Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New Tv series (REMEMBER: No Spoilers)

Comments

• Options
    Just started the excellent Zero Zero Zero. 
    Fans of Gomorrah and Narcos will love it
    Just favourited it. Is it just the one season? If not, will leave be until it's finished.
     1 season so far mate. Well worth a watch imo.
  • Options
    Yeah, it was a limited series so won't be any future ones. 

It's very good. A sort of mash up between Gomorra and Narcos Mexico. Good plot, well acted. 
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Boba Fett episode 3 was awful
    That chase scene where everyone pootles along in first gear wasn't the show's finest hour.

The whole show has been pretty awful so far. Lead actor must have studied tree stumps for hours to get into character 
    Don't think that's totally fair, I feel like Episode 1 + 2 were essentially one long prologue which overall was pretty good.

Ep 3 was crap though, I didn't mind the plot points overall but the new mod characters were just awful and the chase was shite. I blame the director, Robert Rodrigues, he did the episode in Mando S2 when they reintroduced Boba properly on the planet with the Jedi Temple, and I hated the way that was filmed too.

Definitely needs to pull something out of the bag in the next couple of episodes though or its gunna feel like a proper missed opportunity. 
    Im a Star Wars fan but im also a fan of well acted/scripted TV. So far this show isn't delivering on that 2nd part.
  • Options
    Just favourited it. Is it just the one season? If not, will leave be until it's finished.
     1 season so far mate. Well worth a watch imo.
    An afternoons sitting, then  :)

Nice one.
  • Options
    'Hidden Assets' .. BBC .. decent cops and villains joint venture between Belgium, Ireland and Canada .. 
  • Options
    Any one else watched/watching Start Up?
  • Options
    2nd series of Cheer now on Netflix. Highly recommend it for anyone who enjoys US sports mini series like Last Chance U, QB1 etc
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    2nd series of Cheer now on Netflix. Highly recommend it for anyone who enjoys US sports mini series like Last Chance U, QB1 etc
    Loved the first series and also Last Chance U
  • Options
    Watched the first episode of Rules of the Game on BBC1 last night ....

.....and then stayed up until 2am watching the 3 others via iPlayer ! 

We thought it was superb with an outstanding performance from Maxine Peake. 

DEFINITELY worth the 4 hours & less sleep than usual  ! 
    Just watched the first part - intriguing plot.
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Just finished S2, it’s good (not as good as Last Chance U) but got pretty dark this series…

I didn’t realise there are only two teams in Navarro’s division! 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Just watched the first couple of episodes with Mrs SN. Enjoying it despite a few glaring HR inaccuracies (striking someone in the workplace in full view is instant dismissal). Maxine Peake is excellent but my goodness the poor cow gets to play some miserable parts!!!!
  • Options
    Yes. Loved it. Disappointed they cancelled the series. Maybe Netflix will take up the franchise.
  • Options

Just watched the first couple of episodes with Mrs SN. Enjoying it despite a few glaring HR inaccuracies (striking someone in the workplace in full view is instant dismissal). Maxine Peake is excellent but my goodness the poor cow gets to play some miserable parts!!!!
    Finished watching it last night - enjoyed it but the plot just got ridiculous for me by the end.
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    Having watched Narcos Mexico season 3, Zero Zero Zero and El Chapo recently, I got interested in Mexico's politics and drug trade. I then found a limited series about the assassination of their presidential candidate Colosio in the 1990's: Historia de un crimen: Colosio. The murder was mentioned in Narcos Mexico season 3. This series is very good. It's a 2019 Netflix production. The actor who plays El Mayo in Narcos Mexico has a big part in it. Great soundtrack too. I highly recommend it to anyone who likes series based on true events. 

I just started to watch Snowfall yesterday. The first episode is very interesting. Has anyone watched this? Seeing as it has four or five more seasons and is still going, if it's great then I have a lot of materials to watch😂

I was looking forward to Mayor of Kingstown but having watched two episodes I decided to give it up. I like Jeremy Renner and Kyle Chandler but simply couldn't stand the confusing way of storytelling in this series. A lot of things didn't make sense to me. And I didn't like Jeremy Renner's character. I couldn't get past episode one of Yellowstone so I guess Sheridan's work is generally not my cup of tea. 
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    Have you seen The Last Narc on Netflix @Jessie ?

Brilliant Documentary about the DEA and Mexican Cartel.
  • Options
    Watched it all about two years ago, keep looking to see if a new season is going to be filmed as really enjoyed it.
  • Options
    Also, I know for a fact that Yellowstone wouldn't be my kind of thing but 1883 is superb. First 5 episodes have been spot on.
  • Options
    Also, I know for a fact that Yellowstone wouldn't be my kind of thing but 1883 is superb. First 5 episodes have been spot on.
    Where can that be watched VG? I'm guessing it's not one of the main streaming services?
  • Options
    Where can that be watched VG? I'm guessing it's not one of the main streaming services?
    Paramount+ is the only main streaming service that shows it.
  • Options
    Just finished the first episode. Liking the look of this.

The scene with the young girl in the market was a bit much  :o
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Where are you watching it, is it one of the prime channels? 
  • Options
    Jessie said:
    Having watched Narcos Mexico season 3, Zero Zero Zero and El Chapo recently, I got interested in Mexico's politics and drug trade. I then found a limited series about the assassination of their presidential candidate Colosio in the 1990's: Historia de un crimen: Colosio. The murder was mentioned in Narcos Mexico season 3. This series is very good. It's a 2019 Netflix production. The actor who plays El Mayo in Narcos Mexico has a big part in it. Great soundtrack too. I highly recommend it to anyone who likes series based on true events. 

I don't know if you like novels but if you're interested in Mexican politics and cartels (and the effect of the USA's war on drugs), I'd heartile recommend Don Winslow's trilogy on the subject, starting with "the Power of the Dog". 
  • Options

It's available for purchase via Amazon at £2.49 per episode or £18.99 for the season.

Alternatively through some special apps.
  • Options

Any series that uses the farmyard pig as a means of human 'evidence' disposal is alright in my book!

:-(
  • Options
    As BBW says paramount +, who are doing a free trial I believe. Or alternatively, like me, if you have IPTV.
  • Options

It's available for purchase via Amazon at £2.49 per episode or £18.99 for the season.

Alternatively through some special apps.
    It's also available on Sky Atlantic catch-up.
  • Options
    I keep getting recommended Girl from Oslo on Netflix. Anyone seen it?
  • Options
    kafka said:
    Yes it's very good. Enjoy!
  • Options
    kafka said:
    On our list.