Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New Tv series (REMEMBER: No Spoilers)

Comments

• Options
    So no one watched Peaky blinders then?  I was expecting a flood of comments. Or like @johnnybev1987 and I, is everyone waiting till we can binge?
  • Options
    Going back through old series myself, just started The Exorcist, about half way through series 1. Not exactly scary but certainly gripping
  • Options
    Started Breaking Bad yesterday after 3 previously failed attempts to get in to it.

Another series whereby I hope it picks up at some point.....showing signs of doing so now the cooking team are back together 👌🏻
    It's worth sticking with to get to the final season, they manage to change the tone of the show and main characters really skilfully by degrees so by the end you can't believe how dark it's gotten, without it being unbelievable. 
  • Options
    Breaking Bad is good, but essentially a springboard to the much better Better Call Saul.
  • Options
    So no one watched Peaky blinders then?  I was expecting a flood of comments. Or like @johnnybev1987 and I, is everyone waiting till we can binge?
    I watched it - really enjoyed it. Didn't want to say too much in case of spoilers.

Also quite enjoyed the first ep of Killing Eve's new series, although it's not held its standard from the first season.
  • Options
    Started Breaking Bad yesterday after 3 previously failed attempts to get in to it.

Another series whereby I hope it picks up at some point.....showing signs of doing so now the cooking team are back together 👌🏻
    I was similar, it definitely does pick up. I do think its a series you can half watch too so sometimes not as fully focused. 2 more seasons to go and i think its decent but also a slow burner in the early bits. 
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    I watched the first couple series of Killing Eve, but didn't rate it as good as people have said. It's watchable but i am sure i have a few episodes or even another series to watch as i wasn't really fully into it. 

Similar to euphoria, although its ok the lead character Roo has grated on me so not really sure when or if i will finish it. 
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    Breaking Bad is good, but essentially a springboard to the much better Better Call Saul.
    Im FINALLY getting round to watching Breaking Bad.

Watched it a few years ago, and got distracted by another show just as I started on Season Two

Just watched the Better Call Saul episode, and Saul Goodman is just brilliant as a character

Definitely going to go straight on to the spin off series afterwards.
  • Options
    Watched the first episode of The Holiday last night. What a pile of excretable garbage, the plot was completely unbelievable, why would a group of people with so much obvious mutual animosity decide to spend a holiday together? It was lazy, badly written and poorly plotted. Total and utter crap

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Watched the first episode of The Holiday last night. What a pile of excretable garbage, the plot was completely unbelievable, why would a group of people with so much obvious mutual animosity decide to spend a holiday together? It was lazy, badly written and poorly plotted. Total and utter crap

my main gripe was that I had no idea who was married to who or which children were from which couple
  • Options

Yeah but apart from that…………😉
  • Options
    I watched the first couple series of Killing Eve, but didn't rate it as good as people have said. It's watchable but i am sure i have a few episodes or even another series to watch as i wasn't really fully into it. 

Similar to euphoria, although its ok the lead character Roo has grated on me so not really sure when or if i will finish it. 
    With you on Killing Eve, tough watch.
  • Options
    Watched a programme called 'Chernobyl The Lost Tapes' on Sky Documentaries. It is quite a harrowing watch as it shows actual footage of the aftermath of the Chernobyl Nuclear Power Station disaster in 1986 and the actions of the USSR Government in concealing the truth from its people. 
  • Options
    Watched the 1st 2 episodes of The Ipcress File, really good. 
  • Options
    We just watched the first one and really enjoyed it. Got some stars in it.
  • Options
    I went to Chernobyl in 2016, prior to the new dome being placed over the structure. The decaying sarcophagus was some sight, and based on my geiger-counter, wasn't doing much to stop the leak!

Was cool creeping around old schools with pictures of Lenin everywhere.
  • Options
    Thought Our House was good last night. 
  • Options
    Seen the first two as well - excellent so far. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I went to Chernobyl in 2016, prior to the new dome being placed over the structure. The decaying sarcophagus was some sight, and based on my geiger-counter, wasn't doing much to stop the leak!

Wow, that’s amazing, I’m beyond jealous!! Was the basement with all the fire-fighters stuff filled in? I know they filled it in but can’t remember what year they did it??
  • Options
    Watched a programme called 'Chernobyl The Lost Tapes' on Sky Documentaries. It is quite a harrowing watch as it shows actual footage of the aftermath of the Chernobyl Nuclear Power Station disaster in 1986 and the actions of the USSR Government in concealing the truth from its people. 
    I will watch this, I find anything about Chernobyl really interesting.
  • Options
    yeah it's got potential, not sure how I think it will pan out
  • Options
    All 4 episodes of Our House are on itv player if you don’t want to watch it over the next few evenings.
  • Options
    It was ok but surely if you got home & found people moving in you'd call the police. They might not be able to do much but at least you'd get some breathing space & be able to put your case to them. 

Like The Holiday posted about above this is based on a book.  Originally I thought it was based on the very recent case of the vicar who got home to find that his house had been sold & nothing he could do about it. 
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

my main gripe was that I had no idea who was married to who or which children were from which couple
    I watched the first episode as my wife was watching it. My thoughts throughout was who would go on this sort of holiday where they all hate each over and don't experience a shred of joy on it? Complete tosh. 
  • Options

I’ve always been a bit wary of holidays that advise you to bring your own Geiger counter, maybe it’s just me.
    You laugh but I worked in Kazakhstan a few years back and to break up the boredom of yet another weekend in the hotel a trip to a local "nuclear disaster" site was arranged.

Our guide cheerily informed us that "food, drinks & a personal Geiger Counter" were all included in the price.
  • Options
    Peakys has its own topic .. Peaky Blinders - Page 11 — Charlton Life
  • Options
    Agree that The Ipcress File is pretty good with some great 60's film sets.
  • Options
    https://youtu.be/9J7o3wyc9pk

Looking forward to this.
    Not hard but reckon this wil pi55 all over Boba Fett.