Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New Tv series (REMEMBER: No Spoilers)

Comments

• Options
    Unbelievably good series.
  • Options
    3 episodes into the responder. Really good and Freeman is fantastic. Bit different from the usual tepid BBC shite. Hope it doesn’t tail off.
    Not a big fan of Freeman but he was impressive in this 
  • Options
    Windy said:
    Just watching Band of Brothers again on Sky Atlantic. Aged really well, still my favourite TV series. Sorry if wrong thread.
    In my top 5 of all time 
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    Chloe is worth a watch. Really gets under your skin, despite the fact that non of the characters are remotely likeable. 
    BBC. 
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    Have to say we are really enjoying ‘This Is Going To Hurt’. Plenty of laugh out loud moments and just generally very amusing.
    Yeah we started it last night, watched the first two episodes & are loving it. It's scary to think that's how bad the NHS is. Looks like it is filmed at St Thomas's, can anyone confirm?
    I could be wrong, but I suspect it’s filmed in a studio. Some exteriors may have been filmed at a hospital though. (Haven’t see it yet) Have done some filming on the sets of police, prison and hospital dramas, and they do make the sets look extremely realistic. 
    Also, I’m not sure you’d be able to disrupt a hospital to shoot a drama (which takes much longer that you think to film normally). It’s hard enough to get permission to film a news piece, which might only take an hour from start to finish, or even less, (involving two or three crew max, including the reporter).
    And if it shows the NHS in a bad light, for whatever reason, they’d definitely not get permission. 
  • Options
    Windy said:
    Just watching Band of Brothers again on Sky Atlantic. Aged really well, still my favourite TV series. Sorry if wrong thread.
    In my top 5 of all time 
    Same I think.

West Wing and Sopranos are probably my top 2, then Band of Brothers may well be third.

Game of Thrones was up there too until it went downhill!
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    Have to say we are really enjoying ‘This Is Going To Hurt’. Plenty of laugh out loud moments and just generally very amusing.
    Yeah we started it last night, watched the first two episodes & are loving it. It's scary to think that's how bad the NHS is. Looks like it is filmed at St Thomas's, can anyone confirm?
    I could be wrong, but I suspect it’s filmed in a studio. Some exteriors may have been filmed at a hospital though. (Haven’t see it yet) Have done some filming on the sets of police, prison and hospital dramas, and they do make the sets look extremely realistic. 
    Also, I’m not sure you’d be able to disrupt a hospital to shoot a drama (which takes much longer that you think to film normally). It’s hard enough to get permission to film a news piece, which might only take an hour from start to finish, or even less, (involving two or three crew max, including the reporter).
    And if it shows the NHS in a bad light, for whatever reason, they’d definitely not get permission. 
    Much of this series is filmed in a real working hospital. Funnily enough I was working there myself in 2006 when this is supposed to be staged. The same entrance, access ramp and car park featured in the last series of Luther. The maternity ward and theatres may be mock ups (one looks like any other) but the staircase which features often is definitely in the same hospital.

Hospitals sometimes still hire out to film makers (not as easy as a few years ago when there were more empty wards and buildings). 
  • Options
    N
     .op
  • Options
    Windy said:
    In my top 5 of all time 
    Has anyone watched The Pacific? I loved Band of Brothers but only watched one episode of The Pacific a few years ago and forgot to continue. I thought about picking it up again the other day but got hooked on Succession instead.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    So I'm 2 series into Dexter and loving it.
    Question for those that have watched it all. Does it keep up the high levels for all 9! Series?
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    Much of this series is filmed in a real working hospital. Funnily enough I was working there myself in 2006 when this is supposed to be staged. The same entrance, access ramp and car park featured in the last series of Luther. The maternity ward and theatres may be mock ups (one looks like any other) but the staircase which features often is definitely in the same hospital.

Hospitals sometimes still hire out to film makers (not as easy as a few years ago when there were more empty wards and buildings). 
    Used to love watching Minder for the exterior locations, one of which, The Winchester Club, was near where I used to live near Chalk Farm. Terry and Arthur would walk up Adelaide Road to the entrance of the club, which was quite close to the tube station. And then they'd walk up to the bar and Dave would pour the drinks (and never get paid for them). Back in those days they was a huge difference in quality between the exterior footage shot on film, and the interior scenes filmed on video. Top show back then.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

Believe its a disused hospital in Mile End 
  • Options
    Question for those that have watched it all. Does it keep up the high levels for all 9! Series?
    Perhaps not all 9 but it’s really good throughout. 
    Are you on the series with John Lithgow? That’s was one of the best tv series ever imo. 
  • Options
    Valley11 said:
    Are you on the series with John Lithgow? That’s was one of the best tv series ever imo. 
    Not yet.
  • Options
    Valley11 said:
    Not yet.
    Just checked, that’s season 4. Excellent 
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    Jessie said:
    Windy said:
    In my top 5 of all time 
    Has anyone watched The Pacific? I loved Band of Brothers but only watched one episode of The Pacific a few years ago and forgot to continue. I thought about picking it up again the other day but got hooked on Succession instead.
    It's very good and worth watching, but not a shade on Band of Brothers.
    Croydon said:
    Chunes said:
    Jessie said:
    Windy said:
    In my top 5 of all time 
    It's very good and worth watching, but not a shade on Band of Brothers.
    I didn't feel as though the stories of the individual characters were as engaging as they were within  Easy Company. 

It is great at showing just how relentlessly brutal the war was in that region though.
    Thanks! Guess I'll still watch it. Just need to lower my expectations a bit.
  • Options
    The Pacific was magnificent, the John Basilone story on its own makes the series worthwhile. I think Band of Brothers gave you much more of a connection with Easy Company than the Pacific does with their characters but excels with Bob Leckie and John Basilone 

On the advice of here I tried to watch The Suicide Squad as the first few minutes of Peacemaker just bent my head, made me laugh but bent my head. What on earth is going in in that film, truly fucking mental 

Hopefully another 1883 episode to feed my addiction to the Dutton family tonight, I'm a branded man
  • Options
    Finished Chloe. 
    Really enjoyed it. Erin Doherty is phenomenal. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Started All of Us Are Dead. The usual zombie stuff but great fun.
  • Options
    No.

S3 is very good.
    S4 the best.
    S5 decent.

Goes downhill from there.
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    Croydon said:
    New series of The Sinner out this month on Netflix

With Afterlife and Ozark coming too, it's a decent start to the year.
    ladyromford and I only discovered The Sinner just last week. Only tried it because she likes Bill Pullman. Swept through season one in no time. Very good. 4 episodes into season 2 now. Glad there’s another 2 seasons to look forward to!
    Apologies for quoting myself here, but we just finished The Sinner season 3.

I’ve got to say - we found it hard going. First two seasons were really gripping and kept us interested all the way through. The plots were clever and there were some smart twists and turns, but on top of that, Harry’s character drove the show - he was interesting, astute, empathetic, brave and insightful while being seriously flawed and vulnerable and we really felt for him. 
    In this season the plot was crap and Harry was, for some reason, a liability and pretty useless. He got everything slightly wrong, made stupid decisions and made a massive mess of the case. He was also constantly an utter bellend to the copper who kept trying to help him. Not in a way where you think “Oh, but he is going through some stuff”, but just obnoxiously aloof arseholey behaviour. If that’s what they wanted his character to be, why did they make him so different in the first two seasons, where you did think “Oh, but he’s going through some stuff”.
    Apart from the irritating element of the hero of the story suddenly becoming a dick, the antagonist was also completely unlikeable without being interesting enough to care what happened to him. To be fair, the acting from Bill Pullman and Matt Bomer was decent enough but the story and the character development just left us both cold. We trudged through the second half of the season in the hope that it would get better (which it never did) or that it might give some insight into a (hopefully improved) season 4 (which it may yet do). In the end, I think we were supposed to feel the pain Harry was going through. Personally, I didn’t give a shit. I think the writers thought they were being clever. We felt they just alienated us.

We really looked forward to season 3, but we’re heading into season 4 with our expectations seriously lowered. Maybe it was our fault for expecting too much? 🤔

A real shame. I’ll let you all know what we think of season 4 once we’re done!
  • Options
    I won’t obviously spoil anything but stick with the sinner series 4 it takes a while to get going, once it does it’s very good. 
  • Options
    Agree, Sinner season 4 is excellent. Reacher was pretty good as well, although all the violence is ridiculous! 
  • Options
    I won’t obviously spoil anything but stick with the sinner series 4 it takes a while to get going, once it does it’s very good. 
    Agree, Sinner season 4 is excellent. Reacher was pretty good as well, although all the violence is ridiculous! 
    What did you two think of season 3? Was it just me and my wife that didn’t enjoy it? Maybe we missed the point?
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    If anyone watched Chloe and at the end thought wtf was that all about, here's your answer/spoiler.
    https://www.digitalspy.com/tv/a39159803/chloe-ending-explained/
    Having read that it seems that I did understand what had gone on and the conclusion, was that there were very few conclusions.
    I'm presuming there may be a second series, but I did have the feeling that I'd wasted 6 hours of my life.
  • Options
    Personally I didn't think there was any confusion with the ending of Chloe. 

When the series started I wrote on this thread saying it was nice to not be spoon fed a plot and instead you were left to fill in some blanks yourself and keep second guessing why certain things were happening but I felt they were all cleared up in the last episode. 

Maybe I’m in the minority with that. 
  • Options
    What did you two think of season 3? Was it just me and my wife that didn’t enjoy it? Maybe we missed the point?
    Yeah it’s a while since me & the mrs watched series three, you’re prob correct though. 
  • Options
    Very late to this particular party but……

All episodes of Killing Eve are now on RTEPlayer & I’ve watched the first two episodes.
    I’m not gripped yet.
    I like both female lead characters, I like the music, I really like Jody Cromers fashion.

But knowing there are quite a few series I’m struggling to imagine how?

Is it worth sticking with?