Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New Tv series (REMEMBER: No Spoilers)

Comments

• Options
    Peaky Blinders is my current binge, although only 2 episodes in.
  • Options
    Anyone watched Wu-Tang:An American saga?

Watched some of the first episode and thought it looked pretty good.
  • Options
    Totally superb 
  • Options
    PWR:

Anyone seen "The woman in the house across the street....." ?
    Is it worth spending an evening or two watching it ?
  • Options
    For Matt Groening fans series 4 of Disenchantment is on Netflix from today.
  • Options
    stonemuse said:
    Totally superb 
    It is indeed although I thought the last series was a big disappointment. 
  • Options
    PWR:

I haven't, although getting alot of good reviews from my twitter followers, sounds like its worth a watch. 
  • Options
    PWR:

I lasted 20 minutes. 
  • Options
    stonemuse said:
    Totally superb 
    It is indeed although I thought the last series was a big disappointment. 
    Agreed. I'm looking forward to this last series but also not expecting too much. Especially after the very sad death of Helen McCrory. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    PWR:

I lasted 20 minutes. 
    What's that got to do with watching a film.....:-)
    I just tee them up…………🤣
  • Options
    One for the Narco's fans, things have moved on from lorries & planes.

Capturing a semi-submersible loaded with cocaine - BBC News
  • Options
    ^^ quite enjoyed it too, bit quirky with some funny moments. Will probably binge watch the rest.
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    First episode into the new Ozark series and it's not gripping me at all.

Reminded instantly of why I don't like Marty's son.
    Finished the first half of s4, not a fan at all. Completely lost its way imo, totally unbelievable storylines that make no sense. 
  • Options
    Really can’t make up my mind on the woman across the street etc. only half hour an episode so will probably watch it all. 

Started the curse, so far so good. Bit of a Tom Davis fanboy but finding his voice grating in episode one. 

Massive shout out for Dopesick though, brilliant if scary and depressing. 
  • Options
    Isn't The Woman From Across The Street, etc, a spoof of The Woman In The Window from last year with Amy Adams and Gary Oldman? Which, in turn, was a remake of Rear Window.
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Croydon said:

Finished the first half of s4, not a fan at all. Completely lost its way imo, totally unbelievable storylines that make no sense. 
    Agreed. I'm all up to speed with it and will finish it as too far in now but it does seem to have gone a bit wonky.

Peaky Blinders started veeeeeeery slowly. Have since finished season 1 and will plough through most of season 2 this evening.
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Croydon said:

Agreed. I'm all up to speed with it and will finish it as too far in now but it does seem to have gone a bit wonky.

Peaky Blinders started veeeeeeery slowly. Have since finished season 1 and will plough through most of season 2 this evening.
    Gave up on peaky Blinders after season 4 or 5

• Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Croydon said:
    Croydon said:

Gave up on peaky Blinders after season 4 or 5

If it was 5 then you watched it all.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Croydon said:
    Croydon said:

Stick with PB as season 4 is excellent, Adrian Brody in particular. Season 3 is a bit Ozarky, as it just over reaches a bit on the probability.
  • Options
    Noooooo!!!

Adrian Brody was awful
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Noooooo!!!

Adrian Brody was awful
    Yeah embarrassingly bad. Like he was a spoof character 
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    MrOneLung said:
    Noooooo!!!

Adrian Brody was awful
    Yeah embarrassingly bad. Like he was a spoof character 
    Fit right in with Arthur and Alfie then. Half the cast are a parody!  :D
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    Finished Reacher on Amazon.
    Very enjoyable series, infinitely better than the films.
    Much truer to the book too.
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Croydon said:

Thanks. I 've only watched teh first episode and found myself glancing at the phone frequently. I've enjoyed parts of the previous seasons but never been really convinced despite it being a set up that ticks a lot of my boxes. I don't think I'll bother with the remainder, too many other good things to watch/read/listen to.
  • Options
    Finished watching No Return last night, really enjoyed it. Sheridan Smith plays the mother of a 16 year old boy arrested for sexual assault on a 15 year old boy whilst on a family holiday in Turkey.
  • Options
    Watched the last episode of Boba Fett with Santa Jr last night. Jr enjoyed it but I thought it was a complete mess, especially compared to the recent standalone Mandolorian  episode.
  • Options
    Watched the last episode of Boba Fett with Santa Jr last night. Jr enjoyed it but I thought it was a complete mess, especially compared to the recent standalone Mandolorian  episode.
    Yeah I thought it stood out as poor. The Mandalorian is gold standard but I feel they found a character like Boba Fett was there to be used and then they ran out of ideas incredibly quickly about what to do with him 

I won't be gutted if they drop book of Boba Fett 
  • Options
    Carter said:
    Yeah I thought it stood out as poor. The Mandalorian is gold standard but I feel they found a character like Boba Fett was there to be used and then they ran out of ideas incredibly quickly about what to do with him 

I won't be gutted if they drop book of Boba Fett 
    Hard to explain what was so wrong about this series. Acting, script, story, set pieces were all just really weak. A couple of better episodes that didn't feature the title character. Overall an underwhelming mess.