Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New Tv series (REMEMBER: No Spoilers)

Comments

• 20 years late to the party but I’m about to give The Wire a go. 
    We just finished series 1.
    We don’t normally do police stuff (hence why we didn’t watch it first time around) but this is the best and most accurate of how it really was.
    It helps that we’re retired now, it’s a trip down memory lane 🤣🤣
    Don't worry, we've just gone back and are finishing off Breaking Bad, 7 years after watching the penultimate series. No need to rush these things. 
    Greatest show ever made. Enjoy.
    Hope you’re right buddy. To me that’s The Sopranos so if it touches anywhere close to that I’ll be a happy man over the next few months. 
    I did exactly this about 2 months ago.
    Blew through all 5 seasons in about 5 weeks.
    Out-flipping-standing.
    One thing though - I had to keep subtitles on. If I didn’t, I just couldn’t follow what was being said half the time!
    Don't worry, we've just gone back and are finishing off Breaking Bad, 7 years after watching the penultimate series. No need to rush these things. 
    Ha, I saw first series of BB about 3 years ago and not got to starting Series 2 yet :-) 
  • 2 series we have yet to tackle...The Wire and The Sopranos.

Could someone please give me a heads up where we can find the complete series of both. Thanks.

Could someone please give me a heads up where we can find the complete series of both. Thanks.
    The Wire is on Sky Atlantic Fanny xx
  • All time rankings 
    1. the Sopranos
    2. the Wire

The Wire is on Sky Atlantic Fanny xx
    Thanks, lovely lady x
  • Just finished Behind Her Eyes. What a dreadful ending, utter garbage. First 4 episodes set it up to be decent thriller, and then it's absolute utter pish. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Your Honor started brilliantly. Finding it very slow now (just finished ep3) and pretty implausible. As if Cranston would go to the gangster’s son’s funeral!

• I was late to the Wire and thought it was overrated. It was undoubtedly very very good but I think it was hyped up too much for me and didn’t blow me away. Don’t rate it in the same league as Sopranos or Breaking Bad by that’s no shame.  
  • I downloaded one episode of The Sopranos many years ago but found it hard to get into and gave up after about 20 minutes😂 Probably too slow for me. 
  • As a big fan of the books, looking forward to "Grace" starting on ITV this Sunday. The author is pretty complimentary about it, so that is a good sign.  
  • I was late to the Wire and thought it was overrated. It was undoubtedly very very good but I think it was hyped up too much for me and didn’t blow me away. Don’t rate it in the same league as Sopranos or Breaking Bad by that’s no shame.  
    Yes I must admit I found the Wire hard going. Not a patch on the Sopranos, Narcos, Breaking Bad imo, but each to their own. 
    Yes I must admit I found the Wire hard going. Not a patch on the Sopranos, Narcos, Breaking Bad imo, but each to their own. 
    I make you right, I have watched them all and I would put The Wire behind Sopranos, Breaking Bad & Narcos. 
  • I thought I've said this before, but I couldn't believe Idris Elba was a Brit when I first heard him in The Wire.
  • Sopranos for me is the best ever TV series.

Some years ago I tried the Wire, but I just couldn’t get into it. 
    i gave up after 5 or 6 episodes.

I am currently rewatching the Shield and am thoroughly enjoying it.
  • I still haven't gotten around to watching The Sopranos yet which is ridiculous. The Wire was the first truly brilliant TV show I watched. Loved the attention to detail and the fact it showed the story from both sides. 

Started The Terror last night rather than watching the H&M interview shite. Decent so far and some top actors in it. Jared Harris is one of my favourite actors after watching him in Chernobyl
    Yeah agreed. When I was watching I enjoyed patches of it but quite often it was hard going like you say and I almost forced myself to get through it. There’s the odd episode which I found top class but overall wouldn’t make my top 5-6. 
  • Sponsored links:

I make you right, I have watched them all and I would put The Wire behind Sopranos, Breaking Bad & Narcos. 
    I’d put the Wire with something like Ozark behind the three you mentioned. I’d probably squeeze Sons of Anarchy in the middle. 
  • I tried Unforgotten and just could not get into the lack of pace/edge of the show. 
  • Getting back to The Wire, when I watched it years and years ago, I remember being shocked that Idris Elba wasn't an American actor.
  • hawksmoor said:
    Getting back to The Wire, when I watched it years and years ago, I remember being shocked that Idris Elba wasn't an American actor.
    Same with Dominic West. There was one episode where he went undercover as a English bloke and I remember thinking how hammy his attempted English accent was! 
  • Any comedy recommendations? Just blasted my way through Superstore - looking for something with 20 minute episodes on netflix/prime/terrestrial
    Friday night dinner, i didn't really get into it when it was on the TV, or wasn't really drawn in. But i binged it last year and found it very easy to watch and enjoyed it. On Netflix

FND...seconded!
  • I don't think I could choose between The Sopranos and The Wire, my two favourite shows of all time with BB a little bit behind.

The Sopranos is also on Sky Boxsets.

The best TV series ever, hands down!
  • Of course, the classic Wire episode is when McNulty and Bunk solve a whole crime using only variations of the work f*ck.
  • Enjoying Superman and Lois at the moment, just hoping it doesn’t become more soapy than it is at the moment.