Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New Tv series (REMEMBER: No Spoilers)

Comments

• Options
    Just finished Season 6 (the final season) of The Expanse, on Amazon. Brilliant space opera, good effects, great characters. If you like sci-fi, this is a must!
  • Options
    Just finished Season 6 (the final season) of The Expanse, on Amazon. Brilliant space opera, good effects, great characters. If you like sci-fi, this is a must!
    Agreed. Never warmed to James Holden at all, though. That character could have been cast better.

Beltalowda!!!! 😁
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    2nd series of Cheer now on Netflix. Highly recommend it for anyone who enjoys US sports mini series like Last Chance U, QB1 etc
    Just finished watching the second series of Cheer. A lot darker than the first series given the issues it has to deal with. Incredible athleticism as in the first series.
    I've got the Jerry episode next up.
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Croydon said:
    2nd series of Cheer now on Netflix. Highly recommend it for anyone who enjoys US sports mini series like Last Chance U, QB1 etc
    Just finished watching the second series of Cheer. A lot darker than the first series given the issues it has to deal with. Incredible athleticism as in the first series.
    I've got the Jerry episode next up.
    It’s, interesting…

I think Monica’s attitude to the situation was a bit odd, not sure I would have let my kids be interviewed for the series had they gone through what the twins allegedly did either. 
  • Options
    Anyone disappointed with Trigger Point? We turned it off after about 15 minutes
  • Options
    Another ITV drama with poor acting, poor storyline, where they appear to be choosing actors to tick boxes. 
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    What a load of tosh that was. I managed to last until the end, mainly because the remote was of of reach and I couldn’t be bothered to get up. 
  • Options
    Steamed through the horror series Archive 81 on Netflix, a bit silly at times, as these things often are, but I enjoyed it. The actress in the found footage reminded me of a young Keeley Hawes. Now on the second ep of the new series of Ozark.
  • Options
    First episode of Ozark didn’t disappoint. Set up nicely for more barmy goings on. 
    Good news - I binged in the first 3 seasons over a few days. Looking forward to watching this. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Finished zerozerozero 
    Very good 
  • Options
    What a load of tosh that was. I managed to last until the end, mainly because the remote was of of reach and I could be bothered to get up. 
    bang average (no pun intended)

The end of the first episode was so obvious, me and the missus both called it 10 minutes before

as for the light switch - even we knew not to do that

will persevere and hope it improves as the story develops
  • Options
    First episode of Ozark didn’t disappoint. Set up nicely for more barmy goings on. 
    Good news - I binged in the first 3 seasons over a few days. Looking forward to watching this. 
    I binged all seven episodes over the weekend. It’s terrific. Absolute hokum of course but brilliantly done. Expect a few surprises……
  • Options
    I binged all seven episodes over the weekend. It’s terrific. Absolute hokum of course but brilliantly done. Expect a few surprises……
    Excellent - I’m just about to sit down and watch it now. I see there is also another 7 episodes to follow later in the year and that will be the end of it. 
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    What a load of tosh that was. I managed to last until the end, mainly because the remote was of of reach and I could be bothered to get up. 

The end of the first episode was so obvious, me and the missus both called it 10 minutes before

we said exactly the same about the light switch, it was like she was a work experience girl shoved into the bomb squad.

was waiting for her to step on the pressure mat by the toilet.

will probably try next weeks to see
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

we said exactly the same about the light switch, it was like she was a work experience girl shoved into the bomb squad.

Disappointing.

Line of Duty builds up the tension, gradually. You can't do that on ITV because of the advert breaks.
  • Options
    Just seen that the new series of Billion starts tonight - no Damian Lewis though.
  • Options
    Boom said:
    Just seen that the new series of Billion starts tonight - no Damian Lewis though.
    I believe he chose not to extend his contract after the death of his wife.
  • Options
    they kept saying ‘shit’ and that is what it was. It was only the final two minutes that kept it alive. Will see if it improves next week.
  • Options
    Boom said:
    I believe he chose not to extend his contract after the death of his wife.
    Ah yeah - forgot about that.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just finished The Tourist, thought it was very good - pretty alternative..
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

Same about the light switch; lost credibility early on
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    The Responder BBC1 9pm - just finished.
    Martin Freeman as a unique/rogue/troubled cop.
    It was very good.
  • Options
    It was very good.
    Knocked Trigger Point into a cocked hat.
  • Options
    It was very good.
    I really enjoyed it too. Good to see Freeman in a different role and seems a good chance for him to show more of his ability, not just playing the afable character like he often does.
  • Options
    Just finished The Tourist, thought it was very good - pretty alternative..
    I liked that it didn't have a perfect happy ending for the characters at the end, which is a nice change.
  • Options
    It was very good.
    Watched the first 2. Very good. Freeman is excellent. 
  • Options
    Binged the latest series of Ozark over a couple of days. Very good, sets it up nicely for Part 2 later this year. I don't think it was as good as Season 3 but still good tv. 

We just finished episode 1 of Trigger Point. Looks like I'm not alone but what a waste of time. I might give Episode 2 a quick try as I guess it finished ok. 
  • Options
    Trigger Point - the light switch moment, oh dear. The Responder is in another league. Freeman appears to have nailed the accent and scouseisms. Haven't heard some of them since Brookside in its heyday. 
  • Options
    @Jessie I finished Snowfall last night. Fantastic series and hope you're enjoying it. Really looking forward to season 5 now.