Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New Tv series (REMEMBER: No Spoilers)

Comments

• Options
    'The Promise' .. subtitled French cops on BBC4/iPlayer ,, decent and made better by a collection  of French femme fatales 
    Indeed, our latest favourite series. 
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    Anyone watched the Tinder Swindler? I assumed it would be a load of crap given my girlfriend picked it, but the first 45 minutes has kept my interest (then fell asleep).
    I mean its ok, watchable but i wouldn't rave about it. Its quite incredible but it does feel dragged out, you wont miss much by not seeing it.  By incredible, i mean the story and the front of the guy. 
  • Options
    Watched first episode of “No Return”……the new ‘drama’ with Sheridan Smith on ITV. It is laughably bad. 

The local Turkish lawyer character is soooooo bad he almost saves it. 
    "Da boy is full of..............how you say in England?"

"Spunk"

"yes, that is it"

We still enjoyed it though however Smith does grate on me.
    The usual rubbish acting from Sheridan Smith aside (have just finished her crap performance in The Teacher), the story is quite interesting. The lawyer is intentionally OTT though surely..... 
  • Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7v1hIkYH24

First Teaser trailer for the new "Rings of Power" Tolkien show which is being produced by Amazon prime. 
    The complete meltdown from Tolkien fans about this show is hilarious. A good number not happy that a completely fictional world has black people in it apparently.

I'm a big fan of his work but if they make reallu great show set within the same world then I don't really care about the fecking "lore". 
    I don't think anyone's problem with it is that it has black people in it  :D I'm a bit worried about the show tbh but the reaction online was pretty OTT, but same thing happens with all the big media franchises like Star Wars
  • Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7v1hIkYH24

First Teaser trailer for the new "Rings of Power" Tolkien show which is being produced by Amazon prime. 
    The complete meltdown from Tolkien fans about this show is hilarious. A good number not happy that a completely fictional world has black people in it apparently.

I'm a big fan of his work but if they make reallu great show set within the same world then I don't really care about the fecking "lore". 
    I don't think anyone's problem with it is that it has black people in it  :D I'm a bit worried about the show tbh but the reaction online was pretty OTT, but same thing happens with all the big media franchises like Star Wars
    The thing is from the comments I have read plenty of people do have a real problem with it in respect to this show. To them Tolkien's works never described elves/dwarves etc... as having dark skin so their argument is why are there characters in the show like it. Plenty accusing Amazon of box ticking.  They also don't like them having short hair apparently.

Odd bunch these hard-core fans but they'd probably call me a casual as I've only read the books a few times!
  • Options
    Watched the second season of Alex Rider the other day

Didnt realise that Amazon had renewed, and that it had been released back in December.

Was a good bit of fun, continuing on from the First Season

Much better than the film.
  • Options

Didnt realise that Amazon had renewed, and that it had been released back in December.

Is this different to the show which was on channel 4 recently?
  • Options
    Just watched the first two episodes of Reacher on Prime . Absolutely loved them . Reacher as he should be - A massive unit 
    I finished it over the weekend, loved it.
  • Options

Is this different to the show which was on channel 4 recently?
    Didnt realise it had been on C4

Just checked here, and it looks like they've recently shown Season One

https://www.channel4.com/programmes/alex-rider
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just watched the first two episodes of Reacher on Prime . Absolutely loved them . Reacher as he should be - A massive unit 
    Gonna have to get into this. 
    Massive fan of the books although they have had a diminishing return of late. 

I first started reading the books (around 2000-2001 I suppose) and the image I had of him in my head was that Reacher was like a Lawrence Dallaglio type person. 
  • Options
    Jessie said:
    I've started watching Succession this week and got totally hooked. Actually I watched the first three episodes back when it was just aired in 2019. I thought the first episode was mind-blowing but somehow didn't continue as every single character in the series was so dislikable. But this time I've realised it really is GREAT. The dialogues are so well-written. Also I'm beginning to like Kendall and Shiv. And the title theme is so good that it has become an earworm for me.

Peaky Blinders... When I finished Boardwalk Empire a couple of years ago I started to watch Peaky Blinders but simply couldn't get into it. It seemed so pretentious... I guess I'm very much in the minority regarding views on this series.
    Love Succession, love the shitty characters, love the theme. It's also written in South London, just down the road from us in Brixton. 
    I'm on episode 5 season 2 and absolutely loving it. There's a short interview of Jesse Armstrong at the end of each episode of season 2 and I was surprised to know that he is a Brit!! Considering this is set in the US, the writer/creator being British really was a big surprise.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

I first started reading the books (around 2000-2001 I suppose) and the image I had of him in my head was that Reacher was like a Lawrence Dallaglio type person. 
    You won't be disappointed. Alan Ritchson (Reacher) makes Dillaglio look like Jimmy Kranky.
  • Options
    Might have to get a free month trial of prime to watch Reacher - Alan Ritchson certainly looks the part for the character!
  • Options
    Jessie said:
    Jessie said:
    I've started watching Succession this week and got totally hooked. Actually I watched the first three episodes back when it was just aired in 2019. I thought the first episode was mind-blowing but somehow didn't continue as every single character in the series was so dislikable. But this time I've realised it really is GREAT. The dialogues are so well-written. Also I'm beginning to like Kendall and Shiv. And the title theme is so good that it has become an earworm for me.

Peaky Blinders... When I finished Boardwalk Empire a couple of years ago I started to watch Peaky Blinders but simply couldn't get into it. It seemed so pretentious... I guess I'm very much in the minority regarding views on this series.
    Love Succession, love the shitty characters, love the theme. It's also written in South London, just down the road from us in Brixton. 
    I'm on episode 5 season 2 and absolutely loving it. There's a short interview of Jesse Armstrong at the end of each episode of season 2 and I was surprised to know that he is a Brit!! Considering this is set in the US, the writer/creator being British really was a big surprise.
    He's also responsible for one of my favourite ever sitcoms in Peep Show. 
  • Options
    Jessie said:
    Jessie said:

Yeah, I think he worked on some of Veep, so I guess he's used to writing for US series. We saw him at the train station the other day, should have begged him for a writing gig! 😬 Enjoy the rest of the seasons, some crazy stuff coming up! 
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

You won't be disappointed. Alan Ritchson (Reacher) makes Dillaglio look like Jimmy Kranky.
    The first time he took his shirt off in it even I let off a “Jesus Christ”
  • Options
    Gonna have to buck the trend and say I binned Reacher after two episodes. Have not read the books so maybe I am missing something but I found the corny one liners, the plot, the characters and the acting shocking. 
  • Options
    Have to say we are really enjoying ‘This Is Going To Hurt’. Plenty of laugh out loud moments and just generally very amusing.
  • Options
    New Peaky Blinders starts Feb 27.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Has anyone watched 1883 on HBO & can recommend it? I believe its a new US Western/Wild West tv series. Thanks

• Options
    edited February 2022
    Have to say we are really enjoying ‘This Is Going To Hurt’. Plenty of laugh out loud moments and just generally very amusing.
    Yeah we started it last night, watched the first two episodes & are loving it. It's scary to think that's how bad the NHS is. Looks like it is filmed at St Thomas's, can anyone confirm?
  • Options
    Has anyone watched 1883 on HBO & can recommend it? I believe its a new US Western/Wild West tv series. Thanks

I have been watching it and it's excellent. Well worth a watch.
    It's a prequel to Yellowstone, which I haven't watched.

Episode release is a bit sporadic though
  • Options
    Nearly finished season 3 of Peaky Blinders. Does it get progressively worse/silly after season 2, as it seems?
  • Options
    Nearly finished season 3 of Peaky Blinders. Does it get progressively worse/silly after season 2, as it seems?
    In my opinion it does, that said I was pretty bought in to the characters so still found it enjoyable based on that. 
  • Options
    Has anyone watched Goliath? Am looking for a decent box set and the story lines seems ok.
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    Finished This is Going to Hurt now.

Spoiler below as it relates to a later episode.  Brilliant show.

Shruti's suicide hit like a truck.  Christ.

Really dark, and raw, but brilliantly done.  I like that there weren't that many clues beyond she's tired, she's stressed but they all are.  

Thought it was very brave to go in that direction rather than the more "look at the daft things people do!" elements of the book.

• Options
    Has anyone watched Goliath? Am looking for a decent box set and the story lines seems ok.
    Just finished Goliath. Very watchable without being brilliant. Season 3 is a bit slow.
  • Options
    Yeah we started it last night, watched the first two episodes & are loving it. It's scary to think that's how bad the NHS is. Looks like it is filmed at St Thomas's, can anyone confirm?
    Read that it was a custom built set - covid meant they couldn't use anywhere in a real hospital.
  • Options
    In my opinion it does, that said I was pretty bought in to the characters so still found it enjoyable based on that. 
    That's it for me too ... still enjoyed watching it