Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New Tv series (REMEMBER: No Spoilers)

Comments

• Options
    Binged series 3 of The Split the other day. La Walker (damehood incoming surely!) on top form as always. Bonkers of course but a good watch. Steven Mangan is surprisingly good too. It all concluded quite neatly although just a glimmer of a possibility of a 4th series but this one is supposed to be the last and I think another would be over milking it. 
    Yep, we’re enjoying it a lot, just the one episode to go. Re: Nicola Walker, I think she she’s great in certain roles e.g. this one and Last Tango in Halifax but not sure if she’s versatile enough to be in the overall ‘Great’ class.
  • Options
    Half way through series 3 of Undercover on Netflix and really enjoying it. Actually got better as it went along so would recommend as long as do not mind subtitles.
  • Options
    Delighted to see the very splendid Gentleman Jack back for it’s second series.
    Suranne Jones is something blimmin else as an actor.
    Highly recommended series.
  • Options
    Derry Girls back tonight, Taskmaster Thursday.
  • Options
    Top Boy is just immense. For real.

say nuttin
    It’s so good. I’m literally watching a episode at half 6 every morning before going to work. 
  • Options
    New Inside No. 9 series starts tonight, love that show. Mark Gatiss in this one, good to see the League back together!
  • Options
    McBobbin said:
    New Inside No. 9 series starts tonight, love that show. Mark Gatiss in this one, good to see the League back together!
    Didn’t know he was in the Human League.
  • Options
    Anyone watching Winning Time: The Rise of the Lakers Dynasty on Sky Atlantic? 

I’m 3 episodes in and enjoying it 
  • Options
    Just watched the first episode of Anatomy of a Scandal on Netflix. Quite compelling, if a little, racy, in that Netflix way, if you know what I mean..
  • Options
    Just watched the first episode of Anatomy of a Scandal on Netflix. Quite compelling, if a little, racy, in that Netflix way, if you know what I mean..
    T&B? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The woman who plays young Sophie works part time at the same place as Mrs Otto. 
  • Options
    The first episode and a half are terrible, it gets better after that.
  • Options
    edited April 2022

Yeah. Really like it too. So much fun
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    The thief. His wife and the Canoe.

Now if this had been a fictional show I would have put it in the usual ITV drama bin and marked it as off the Richter scale for far fetchedness and stupidity.

The fact that it is a TRUE story is quite unbelievable. An amazing tale.
  • Options
    Final season of Brooklyn 99 finally started on E4 tonight, over 8 months since it aired in the US (because that's the way to stop piracy, make everybody wait).

Anyway, E4 have managed to make it unwatchable by obviously speeding it up (presumably to fit more ads in). It's nearly impossible to enjoy when everybody's voice pitch is off, and any comic timing is destroyed. Looks like I'm either going to have to get my mate to "obtain" copies online, or wait until it's eventually added to Netflix at the right playback speed.
  • Options

Now if this had been a fictional show I would have put it in the usual ITV drama bin and marked it as off the Richter scale for far fetchedness and stupidity.

*Spoiler Alert*

After his release from Prison John moved to the Philippines where he married a local. When reporters contacted Mercy Mae Avila Darwin, 48, she said her 71-year-old husband John (both seen in the Philippines), who faked his death for money, is 'on his way' to join troops fighting against Russian forces.

You really couldn't make it up!

• Options

*Spoiler Alert*

After his release from Prison John moved to the Philippines where he married a local. When reporters contacted Mercy Mae Avila Darwin, 48, she said her 71-year-old husband John (both seen in the Philippines), who faked his death for money, is 'on his way' to join troops fighting against Russian forces.

You really couldn't make it up!

He probably could!
  • Options
    Final season of Brooklyn 99 finally started on E4 tonight, over 8 months since it aired in the US (because that's the way to stop piracy, make everybody wait).

Anyway, E4 have managed to make it unwatchable by obviously speeding it up (presumably to fit more ads in). It's nearly impossible to enjoy when everybody's voice pitch is off, and any comic timing is destroyed. Looks like I'm either going to have to get my mate to "obtain" copies online, or wait until it's eventually added to Netflix at the right playback speed.
    I watched the first episode last night and didn't notice anything wrong with the speed. 
  • Options
    Jints said:

Yeah. Really like it too. So much fun
    Me too. Good stuff so far
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2022
    Going nuts deep in season 5 of Snowfall tonight.

A 6th and final season has also been agreed.

Gave up on Breaking Bad 3 episodes from the end as I genuinely gave up caring how it ended.
  • Options
    Carter said:
    T&B? 
    No, that’s not it, and it may be just me, but I just get the feeling with Netflix commissioned series that they have certain criteria they have to fulfil, maybe to maximise binging or something like that. A bit like a chain restaurant vs a single owned one. Or maybe I’m just talking bollocks. Anyway based on @EastTerrace post above I’m definitely recommending it. 
  • Options
    What I definitely enjoyed last night and it seems to have gone way under all radars, was “Official Secrets” on BBC2, a 90 minute dramatisation of the story of Catherine Gun, the GCHQ Iraq War whistleblower. Excellent cast headed by Keira Knightley (although I’d love to know what the celebrated Observer journo Ed Vulliamy makes of his portrayal by Rhys Ifans!). And quite a story, which never really came out at the time. Tony Blair won’t be watching, I suspect. 
  • Options
    What I definitely enjoyed last night and it seems to have gone way under all radars, was “Official Secrets” on BBC2, a 90 minute dramatisation of the story of Catherine Gun, the GCHQ Iraq War whistleblower. Excellent cast headed by Keira Knightley (although I’d love to know what the celebrated Observer journo Ed Vulliamy makes of his portrayal by Rhys Ifans!). And quite a story, which never really came out at the time. Tony Blair won’t be watching, I suspect. 
    Probably because it is a film that came out in 2019, so most of us have watched it before. Very good film though. 
  • Options
    Probably because it is a film that came out in 2019, so most of us have watched it before. Very good film though. 
    Just found that out !  Surprised I never clocked it, if not on here, then in the Guardian/Observer, but there we are.
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    Anybody watched the Iceman thing on BBC? Pretty fascinating stuff especially the breathing technique on this week. It’s got me intrigued and I’ve just started reading his stuff.
  • Options
    Better Call Saul and Inside No 9 tonight. Both predictably awesome
  • Options
    Cheers to whoever recommended Top Boy. Absolutely tearing my way through season 1 and really enjoying it.
  • Options
    Anybody watched the Iceman thing on BBC? Pretty fascinating stuff especially the breathing technique on this week. It’s got me intrigued and I’ve just started reading his stuff.
    Yep, Wim Hoff.
    As a regular cold water swimmer I’m watching it for that reason but the breathing technique episode I found very interesting.
    I actually like the mix of celebs too.

Mind you, I’ll stick to swimming in my togs in cold water all year round.
    Not a chance I’d be jumping off that bridge 😳😱
  • Options
    Finally finished Afterlife.

Thought the ending was a little rushed if I'm honest. But some cracking hilarity along the way...Normally involving Brian!