Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New Tv series (REMEMBER: No Spoilers)

Comments

• Options
    MrOneLung said:
    MrOneLung said:
    Bit peed off that we have to pay for the latest 'Outlander' series. The Missus adores Jamie... Still, 'Young Wallander' is pretty good and 'Our House' was decent and unpredictable. I wish they would make something similar to 'Auf Wiedersehen Pet' which was funny and non violent but people seem to love violence.
    we are waiting for it to all be on Starz then signing up for the £1.99 trial and gonna binge it
    Trial ends 31 March. I will be catching up on the latest spin off of Power, starring Tommy. 
    Thanks. Signed up today. Watched first episode of Outlander. 

Deffo gonna watch the Tommy spin off as one of all time favourite characters. Not seen the Tariq ones - didn’t like him in the original. Presume don’t have to watch those before the Tommy ones? 
    No, they are all separate and distinct,although they do refer back to what happened in the Power series.

I have already previously seen the first 4 episodes of the Tommy spin off and it is excellent.  Actually going to sign up today to pick it up again. Enjoy! 
  • Options
    finished top boy last night. what a programme
  • Options
    Done seasons 1-6 of the blacklist since january on amazon prime. Really good fbi drama, Raymond Reddington is iconic.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    MrOneLung said:
    Bit peed off that we have to pay for the latest 'Outlander' series. The Missus adores Jamie... Still, 'Young Wallander' is pretty good and 'Our House' was decent and unpredictable. I wish they would make something similar to 'Auf Wiedersehen Pet' which was funny and non violent but people seem to love violence.
    we are waiting for it to all be on Starz then signing up for the £1.99 trial and gonna binge it
    Trial ends 31 March. I will be catching up on the latest spin off of Power, starring Tommy. 
    Thanks. Signed up today. Watched first episode of Outlander. 

Deffo gonna watch the Tommy spin off as one of all time favourite characters. Not seen the Tariq ones - didn’t like him in the original. Presume don’t have to watch those before the Tommy ones? 
    No, they are all separate and distinct,although they do refer back to what happened in the Power series.

I have already previously seen the first 4 episodes of the Tommy spin off and it is excellent.  Actually going to sign up today to pick it up again. Enjoy! 
    Same, I couldn't stand Tariq the little prick was to blame for his little sister getting slotted and was always trying to blame anyone but himself, the entitled little gimp. Justice was served when the Italian boss set about him with a sack of sicillian oranges 
  • Options
    Saw an advert for Peacemaker coming to Sky Max tomorrow, all episodes available via catch-up, well worth watching if you like James Gunn's movies, it's easily my favourite "superhero" show, much better than any marvel/star wars series to date.
    Halfway through the series and really enjoying it. Very funny and a bit like The Boys in that respect.
  • Options
    The new season of Top Boy is brilliant. 
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    This looks interesting

https://youtu.be/RK1OtUOdfi0
  • Options
    Saw an advert for Peacemaker coming to Sky Max tomorrow, all episodes available via catch-up, well worth watching if you like James Gunn's movies, it's easily my favourite "superhero" show, much better than any marvel/star wars series to date.
    Halfway through the series and really enjoying it. Very funny and a bit like The Boys in that respect.
    Watched the whole series and enjoyed it. John Cena surprisingly effective in the main role and its legitimately impressive how he gets the character from an absolute prick to someone genuinely sympathetic and actually quite likeable (but prone to moments of still being an absolute prick.)
  • Options
    Im probably slower than most but really enjoyed the last season of The Last Kingdom.

Seems to me theyve left the option for a sequel TV Series of some form!
  • Options
    Im probably slower than most but really enjoyed the last season of The Last Kingdom.

There is a spin off film that has just finished shooting, so they cover the rest of the book series.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    A film would be plenty to round the whole thing off. 

They've killed or cut the cock off near enough everyone Uhtred cares about, he has a couple of people he needs to kill left which will serve the film well 
  • Options
    Years late to the party but I'm one episode into House of Cards and I'm already all in. 

Kevin Spacey for all his muckiness is one of the best performers I've ever watched. 
  • Options
    Just finished the first two episodes of Slow Horses which I mentioned on here earlier. I can't say the series is perfect but it's quite decent and worth watching. It has lived up to my expectations. 

Jack Lowden looks really handsome... I love the chemistry between him and Olivia Cooke. Such a sweet, gorgeous couple (despite their characters aren't really a couple in the series😂). By the way in real life Jack Lowden is Saoirse Ronan's boyfriend - I like Ronan very much too and I was happy to see the news that two of my favourite young actors were dating.
  • Options
    Saw this trailer "Tokyo Vice" the other week. It seems a very good series. I'm so looking forward to it. 
    https://youtu.be/l3oWrNQo_Ng
  • Options
    Top Boy is just immense. For real.

say nuttin
  • Options

say nuttin
    Can you just start with Top Boy or do you need to watch the old (channel 4?) series first - think it has another name ? 
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

say nuttin
    Can you just start with Top Boy or do you need to watch the old (channel 4?) series first - think it has another name ? 
    No it was called Top Boy too. Netflix have now however added the first two series from Channel 4 and called it Top Boy: Summerhouse. 

I reckon you could probably get away without watching the first two series. I would just ask why you would want to do that as they are just as good as the two new series so you'd be missing out. Especially with all 4 now on Netflix. 
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

say nuttin
    You really need to watch from the beginning. They’re all on Netflix if you have it, the first two are called Top Boy Summerhouse, then the next two are Top Boy.

Final series starts filming this summer 
  • Options
    Watched the two part Saville doc on Netflix tonight. Nothing new, swerve it.
  • Options
    Cheers will give it a go 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

There is a spin off film that has just finished shooting, so they cover the rest of the book series.
    Did not know that - quality. 
  • Options
    Derry Girls and Taskmaster back next week, Inside No 9 the week after.

Brilliant.
  • Options
    I watched the first episode of a political comedy called Servant of the People on SBS last night...it stars a bloke called Volodymyr Zelenskijj, you may just have heard of him!  :)

It was made in 2015, he plays a school-teacher who accidentally becomes President of Ukraine after one of his pupils films and whacks on to YouTube his foul mouthed rant against the uselessness of politicians. I'm not sure what to make of it, from the narrow viewpoint of TV entertainment. He himself is an accomplished actor, and I think I would have warmed to him had I just encountered this series a year ago. So far the other actors are a bit unmemorable though, and you do have to adjust a bit to a backdrop of a country which partly  looks reassuringly European, and partly looks something a lot more weird. (6 plus years ago, mind).

I also found myself wondering if its OK to just enjoy this when afterwards I'm going to turn to the news and see him again in a completely different and ghastly context. But I think if nothing else I owe it to him to keep with it. It has potential. And what an extraordinary man he is.
  • Options
    Watched the new Jimmy Savile doc on Netflix last night. 

Incredible how he got away with it. They showed so many TV clips where he alludes to his own disgusting character. 

Hiding in plain sight. 

Definitely worth a watch. 
  • Options
    Binged series 3 of The Split the other day. La Walker (damehood incoming surely!) on top form as always. Bonkers of course but a good watch. Steven Mangan is surprisingly good too. It all concluded quite neatly although just a glimmer of a possibility of a 4th series but this one is supposed to be the last and I think another would be over milking it. 
  • Options
    Binged series 3 of The Split the other day. La Walker (damehood incoming surely!) on top form as always. Bonkers of course but a good watch. Steven Mangan is surprisingly good too. It all concluded quite neatly although just a glimmer of a possibility of a 4th series but this one is supposed to be the last and I think another would be over milking it. 
    Yes I did the same. I thought they tied up all the loose ends except one! Good cast, well acted and all very enjoyable. 
  • Options
    We watched the first last Sunday & waiting eagerly for the 2nd tomorrow, when M F announced this morning that he'd downloaded the whole series ! 

So, he DOES know how to surprise me after all....in a good way ! 
  • Options
    Watched the new Jimmy Savile doc on Netflix last night. 

Incredible how he got away with it. They showed so many TV clips where he alludes to his own disgusting character. 

Hiding in plain sight. 

Definitely worth a watch. 
    A fascinating watch...