Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New Tv series (REMEMBER: No Spoilers)

Comments

• dogpat65 said:
    Thought the first episode of Bloodllands on BBC1 was pretty good.
    I thought the first episode was shockingly bad.  It feels as if its been played at half speed for English people to understand what the characters are saying. The paltry attempt at humour was staid, but maybe because they cant put the right proportion of swear words in for National TV. The only thing theyve got right so far is the Weather.  There are some really great actors in this and Im a fan of line of duty, so I was expecting a lot more from this.

The missus started watching it on iplayer this morning to pick out all the locations we know, but she had to turn it off after 20 minutes becuase the constantly moving camera with always some rope or ear out of focus in the foreground was getting on her nerves.  That gave us a bit of a laugh.

I didn't watch it, but my gf who is Northern Irish did, and we're currently living over here as well - she hated it. Thought it was cliched and poorly acted and didn't like the plot - probably because as with any show to do with NI its always about the bloody RA.

Although we were on the ferry that Nesbitt was on at the start of the show earlier that day so she enjoyed that.
    As a local was looking forward to this. Not accurate, some pretty bad acting and just farcical. In real life the main character would have taken a big pay off years earlier. Give me line of duty and unforgotten anytime over this rubbish.
  • ??
    I think he thinks by saying she will not be in next series means she died in this series.
    Which she didn't
  • Must admit thought the ending was a bit strange

Oh the wife had an affair and her bloke just hired a hitman for £400

• Just watched Behind Her Eyes on Netflix

6 episodes at around 50 mins each

was quite good and didn't see the ending coming.
  • MrOneLung said:
    Just watched Behind Her Eyes on Netflix

6 episodes at around 50 mins each

was quite good and didn't see the ending coming.
    I watched the last half of this after my gf started it whilst I was working, it was quite good to be fair and she enjoyed. Good ending as you say
  • Really enjoyed this series of The Bay, thought it was a real step up from series 1. Gutted the lovely Morven Christie won’t be in S3
    There’s something about a girl, who goes to a pub and ends up getting it in the back alley.
  • Really enjoyed this series of The Bay, thought it was a real step up from series 1. Gutted the lovely Morven Christie won’t be in S3
    There’s something about a girl, who goes to a pub and ends up getting it in the back alley.
    Getting it in the back alley! Blimey I thought that was all in It's a Sin.

The Bay was actually watchable. It's a Sin was very good. Bloodlands was ok and will watch again. And then there was Marcella...

• Gordon Ramsey's show .. rip off of £Million Drop .. to paraphrase a Ramsey  quote .. 'he can fuck right off' .. he must have kissed a few BBC arses to get this gig ((:>)
  • Yep. The Bay very good. Ending possibly a bit rushed ,but on the whole a hundred times better than 99% of the Dramas ITV usually knock out.
  • A new series of Frasier to be made, no date given. Don't like US comedy usually, but fell in love with Cheers as it was based in a pub. really enjoyed Frasier, although not as much. Hope this isn't a mistake, but I'm sure I'll enjoy it regardless.
  • Sponsored links:

• MrOneLung said:
    ??
    I think he thinks by saying she will not be in next series means she died in this series.
    Which she didn't
    Correct. I was convinced Joe Absolom was gonna smash her head in or strangle her and nothing happened.
  • Yep. The Bay very good. Ending possibly a bit rushed ,but on the whole a hundred times better than 99% of the Dramas ITV usually knock out.
    I think it’s all set up to carry on the investigation into Breakwater in the next season. The actress in that investigation I think replaces her and goes on to be the new lead character of the next series 

• I haven't tried The Bay but will give it a go. I know I'm in the minority, but I like Marcella. Not as good as the first two series but still good I thought.
  • Finished Gomorrah. Yes, the fourth series wasn't the best, but taken as a whole, it was an excellent series. SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS The last episode when Gennaro killed Patrizia, knowing she was pregnant, was brutal, and the very last shot when he's in his bunker and looks straight at the camera. When you look at Gennaro's character arc from mummy's boy to what he became, it's an excellent performance. Ciro really didn't change that much, and to be fair in the last season he was in, all he did mostly was smoke and look out the window.
  • And a fifth season of Gomorrah is in the works. There were some loose ends, to be fair.
  • Halfway through series 1 of the bay & quite enjoying it.

There's something quite attractive about the lead detective lady!

I find her so annoying to the point I couldn’t watch series 2.
  • hawksmoor said:
    Finished Gomorrah. Yes, the fourth series wasn't the best, but taken as a whole, it was an excellent series. SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS The last episode when Gennaro killed Patrizia, knowing she was pregnant, was brutal, and the very last shot when he's in his bunker and looks straight at the camera. When you look at Gennaro's character arc from mummy's boy to what he became, it's an excellent performance. Ciro really didn't change that much, and to be fair in the last season he was in, all he did mostly was smoke and look out the window.
    Did you watch 'The Immortal' ?

Yup completely agree, she's completely my type.
  • Sponsored links:

• hawksmoor said:
    Finished Gomorrah. Yes, the fourth series wasn't the best, but taken as a whole, it was an excellent series. SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS The last episode when Gennaro killed Patrizia, knowing she was pregnant, was brutal, and the very last shot when he's in his bunker and looks straight at the camera. When you look at Gennaro's character arc from mummy's boy to what he became, it's an excellent performance. Ciro really didn't change that much, and to be fair in the last season he was in, all he did mostly was smoke and look out the window.
    I think Gennaro's the only surviving character from the first series. 

You should give ZeroZeroZero a try if you liked Gomorrah. Also based on a book by Robert Saviano and just as good but more focussed on the international drugs trade as a whole. 
  • edited February 2021
    Thanks, Jints. That was going to my next series watch. Have you seen The Immortal SuedeAdidas?
  • hawksmoor said:
    Thanks, Jints. That was going to my next series watch. Have you seen The Immortal SuedeAdidas?
    Yes mate....
  • I’m going to watch it anyway, but worth watching for Gomorrah fans? I thought it was made for TV but it was a cinema release.
  • hawksmoor said:
    And a fifth season of Gomorrah is in the works. There were some loose ends, to be fair.
    Having been late to join the "Narcos" party , but loved it, could you please clarify where we can watch all series of "Gomorrah" ?

Googled it but found it confusing as seemingly has been on a couple of channels.

Thanks.
  • hawksmoor said:
    And a fifth season of Gomorrah is in the works. There were some loose ends, to be fair.
    Having been late to join the "Narcos" party , but loved it, could you please clarify where we can watch all series of "Gomorrah" ?

Googled it but found it confusing as seemingly has been on a couple of channels.

Thanks.
    If you want to know where things are available to watch, go to Just Watch - it's very easy to use and tells you where you can stream it or buy it.

https://www.justwatch.com/ 

Looking at that, Gomorrah is available on Sky Go and Now TV and then there are a few options to buy it.
  • Loved Narcos and Narcos Mexico 
  • Loved Narcos and Narcos Mexico 
    About to start Narcos Mexico.
  • hawksmoor said:

Thanks.
    If you want to know where things are available to watch, go to Just Watch - it's very easy to use and tells you where you can stream it or buy it.

https://www.justwatch.com/ 

Looking at that, Gomorrah is available on Sky Go and Now TV and then there are a few options to buy it.
    Thanks for the advice, @moutuakilla