Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New Tv series (REMEMBER: No Spoilers)

Comments

• Options
    Halfway through Stay Close.

Decent enough except for the weird dancing couple, too bizarre and League of Gentlemeny to take seriously for me.
  • Options
    I have just finished the Tourist.
    What an absolute pile of shite. That’s six hours of my life I have wasted.
    Oh good.  I thought it was just me
  • Options
    I have just finished the Tourist.
    What an absolute pile of shite. That’s six hours of my life I have wasted.
    Oh good.  I thought it was just me
    I really enjoyed it - thought it was a really good watch.
  • Options
    Just started Mayor of Kingstown. Good first episode
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    Watched The Stranger (Harlan Coben) on Netflix after a fair few mentions on here.
    Great little series.

Decent enough except for the weird dancing couple, too bizarre and League of Gentlemeny to take seriously for me.
    I haven’t tried Stay Close yet. I might, but I have to say, after strong starts in both of the previous Harlan Coben series I’ve seen (‘Safe’ and ‘The Stranger’), I felt the stories just got a bit silly and were too peppered with unexplained weird behaviours, complete irrelevancies and idiotic coincidences. The number of ridiculous loose ends just left hanging in The Stranger was just dreadful. It was like he just couldn’t be bothered to tie them up.
    I do appreciate the value of a good red herring, but they need to be used sparingly. The Stranger had so many I started wondering if it was filmed in Billingsgate.
  • Options
    This is going to be controversial, but maybe as i dont know much about the event itself. I have watched nearly two episodes of Anne, i cant really get into it. Would like to educate myself on the event but combination of poor acting, annoying and just every time i have tried to put it on its not grabbed me.

Maybe i am being a little bit ignorant here, but just wanted to see what others thought?
  • Options
    This is going to be controversial, but maybe as i dont know much about the event itself. I have watched nearly two episodes of Anne, i cant really get into it. Would like to educate myself on the event but combination of poor acting, annoying and just every time i have tried to put it on its not grabbed me.

Maybe i am being a little bit ignorant here, but just wanted to see what others thought?
    I wouldn’t say it’s that controversial. ITV dramas have been crap for years now. BBC isn’t much better. 
  • Options
    Half way through the Witcher Season 2. It’s good but not the easiest to follow. Another series I find better if you read online episode reviews.
    Have you noticed the little mini clips they have added to explain characters and what some of the monsters and story lines are about. it helped a lot as I love it but didnt fully understand it.
  • Options
    Just finished both Red Election and Temple, both very, very good.

Also finished War of the Worlds, after a slow start to season 2 it became very good, a real twist to what we have come to expect from previous War of the Worlds stories.

• Options
    Watched The Stranger (Harlan Coben) on Netflix after a fair few mentions on here.
    Great little series.

I haven’t tried Stay Close yet. I might, but I have to say, after strong starts in both of the previous Harlan Coben series I’ve seen (‘Safe’ and ‘The Stranger’), I felt the stories just got a bit silly and were too peppered with unexplained weird behaviours, complete irrelevancies and idiotic coincidences. The number of ridiculous loose ends just left hanging in The Stranger was just dreadful. It was like he just couldn’t be bothered to tie them up.
    I do appreciate the value of a good red herring, but they need to be used sparingly. The Stranger had so many I started wondering if it was filmed in Billingsgate.
    I've not seen the Stranger but watched The Five & Safe.

Both pretty watchable but I agree, suspension of disbelief definitely needed.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    TEL said:
    Half way through the Witcher Season 2. It’s good but not the easiest to follow. Another series I find better if you read online episode reviews.
    Have you noticed the little mini clips they have added to explain characters and what some of the monsters and story lines are about. it helped a lot as I love it but didnt fully understand it.
    No? is that on Netlix?
  • Options
    Irvine Welsh's Crime....excellent crime drama based in and around Edinburgh. The main characters flawed personality is very watchable.

Bancroft.....I love the series, hate the woman playing the Bancroft character, very good over two series.
  • Options
    TEL said:
    No? is that on Netlix?
    Yes, there are 4-5 little mini documentaries....very helpful in understanding exactly whats happening
  • Options
    Nordic Noir lovers get yourself over to All 4 to watch Outlier. Norwegian drama about a long term serial killer. Excellent 8 parter. Thoroughly recommended. 
  • Options
    We are halfway through Stay Close and I'm struggling to stay interested - I have lost half the plot along the way as to who is who....

every time I've been doing something else and walk into the front room the missus is watching Emily In Paris (have found myself more interested in that ;)
  • Options
    Watched the first episode of Rules of the Game on BBC1 last night ....

.....and then stayed up until 2am watching the 3 others via iPlayer ! 

We thought it was superb with an outstanding performance from Maxine Peake. 

DEFINITELY worth the 4 hours & less sleep than usual  ! 
  • Options
    Boba Fett episode 3 was awful
  • Options
    TEL said:
    Irvine Welsh's Crime....excellent crime drama based in and around Edinburgh. The main characters flawed personality is very watchable.

Bancroft.....I love the series, hate the woman playing the Bancroft character, very good over two series.
    I loved Crime. And Guilt. Especially recognising places in Edinburgh
  • Options
    Watched the first episode of Rules of the Game on BBC1 last night ....

.....and then stayed up until 2am watching the 3 others via iPlayer ! 

We thought it was superb with an outstanding performance from Maxine Peake. 

DEFINITELY worth the 4 hours & less sleep than usual  ! 
    I was going to give it a miss as read mixed views. But my total faith in Fanny means I'll give it a watch
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    That chase scene where everyone pootles along in first gear wasn't the show's finest hour.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    se9addick said:
    That chase scene where everyone pootles along in first gear wasn't the show's finest hour.

It was the slowest high speed chase I’ve ever seen! That whole story line was dreadful though. 
  • Options
    se9addick said:

The whole show has been pretty awful so far. Lead actor must have studied tree stumps for hours to get into character 
  • Options
    First 2 episodes were really good, not sure what the deal was with number 3 maybe they needed to literally slow things down or it was an in-joke that I didn't get 

The evil big black wooky I very much like and admire his appetite for a rumble
  • Options
    TELTEL
    edited January 2022
    Finished the first season of Wheel of Time....loved it and cant wait for season 2 (Prime)

Just finished season 2 of The Witcher. Made all the more enjoyable now by the little mini films explaining whos who and whats what. (Netlfilx)

One for the foreign series lovers...

A French who dunnit called The Promise. Excellent acting and a great story line. The main character, Sofia Essaidi, adds to the appeal for those liking a bit of French eye candy.

Its available on SBS
  • Options
    Why is everything on Boba Fett so slow?

I put it down to the old fella playing Fettnot being able to keep up with the action?

Then again,Alec Guinness never slowed down star wars
  • Options
    se9addick said:

The whole show has been pretty awful so far. Lead actor must have studied tree stumps for hours to get into character 
    Don't think that's totally fair, I feel like Episode 1 + 2 were essentially one long prologue which overall was pretty good.

Ep 3 was crap though, I didn't mind the plot points overall but the new mod characters were just awful and the chase was shite. I blame the director, Robert Rodrigues, he did the episode in Mando S2 when they reintroduced Boba properly on the planet with the Jedi Temple, and I hated the way that was filmed too.

Definitely needs to pull something out of the bag in the next couple of episodes though or its gunna feel like a proper missed opportunity. 
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Don't think that's totally fair, I feel like Episode 1 + 2 were essentially one long prologue which overall was pretty good.

Ep 3 was crap though, I didn't mind the plot points overall but the new mod characters were just awful and the chase was shite. I blame the director, Robert Rodrigues, he did the episode in Mando S2 when they reintroduced Boba properly on the planet with the Jedi Temple, and I hated the way that was filmed too.

Definitely needs to pull something out of the bag in the next couple of episodes though or its gunna feel like a proper missed opportunity. 
    The backstory stuff in E2 of Boba Fett was quite good so I was excited going into E3 and was really disappointed. Hope this new “mod gang” aren’t going to feature massively in the rest of the series.
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    se9addick said:

The backstory stuff in E2 of Boba Fett was quite good so I was excited going into E3 and was really disappointed. Hope this new “mod gang” aren’t going to feature massively in the rest of the series.
    I was hoping Black Krrsantan was gunna fucking murder every last one of them to be honest
  • Options
    Just started the excellent Zero Zero Zero. 
    Fans of Gomorrah and Narcos will love it
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    Just started the excellent Zero Zero Zero. 
    Fans of Gomorrah and Narcos will love it
    Just favourited it. Is it just the one season? If not, will leave be until it's finished.