Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New Tv series (REMEMBER: No Spoilers)

Comments

• edited May 2022
    For me in order the best Inside No.9 episodes: The 12 Days Of Christine, Tom & Gerri, Diddle Diddle Dumpling and A Quiet Night In
  • Finished Ozark today as well.

It has been good to very good but peaked in its early seasons I think. Some of the writing felt a bit clumsy in season 5, hard to say what though without any hints of spoilers.
  • hawksmoor said:
    For me in order the best Inside No.9 episodes: The 12 Days Of Christine, Tom & Gerri, Diddle Diddle Dumpling and A Quiet Night In
    The Riddle of the Sphinx is really good too!
  • RedPanda said:
    Finished Ozark today as well.

It has been good to very good but peaked in its early seasons I think. Some of the writing felt a bit clumsy in season 5, hard to say what though without any hints of spoilers.
    I did feel that the pace of the show slowed down in the 2nd half of season 4.
  • One episode in to the final few of Ozark and agree with the above that it's lost its way slightly in the final series. 
  • Carter said:
    TEL said:
    Just just got around to watching the final three episodes of 1883.

it just got grittier after the first couple of episodes and I became really invested in the characters. 

I can count on two fingers the number of programs I've watched that have brought me to tears.... the last episode is just brutal on so many levels. I had to leave the room about 5-6 minutes before the end as it was just too close to home and too much for me. 

I went back and watched it the next day and managed to keep reasonably composed.

what a fantastic portrayal of life and death in 1883. 

Well written and the actors really pulled this off. 

Highly recommended 
    It was amazingly well written and the way life then was portrayed was so well handled. I couldn't agree more with what you have said there. The last couple of episodes were gut wrenching. 

I thoroughly recommend Yellowstone
    Will try and track it down. Thanks for the tip.
  • Anyone else watching Outer Range at the moment? Not sure what I think of it tbh. Some interesting characters in it, I like the Native American police chief for example, but it's maybe trying too hard to be Twin Peaks?

Interested to see where it's all going. 
  • Watched the first three episodes of 1883 and absolutely loved it. My parents and I are never fans of westerns but this series is so good we got hooked right from the start. Earlier this year I said I wasn't interested in it because I didn't like Yellowstone so I think I have to eat my words😂😂😂 - thanks to everyone who's recommended it on here. And the soundtrack is really beautiful. 
  • By the way I finished the third season of Succession last month and it's so well written. It's definitely the best series I've watched in recent years.
  • Ozark done, a bit of an anti-climax but no spoilers from me. I did feel its been left open incase they ever decide to do another series, i know they have said its the last but i don't believe it based on the ending. 

One of the best series for me, just felt the ending was a bit mehh. Still thoroughly recommend to anyone who hasn't watched it. 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited May 2022
    Ozark done, a bit of an anti-climax but no spoilers from me. I did feel its been left open incase they ever decide to do another series, i know they have said its the last but i don't believe it based on the ending. 

One of the best series for me, just felt the ending was a bit mehh. Still thoroughly recommend to anyone who hasn't watched it. 
    I finished it a couple of days ago. It's gone in the same bin as Breaking Bad in that I lost interest in large parts of it. Both showed promise but, ultimately, failed to deliver in their entirety.

Ruth was the only character that kept me interested and saw me finish it.

Need something else to get my teeth in to (no in-flight ones, need something that's finished with no further seasons planned).
  • Ozark done, a bit of an anti-climax but no spoilers from me. I did feel its been left open incase they ever decide to do another series, i know they have said its the last but i don't believe it based on the ending. 

I finished it a couple of days ago. It's gone in the same bin as Breaking Bad in that I lost interest in large parts of it. Both showed promise but, ultimately, failed to deliver in their entirety.

Need something else to get my teeth in to (no in-flight ones, need something that's finished with no further seasons planned).
    Similar, but i prefer Ozark to Breaking bad, but not much in it. Ruth was a bit annoying , but i didn't mind her some of the time lol I think next will be peaky blinders latest which i have been putting off as cant remember how it was left :) 

I absolutely loved the first 3 series of Ozark. Really looked forward to the new series but as soon as it come out I really struggled with it. I dislike both kids and the mum is an absolute dick. Perhaps there was too long a gap between series 3 and 4 (i binged the first 3 together). Now I've got zero interested in finishing it.

Similar, but i prefer Ozark to Breaking bad, but not much in it. Ruth was a bit annoying , but i didn't mind her some of the time lol I think next will be peaky blinders latest which i have been putting off as cant remember how it was left :) 
    There was a rally featuring Mosely, and a plot. That's all I can divulge without giving any spoilers  :)

Neighbours wraps up soon, I’ve heard Bouncer and Mrs Mangle are back for the finale, can’t wait…
  • hawksmoor said:
    I love Inside Number 9. Even the poorer ones are watchable.

not sure of the titles but a few crackers you have missed are. 

The one in the restaurant with the bill
    the one with the refs in the changing roon
    the one where the house is being sold and it sort of tells the story back to front and keeps flashing back
    th call centre one
    The karaoke one
    and for me the best one ever Bernie Cliftons Drssing Rom
  • Fumbluff said:
    Ozark done, a bit of an anti-climax but no spoilers from me. I did feel its been left open incase they ever decide to do another series, i know they have said its the last but i don't believe it based on the ending. 

Neighbours wraps up soon, I’ve heard Bouncer and Mrs Mangle are back for the finale, can’t wait…
    Bouncers Dream - what an episode.

Last kingdom?
  • edited May 2022

Last kingdom?
    Been recommended to me a few times so far. Stuck it on the other day but then family happened so turned it off. May whack it on again later and see what it's all about. Cheers.
  • I've been recommended the vikings, initially on Prime then on netflix. That will be after PB for me, probably unless something else jumps in lol too many
  • Sponsored links:

• I've been recommended the vikings, initially on Prime then on netflix. That will be after PB for me, probably unless something else jumps in lol too many
    Definitely worth a watch. In my top 5 all time series.

Last kingdom?
    Been recommended to me a few times so far. Stuck it on the other day but then family happened so turned it off. May whack it on again later and see what it's all about. Cheers.
    Last Kingdom is fantastic
  • Just got through first season of Hannibal, not that bothered about the rest tbh. Might work my way though the Bond films instead.
  • Watching Bosch legacy on Amazon. Very good and a nice follow on from the old series. Plus, found a series called Hanna which was pretty good too. 
  • Bosch was quality, so will watch the legacy series shortly. Loving the current Better call Saul series. Enjoyed Grace on itv.

Last kingdom?
    Started it yesterday. 4 episodes in. Looking pretty decent. Sort of like a Vikings-lite.

Was a weird transition from episode 1 to 2 where Uhtred goes from boy to man but other than that no complaints so far.
  • edited May 2022

Last kingdom?
    Started it yesterday. 4 episodes in. Looking pretty decent. Sort of like a Vikings-lite.

Was a weird transition from episode 1 to 2 where Uhtred goes from boy to man but other than that no complaints so far.
    As I said earlier, I ditched it after the first series. Not sure why because remember thinking it was pretty good. but got back into it a few weeks ago. Love it now.

The first 2 series were produced and shown on the beeb. Last 3 were Netflix.

Last kingdom?

What's even more weird is in the next 20 odd years Uthred doesn't age a day.
  • For any Sons Of Anarchy appreciators, Mayans MC is in its fourth season now, about half way through and have gone big early. I dearly miss Tig and whilst a couple of familiar faces pop up from time to time Happy Lowman improved every scene he was in during the original series' run. 

Also a character appears that will make wrestling fans wet their knickers 

• Carter said:
    For any Sons Of Anarchy appreciators, Mayans MC is in its fourth season now, about half way through and have gone big early. I dearly miss Tig and whilst a couple of familiar faces pop up from time to time Happy Lowman improved every scene he was in during the original series' run. 

Also a character appears that will make wrestling fans wet their knickers 

Is it as good as sons of anachy as probably my favourite seies