Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New Tv series (REMEMBER: No Spoilers)

Comments

• hawksmoor said:
    I’m going to watch it anyway, but worth watching for Gomorrah fans? I thought it was made for TV but it was a cinema release.
    You need to watch it mate........I'll say no more. Come back when you have.
  • If you have Sky Atlantic, you can download Gomorrah, which is what I did.
  • hawksmoor said:
    If you have Sky Atlantic, you can download Gomorrah, which is what I did.
    That's what we'll do , thanks ! 
  • hawksmoor said:
    I’m going to watch it anyway, but worth watching for Gomorrah fans? I thought it was made for TV but it was a cinema release.
    You need to watch it mate........I'll say no more. Come back when you have.
    Definitely sounds intriguing. I watched a clip of an Italian chat show with Marco D'Amore (Ciro) and Salvatore Esposito (Gennaro) as guests and the audience went mental when they came on. It was like they were rock stars. Strangely, D'Amore sang it's Not Unusual by Tom Jones...
  • What’s Gomorrah similar to?
  • Prime have a new film in the last couple of days.  Escape from Pretoria, starring Daniel Radcliffe. Watched it last night. 

A true story set in the 80s about 2 ANC protagonists escaping from prison. Would recommend to anyone who likes innovative true life prison escapes. Sometimes fact is stranger than fiction. 
  • Maybe a bit like Sopranos in that it follows the fortunes of a main mafia crime family - but it’s more gritty with little of the humour. 

I love it and watched the Italian film of the same name before the series started. 

I would also urge anyone to watch Romanzo Criminale which is similar and also followed the film followed by tv series theme. 
  • edited February 2021
    What’s Gomorrah similar to?
    A mix of Goodfellas and Sopranos set in the council estates of Naples.
    Amazing story-telling, character arcs and acting. Twists in virtually every episode and they kill off key characters at will. 
    Fantastic Italian hip hop soundtrack too. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Behind her eyes/Netflix.....discuss
  • Fumbluff said:
    Behind her eyes/Netflix.....discuss
    Thought was ok with a good ending 
  • Only just watched first two episodes of The Serpent. Quite an interesting tale 
  • MrOneLung said:
    Fumbluff said:
    Behind her eyes/Netflix.....discuss
    Thought was ok with a good ending 
    Thought it was ok with a ridiculous ending. 
  • OK, SuedeAdidas, I watched The Immortal. And Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers my first shock is that Ciro is alive, which will be a bigger shock for Gomorrah fans who haven’t seen the film when he turns up in season 5. Didn’t really like the Latvian sojourn, but then I didn’t like his sojourn in Bulgaria either. But the climactic scenes were good and of course, the final shot when Genarro turns up. Was that Bruno’s head in the box? I enjoyed the flashbacks though.
  • If other Gomorrah fans want to watch the film on Sky Atlantic, you have to search under the Italian title L’Immortale.
  • In other news, I’m watching ZeroZeroZero. Liking it a lot so far. The biggest shock to me is that the French actor who played Baptiste in two series of Missing and had is own spin-off series, is in such a small role.
  • hawksmoor said:
    OK, SuedeAdidas, I watched The Immortal. And Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers my first shock is that Ciro is alive, which will be a bigger shock for Gomorrah fans who haven’t seen the film when he turns up in season 5. Didn’t really like the Latvian sojourn, but then I didn’t like his sojourn in Bulgaria either. But the climactic scenes were good and of course, the final shot when Genarro turns up. Was that Bruno’s head in the box? I enjoyed the flashbacks though.
    Yeah - I don’t think it was as good as the series.......but given the shock re Ciro, I think any fan needs to watch it before series 5. 
  • Has anyone seen Devils on Atlantic? 

It’s another take on the greed and power of ‘top’ of the Investment banking world. It is set around 2011 against the backdrop of the world dealing with the fallout of the 2008 financial crisis. 

It’s pretty cheesy and sensationalist but tries to tie the storylines into real world news footage. 

It’s ok - but (like similar shows) it suffers where they constantly need to crowbar scenes in to help explain the financial terminology in play. Any time a term was used that would be non-standard to most you could be sure that a clunky scene would follow that tried to explain it. 

It was very weird seeing Paul Chowdhry playing the role of a top trader though. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Has anyone seen Devils on Atlantic? 

It’s another take on the greed and power of ‘top’ of the Investment banking world. It is set around 2011 against the backdrop of the world dealing with the fallout of the 2008 financial crisis. 

It’s pretty cheesy and sensationalist but tries to tie the storylines into real world news footage. 

It’s ok - but (like similar shows) it suffers where they constantly need to crowbar scenes in to help explain the financial terminology in play. Any time a term was used that would be non-standard to most you could be sure that a clunky scene would follow that tried to explain it. 

It was very weird seeing Paul Chowdhry playing the role of a top trader though. 
    Unluckily for Devils I think Industry on BBC did a drama set in that environment a lot better. Another example of style over substance for Sky 
  • edited March 2021
    I don't think I've read any posts on the Sky Atlantic series  " Your Honor " that's being currently aired.

We downloaded all 10 episodes and it's the latest in the "bingeworthy" series at Fanackapan Towers. 

We thought it was brilliant ! 

Glued to the screen for hour upon hour and, like a riveting read, couldn't "put it down".

Another great performance from Bryan Cranston too.

PLEASE give it a try & let me know your views.
  • Watching The Terror at the moment. Can’t work it out but intrigued. 

Also started watching The Tudor’s from the start. 

I’ve just finished Unbelievable on Netflix and just started Ginny and Georgia. Enjoyed/enjoying both. 

There are so many good easy to watch things on Netflix, Good Girls, Why Women Kill, The Duchess..... 
  • I don't think I've read any posts on the Sky Atlantic series  " Your Honor " that's being currently aired.

We downloaded all 10 episodes and it's the latest in the "bingeworthy" series at Fanackapan Towers. 

We thought it was brilliant ! 

Glued to the screen for hour upon hour and, like a riveting read, couldn't "put it down".

Another great performance from Bryan Cranston too.

PLEASE give it a try & let me know your views.
    Absolutely loved Your Honor! I have only watched 4 episodes so far but my parents have finished all ten. My mum anticipated every new episode every week from December last year to February - she usually doesn't like following TV series each week, hates the waiting but this one was too good for her to be patiently wait for all ten episodes to be aired and then watch in one go. 😆 Bryan Cranston is indeed great. 
  • MrOneLung said:
    Only just watched first two episodes of The Serpent. Quite an interesting tale 
    Watched this recently, we thought it was excellent. Possibly dragged out, with a few flashbacks but highly recommend it. 

Tried two episodes of The Terror , not really getting into it, its quite slow. I might still watch it but just not sure its for me. 
  • Bloodlands had a hell of a twist at the end of the second episode. Have read it's going down well in NI so will continue to watch.

The Terror has me hooked already. Class cast and intriguing story. Also enjoying Unforgotten.

• I took up the offer of Apple TV free for a year. Immediately it became obvious why at least in Europe, free is almost too much, especially if you compare with Netflix. I dont know what’s the matter with Apple in this field, I guess their best people are good at other things.

All that said, they do have the film of the making of Springsteen’s new album ( Letter to You) and if you like him and the E Street Band you will enjoy it, even though the Boss insists on doing his own commentary overlay, which has the tone of somebody considering running for President. 

• Anyway, Deutschland 89 tonight on More 4...
  • Can't wait for Grace to start. Based on the crime thrillers by, in my opinion, one of the best crime thriller writers, Peter James, the lead role of Detective Inspector Grace is played by John Simm with a good supporting cast. Set in and around Brighton. 
  • Unforgotten on ITV is good, this series is about a headless body with a spanner's tattoo, hard to id it, as I thought all spanners were brainless.