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    we are waiting for it to all be on Starz then signing up for the £1.99 trial and gonna binge it
    Trial ends 31 March. I will be catching up on the latest spin off of Power, starring Tommy. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We are England series on iplayer - some facinating documentaries.

Definitely worth watching. 
  • Options
    Jessie said:
    Just saw the trailer for the new series Slow Horses starring Gary Oldman. It reminds me of his character Smiley in Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy - I loved that film. Plus I like Olivia Cooke and Jack Lowden so I'm quite looking forward to it.
    The books are brilliant 
  • Options
    stonemuse said:
    Jessie said:
    The books are brilliant 
    I literally just bought Slow Horses on Friday lunchtime as was passing time in Waterstones  - never heard of the author or series. 

• Options
    edited March 2022
    Someone recommended ‘Pieces of Her’ - after 3 episodes, I’m close to giving up. Poor script, casting, acting and dull. Is it worth persevering?
  • Options
    Latest season of Top Boy was superb. Well worth a watch
  • Options
    meldrew66 said:
    Someone recommended ‘Pieces of Her’ - after 3 episodes, I’m close to giving up. Poor script, casting, acting and dull. Is it worth persevering?
    I jacked it in. 
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Trial ends 31 March. I will be catching up on the latest spin off of Power, starring Tommy. 
    Thanks. Signed up today. Watched first episode of Outlander. 

Deffo gonna watch the Tommy spin off as one of all time favourite characters. Not seen the Tariq ones - didn’t like him in the original. Presume don’t have to watch those before the Tommy ones? 
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    meldrew66 said:
    I binged watched all 8 episodes yesterday after seeing it on gogglebox on Friday.

I enjoyed it, definitely improves as the story goes on IMO 

Although I thought the ending was a bit rubbish 
  • Options
    meldrew66 said:
    I think I made it to the start of episode five and I just haven't been able to keep going. First couple of episodes were intriguing but the pacing is awful, the script is really bad, and it's just introduced a character I don't care about. 

Usually it'd be my kind of thing, as I usually like even bad thrillers. But for whatever reason I just couldn't. Too many characters I didn't care about.