Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New Tv series (REMEMBER: No Spoilers)

Comments

• Options
    Finished This is Going to Hurt now.

Spoiler below as it relates to a later episode.  Brilliant show.

Shruti's suicide hit like a truck.  Christ.

Really dark, and raw, but brilliantly done.  I like that there weren't that many clues beyond she's tired, she's stressed but they all are.  

Thought it was very brave to go in that direction rather than the more "look at the daft things people do!" elements of the book.

finished it last night. Thought Harriet Walter was great as his Mum.
  • Options
    Jessie said:
    Jessie said:
    I've started watching Succession this week and got totally hooked. Actually I watched the first three episodes back when it was just aired in 2019. I thought the first episode was mind-blowing but somehow didn't continue as every single character in the series was so dislikable. But this time I've realised it really is GREAT. The dialogues are so well-written. Also I'm beginning to like Kendall and Shiv. And the title theme is so good that it has become an earworm for me.

Peaky Blinders... When I finished Boardwalk Empire a couple of years ago I started to watch Peaky Blinders but simply couldn't get into it. It seemed so pretentious... I guess I'm very much in the minority regarding views on this series.
    Love Succession, love the shitty characters, love the theme. It's also written in South London, just down the road from us in Brixton. 
    I'm on episode 5 season 2 and absolutely loving it. There's a short interview of Jesse Armstrong at the end of each episode of season 2 and I was surprised to know that he is a Brit!! Considering this is set in the US, the writer/creator being British really was a big surprise.
    He's also responsible for one of my favourite ever sitcoms in Peep Show. 
    I didn't know! No wonder Succession has a slight element of comedy in it despite being a drama series. I've lost count of how many times the dialogues have made me laugh out loud. I rarely watch comedies but the sarcasm and wittiness in what these characters say are so impressive.
  • Options
    Nearly finished season 3 of Peaky Blinders. Does it get progressively worse/silly after season 2, as it seems?
    Yes. In my view the last series totally bombed. I watched it to see what happened as I’d been hooked for the previous 4 seasons but it does go slowly downhill after series 2. It’s still very good so hang with it but have realistic expectations.  I’ll need to watch the last series again to remind myself where we are at before the new one comes out as it’s been a long break. 
  • Options
    Jessie said:
    Jessie said:
    I've started watching Succession this week and got totally hooked. Actually I watched the first three episodes back when it was just aired in 2019. I thought the first episode was mind-blowing but somehow didn't continue as every single character in the series was so dislikable. But this time I've realised it really is GREAT. The dialogues are so well-written. Also I'm beginning to like Kendall and Shiv. And the title theme is so good that it has become an earworm for me.

Peaky Blinders... When I finished Boardwalk Empire a couple of years ago I started to watch Peaky Blinders but simply couldn't get into it. It seemed so pretentious... I guess I'm very much in the minority regarding views on this series.
    Love Succession, love the shitty characters, love the theme. It's also written in South London, just down the road from us in Brixton. 
    I'm on episode 5 season 2 and absolutely loving it. There's a short interview of Jesse Armstrong at the end of each episode of season 2 and I was surprised to know that he is a Brit!! Considering this is set in the US, the writer/creator being British really was a big surprise.
    Yeah, I think he worked on some of Veep, so I guess he's used to writing for US series. We saw him at the train station the other day, should have begged him for a writing gig! 😬 Enjoy the rest of the seasons, some crazy stuff coming up! 
    Wow that's so incredible... Should be included in the 'Celebrities I've met' thread (I can't remember the exact title of the thread)  :D  Have you been watching season 3? Is it as good as the first two seasons?
  • Options
    The Curse on C4 is pretty decent without being hilarious. Really fancy the lead woman as well, she looks completely different to when she was in Eastenders.
  • Options
    Nearly finished season 3 of Peaky Blinders. Does it get progressively worse/silly after season 2, as it seems?
    Yes. In my view the last series totally bombed. I watched it to see what happened as I’d been hooked for the previous 4 seasons but it does go slowly downhill after series 2. It’s still very good so hang with it but have realistic expectations.  I’ll need to watch the last series again to remind myself where we are at before the new one comes out as it’s been a long break. 
    Started season 4 and have just paused it at the black hand bit. It's like watching Phileas Fogg and all of his globetrotting adventures  :D
  • Options
    Jessie said:
    Jessie said:
    Jessie said:

Yeah, I think he worked on some of Veep, so I guess he's used to writing for US series. We saw him at the train station the other day, should have begged him for a writing gig! 😬 Enjoy the rest of the seasons, some crazy stuff coming up! 
    Wow that's so incredible... Should be included in the 'Celebrities I've met' thread (I can't remember the exact title of the thread)  :D  Have you been watching season 3? Is it as good as the first two seasons?
    More like 'Celebrities I've looked at from across the tracks whilst trying to cross reference with Google image search...' Yeah, we just finished season 3. Its more of the same good stuff, you still hate them, you still love to watch them. Felt a little bit darker towards the end maybe. If you like the first 2, i think you'll like 3.
  • Options
    The Curse on C4 is pretty decent without being hilarious. Really fancy the lead woman as well, she looks completely different to when she was in Eastenders.
    who was she in Enders ?

• Options
    dont worry - was back in 2010 !!!
  • Options
    Has anyone watched 1883 on HBO & can recommend it? I believe its a new US Western/Wild West tv series. Thanks

I have been watching it and it's excellent. Well worth a watch.
    It's a prequel to Yellowstone, which I haven't watched.

Episode release is a bit sporadic though
    Excellent cheers! Cool I didn't realise it was a prequel to Yellowstone, I've watched the first three seasons of that. I'd defo recommend it if you like Western/Cow Boy stuff, Kev Costner is excellent in it. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Started season 4 and have just paused it at the black hand bit. It's like watching Phileas Fogg and all of his globetrotting adventures  :D
    I’ve had to do some research but I’m pretty sure this is the series where Alfie has his legendary business meeting. Must  have been with Luca, the Sicilian gangster. You must see it. And don’t be drinking anything at the same time. You’ll thank me for this advice. @stonemuse knows what I’m on about. Groundbreaking television :D
  • Options
    Has anyone watched 1883 on HBO & can recommend it? I believe its a new US Western/Wild West tv series. Thanks

Excellent cheers! Cool I didn't realise it was a prequel to Yellowstone, I've watched the first three seasons of that. I'd defo recommend it if you like Western/Cow Boy stuff, Kev Costner is excellent in it. 
    I'm all caught up on both. Yellowstone is class, must cost a fortune to produce but is gold-tier tv. Some really good characters to get to know and they aren't afraid of killing the main cast members either 
  • Options
    Finished Ozark after a couple of weeks binging.  Like the main actors and was not disapointed although the last season was even more far fetched than the previous three.
  • Options
    Any superhero series fans with access to the streaming apps that may or may not be legal should check out Peacemaker, blows anything Disney have produced Tv series wise our the water.

Every episode is great the show opening is the best of any series in recent times, all episodes written by James Gunn and most are directed by him too, stars John Cena and others from The Suicide Squad and character is really good.

It will come to the UK eventually and as it's HBO I expect it will be sky who get it so keep an eye out for it
  • Options
    Enjoying watching the second series of Traces on Alibi.
  • Options
    Carter said:

I'm all caught up on both. Yellowstone is class, must cost a fortune to produce but is gold-tier tv. Some really good characters to get to know and they aren't afraid of killing the main cast members either 
    Watched the first episode of 1883 last night & I definitely wasn't disappointed!! Yeah you're right, the budget per episode must be more than a lot of films. A Valyrian Steel era of TV!!
  • Options
    Any superhero series fans with access to the streaming apps that may or may not be legal should check out Peacemaker, blows anything Disney have produced Tv series wise our the water.

Every episode is great the show opening is the best of any series in recent times, all episodes written by James Gunn and most are directed by him too, stars John Cena and others from The Suicide Squad and character is really good.

It will come to the UK eventually and as it's HBO I expect it will be sky who get it so keep an eye out for it
    Yeah I've read about it, sounds good. What do you watch it on? I've got the Cinema HD app on my Amazon Fire Stick, but couldn't find the first episode on there.
  • Options
    My IPTV won’t play episode 6 or 7 of 1883, it’s infuriating.
  • Options
    Had the same issue.

Have you tried Super flix?
    Works on there.
  • Options
    Had the same issue.

Have you tried Super flix?
    Works on there.
    He won't have SuperFlix  ;)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2022
    Just watched the new Louis Theroux. Crazy the following those nutjobs have.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    who was she in Enders ?

• Options
    Croydon said:
    Just watched the new Louis Theroux. Crazy the following those nutjobs have.
    And how they are more than willing to go more extreme with their views to get more money/followers, who in turn encourage them to go further still.

His lockdown podcasts were brilliant if anyone hasn't listened to them. Think I actually prefered the ones with people I knew little to nothing about, like Sia.
  • Options

Yeah I've read about it, sounds good. What do you watch it on? I've got the Cinema HD app on my Amazon Fire Stick, but couldn't find the first episode on there.
    I use an app called syncler with real debrid, gets me pretty much anything I want to watch.
  • Options
    Dopesick on Disney+ is very good, focuses on America's struggle with opioid addiction and the bastard pharmacy company pushing the drug, OxyContin.

1 episode left (of 8), can't wait to see the outcome.

Good cast as well, including Michael Keaton who is also one of the Executive Producers.
  • Options
    Macronate said:
    Dopesick on Disney+ is very good, focuses on America's struggle with opioid addiction and the bastard pharmacy company pushing the drug, OxyContin.

1 episode left (of 8), can't wait to see the outcome.

Good cast as well, including Michael Keaton who is also one of the Executive Producers.
    Very good, really enjoyed this. 
  • Options
    3 episodes into the responder. Really good and Freeman is fantastic. Bit different from the usual tepid BBC shite. Hope it doesn’t tail off.
  • Options
    Really enjoyed The Responder, Freeman’s character is quality.

Written by a former Liverpool police officer.
  • Options
    Windy said:
    Just watching Band of Brothers again on Sky Atlantic. Aged really well, still my favourite TV series. Sorry if wrong thread.
    One of the best of all time. Superb series