Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New Tv series (REMEMBER: No Spoilers)

Comments

• Options
    TEL said:
    Just finished a few series

"Hanna" Season three...this just got better and better....think they tied it up fairly well in the end.

"The Expanse"...definitely didn't want this to end....bloody excellent

"The Tower" Good acting but a bit predictable

Still watching Alex Rider....got to say it is good. If only they dropped the pretence of him being a schoolboy...hes 24 going on 30. Him being a kid brings nothing to the tale.

Zero Zero Zero was on SBS on demand if anyone was interested still...its free

Completely agree re The Expanse. Wasn't expecting much when I started watching it but it's easily on my top 5 series I've ever watched.

Currently watching Ozark as had never watched any of it before. Season one nearly had me turning off a fair few times. Glad I've stuck with it as season two is much better.
    Wait till you get to season 3. Terrific stuff. 
  • Options
    TEL said:

"Hanna" Season three...this just got better and better....think they tied it up fairly well in the end.

Still watching Alex Rider....got to say it is good. If only they dropped the pretence of him being a schoolboy...hes 24 going on 30. Him being a kid brings nothing to the tale.

Completely agree re The Expanse. Wasn't expecting much when I started watching it but it's easily on my top 5 series I've ever watched.

Currently watching Ozark as had never watched any of it before. Season one nearly had me turning off a fair few times. Glad I've stuck with it as season two is much better.
    Just finished season 2 so will be into season 3 within the next half an hour  :D
  • Options
    Well I'm about 4 or 5 into Dexter.
    A series I've always fancied but never really got as far as giving it a go. Been excellent so far.
  • Options
    I started with The Expanse but it felt like was watching something on Channel 5 or that cheap Sci Fi channel. I’ll try it again.
  • Options
    Spent the last few weeks re-watching the first 5 seasons of The Expanse before watching the sixth. Glad I did as I'd forgotten a lot of stuff. Absolutely love it.

Gutted it has finished. Planning to try the books as the story continues.
  • Options
    Been watching Yellowstone on Amazon Prime. Keven Costner back in the cowboy chaps and being a pretty mean bastard. Everybody on the ranch hates everybody else (just like they did in Dallas) and tourists from the Far East really have a rough time of it. Scenery is good though and am enjoying the story lines.
  • Options
    Really enjoyed first two episodes of Ozark season 4. Navaro's son is going to be a good character.

• Options
    TEL said:

Apart from the new character in Season 3. He nearly ruined that season for me.
  • Options
    TEL said:

Which one? the brother or Tommy from 'Power'?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2022
    Just finished the dark Norwegian- German political drama Furia, and its one of the best Scandis I’ve seen for a while. Half way through, the setting shifts from rural Norway to Berlin and the action ramps up with it. As usual with the Norwegians some difficult real- life questions are posed to further unsettle the viewer. 

I watched it on VPN on the excellent free-to-air SBS, but it might appear elsewhere.
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    Really enjoyed first two episodes of Ozark season 4. Navaro's son is going to be a good character.

His nephew will be better....
    Ha - that's the one.

Without mentioning any spoilers for anyone who hasn't seen Ozark at all - i'm still upset that the OG bad guy isn't with us anymore. He was a good character.
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    TEL said:

The brother. One of those guys introduced just to mess everything up with no real congruence to the plot line up until his introduction. 
  • Options
    TEL said:

The brother. One of those guys introduced just to mess everything up with no real congruence to the plot line up until his introduction. 
    I said this at the time. Totally changed Ruth’s character and no way she would have acted how she did with him. 
  • Options
    I love the way Ruth dropped the C-bomb in the last episode. It went on for ages.
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    Up to episode 5. This season is getting better and better.

I like that, despite probably having a bigger budget, the show hasn't lost its focus.
  • Options
    I'm on to episode 9 of 'All Of Us Are Dead'. It's been really entertaining actually, it's a bit cheesy and OTT but that helps it flow quickly and makes it an addictive watch.
  • Options
    And I'm all caught up with Ozark. Up there with the best seasons.
  • Options
    Reacher on Amazon is a much better adaptation of the Lee Child books than the two Tom Cruise films - worth a watch.
  • Options
    I'm watching Yellowstone alongside 1883 

Both are excellent in their own ways. Yellowstone has the slight feel of Sons Of Anarchy from the foreboding perspective but maybe thats from it being written by Sheriff Hale. Also the fact that a main protagonist whi clearly loves his son can't see how much of a nuisance they are due to a serious lack of boundaries 

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    First episode into the new Ozark series and it's not gripping me at all.

Reminded instantly of why I don't like Marty's son.
  • Options
    Anyone watching the new BBC1 series " Chloe" ? 

We're into the 4th episode now & really enjoying it. 
  • Options

1st episode featured my favourite song - There is a Light, The Smiths.
    2nd episode ends with the theme tune from Luther - Paradise Circus, Massive Attack.
  • Options

Only seen the first 2 so far but it’s decent.
    Appreciate not being spoon fed the plot from the start, lots of gaps and keeping you guessing.
  • Options
    pickwick said:
    Reacher on Amazon is a much better adaptation of the Lee Child books than the two Tom Cruise films - worth a watch.
    Thanks for that.
    I didn’t even know they were doing a series.
    Always enjoyed the books and felt let down massively by the films. 
    I’m two episodes in to the series and it’s already infinitely better.
  • Options
    pickwick said:
    Thanks for that.
    The lead character being 6ft5 rather than 5ft6 helps! Definitely more in line with the books and enjoying it
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    pickwick said:
    Thanks for that.
    The lead character being 6ft5 rather than 5ft6 helps! Definitely more in line with the books and enjoying it
    We binged it and thoroughly enjoyed it. Some pretty gratuitous violence (doesn’t bother me personally) and the lead character was so wooden you could cry “timber!!!!” when he falls over. But regardless of that it was a lot of fun. Hopefully a series two in the offing. Excellent soundtrack too. Lots of decent blues music. 
  • Options
    Not new TV, but a great look at probably the most important public service station in the UK in the last 20 years, somewhere you can safely let the kids watch without ads or going down a hell hole on YouTube, and I would have given a joint first place to the top 2

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2022/feb/08/absolutely-breathtaking-tv-20-years-of-cbeebies-from-surreal-teletubbies-to-the-beauty-of-bluey 
  • Options

On the list - good to know you are enjoying it
  • Options
    pickwick said:
    Thanks for that.
    We binged it and thoroughly enjoyed it. Some pretty gratuitous violence (doesn’t bother me personally) and the lead character was so wooden you could cry “timber!!!!” when he falls over. But regardless of that it was a lot of fun. Hopefully a series two in the offing. Excellent soundtrack too. Lots of decent blues music. 
    Just started it and like the look so far. Reminds me a bit of the Punisher which was the dogs nuts.