Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New Tv series (REMEMBER: No Spoilers)

Comments

• Billyboy said:
    Carter said:
    For any Sons Of Anarchy appreciators, Mayans MC is in its fourth season now, about half way through and have gone big early. I dearly miss Tig and whilst a couple of familiar faces pop up from time to time Happy Lowman improved every scene he was in during the original series' run. 

Also a character appears that will make wrestling fans wet their knickers 

Is it as good as sons of anachy as probably my favourite seies
    Hit its stride about halfway through the second series I reckon 

• I've been recommended the vikings, initially on Prime then on netflix. That will be after PB for me, probably unless something else jumps in lol too many
    Right up there for me with Game of Thrones. First four seasons are amazing tv.
  • Watching Bosch legacy on Amazon. Very good and a nice follow on from the old series. Plus, found a series called Hanna which was pretty good too. 
    Hanna is very good, lots of twists and turns over the three seasons.
  • Bosch was quality, so will watch the legacy series shortly. Loving the current Better call Saul series. Enjoyed Grace on itv.
    Felt it could have carried on, haven't finished season 7 just yet. Will miss it.
  • If anyone has Apple TV

Highly recommend "See" a tad on the violent and bloodthirsty side but a very good yarn.
  • TEL said:
    If anyone has Apple TV

Highly recommend "See" a tad on the violent and bloodthirsty side but a very good yarn.
    I recommended this a while ago. Only two seasons but I thought it was excellent.
  • Having been a bit sniffy about it early doors, I must say that "Anatomy of a Scandal" (Netflix) turned out to be very good. 

Having also dissed Apple TV, it annoyingly started screening stuff that I liked the look of, Ted Lasso of course, but also Slow Horses. The latter is an off beat UK set spy drama, with Gary Oldman starring as an old spy who uses his farts to intimidate colleagues. No, that isn't a spelling error. I'm also watching "WeCrashed" which is about the WeWork rise and fall. Not so sure about it yet, definitely watchable but inevitably very New York. Apparently Apple's new Korean drama "Pachinko" is the business.

Still not paying, though. Not while I have to pay for the privilege of paying. 
  • Having been a bit sniffy about it early doors, I must say that "Anatomy of a Scandal" (Netflix) turned out to be very good. 

Having also dissed Apple TV, it annoyingly started screening stuff that I liked the look of, Ted Lasso of course, but also Slow Horses. The latter is an off beat UK set spy drama, with Gary Oldman starring as an old spy who uses his farts to intimidate colleagues. No, that isn't a spelling error. I'm also watching "WeCrashed" which is about the WeWork rise and fall. Not so sure about it yet, definitely watchable but inevitably very New York. Apparently Apple's new Korean drama "Pachinko" is the business.

Read the Mick Herron books … you’ll love them 
  • Anatomy of a scandal was good. 
    Currently enjoying a six part series called Clark true story about the guy who Stockholm syndrome was named after. Certainly entertaining. 

Loving Bosch legacy, unfortunately episodes added weekly as wanted to binge it 
  • stonemuse said:
    Having been a bit sniffy about it early doors, I must say that "Anatomy of a Scandal" (Netflix) turned out to be very good. 

Read the Mick Herron books … you’ll love them 
    nearly finished the second book of the Slow Horses series.
    I jus picked up the first one at random last month, then saw it was being released on TV and quickly read it but not got Apple TV anyway
  • Sponsored links:

• A real shame that Derry Girls has finished, a great ending and really poignant with what’s going on in the six counties at the moment with the GFA.
  • TEL said:
    If anyone has Apple TV

If anyone’s considering this - Have some earplugs ready for whenever the queen speaks. Nails down a blackboard.
    Also, watch out for Jason Momoa constantly walking around like a chimp despite nobody else finding it necessary to do so.
    😂
  • I really liked the whole Derry Girls set up, I'm going to be a bit of a harsh critic though and say I thought the last series was a bit weak punctuated with some touching and poignant moments. Still enjoyed it, still laughed but think it might have been a series too many. 
  • Just finished season two of See

bloody excellent

agree the first Queen is bloody awful, but she's meant to be. 

Roll on season three

• Loved the ending of Ozark

Ruth was brilliant 

highly recommend the 30 minute making of video.
  • Carter said:
    I really liked the whole Derry Girls set up, I'm going to be a bit of a harsh critic though and say I thought the last series was a bit weak punctuated with some touching and poignant moments. Still enjoyed it, still laughed but think it might have been a series too many. 
    Yes I agree, it was fun but not nearly as funny as the first 2 seasons. Thought the way they approached the GFA agreement and the take they had on it was very well-handled and poignant as GuinnessAddick said. Took me a minute to recognise why Liam Neeson's character was lingered on in that final sequence too.
  • Caught a bit of the Chris & Rosie Ramsey TV show, very funny.
    I thought it was awful.

Chris Ramsey laughing as loud as he could, rolling around the floor in fake laughter.
    Presumably, he believes like Nish Kumar and the woman on Never Mind the Buzzcocks, that if you laugh as loud as you can, people will think you're funny.

As for his wife Rosie, it looked like he had just dragged her out the front door and told her she was going be on a TV show. I can't recall someone looking so utterly out of place.

Cringingly awful show.
    I thought it was awful.

Chris Ramsey laughing as loud as he could, rolling around the floor in fake laughter.
    Presumably, he believes like Nish Kumar and the woman on Never Mind the Buzzcocks, that if you laugh as loud as you can, people will think you're funny.

As for his wife Rosie, it looked like he had just dragged her out the front door and told her she was going be on a TV show. I can't recall someone looking so utterly out of place.

Cringingly awful show.
    I like daisy Mae Cooper but her constant wheezy laugh on NMTB makes it unwatchable
  • McBobbin said:
    Caught a bit of the Chris & Rosie Ramsey TV show, very funny.
    I thought it was awful.

Cringingly awful show.
    I like daisy Mae Cooper but her constant wheezy laugh on NMTB makes it unwatchable
    Agreed, I don't watch it anymore because she makes it unwatchable.
    She's about as funny as a smack in the face with a frying pan.
  • Sponsored links:

Just watched the one with Shirley & Martin Kemp.

I kept flitting from OMG wtf is this to 🤣 that’s a wee bit funny.

I’ve never listened to the podcast, only ever knew him from SCD but fair play to them.

I probably won’t ever watch another one though 🤷‍♀️
  • Just a question. But how the fuck does Chris Ramsey get his own show? 
  • I thought Better Call Saul was great, really excited for the final few, but unfortunately not being released until July. 
  • Ricky Gervais Super Natural on Netflix is out. If you like his stuff then you’ll like this. Same material but still very funny. God giving AIDS to Africa bit had me cracking up.
  • Just a question. But how the fuck does Chris Ramsey get his own show? 
    I’m guessing cos the podcast was such a hit 🤷‍♀️
  • I thought Better Call Saul was great, really excited for the final few, but unfortunately not being released until July. 
    Haven't been able to get that ending out of my head all day. 
    I thought it was awful.

Cringingly awful show.
    I agree, I watched about 10 minutes and that was enough. Shame because I like Chris Ramsey.
  • Just finished The Last Kingdom.
    Loved every single episode. It's right up there in my book. Definitely in my Top 3.

So good I might watch it all again some day.
    Loved every single episode. It's right up there in my book. Definitely in my Top 3.

I'm midway through Season 2 as been juggling other viewings.

It is good. I've labelled it Diet Vikings or Vikings Lite, though, as can't help but compare it to Vikings 😁

I'm midway through Season 2 as been juggling other viewings.

It is good. I've labelled it Diet Vikings or Vikings Lite, though, as can't help but compare it to Vikings 😁
    Stick with it mate. I think it stepped up a level once Netflix got hold of it.