Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New Tv series (REMEMBER: No Spoilers)

Comments

• Anyone else catch the new series of ‘Unforgotten’ last night. Main character is a headless Millwall fan :/
  • Got round to watching 'Its a sin' over the past few days.

Highly recommended.
  • Any comedy recommendations? Just blasted my way through Superstore - looking for something with 20 minute episodes on netflix/prime/terrestrial
    The Kominsky Method. On Netflix. Alan Arkin and Michael Douglas both superb.
  • Been watching Schitt's Creek on the US Netflix via a VPN. Brilliant, really funny. Worth the price of admission for Eugene Levy's eyebrows alone but Catherine O'Hara as Moira is hilarious. 
  • Jessie said:
    Wilma said:
    Wilma said:
    Framing Britney Spears is on Sky Documentaries tonight. It covers her rise to fame, career and subsequent breakdown. So many comments online about this since it aired in the states so I'm looking forward to watching it. 
    Not sure if anyone here watched this but I would recommend it. I've never been a Britney fan so found the whole thing very enlightening and pretty shocking. The way she was treated by her family, friends and the press was awful and would never have happened to a male performer. And for her to basically be controlled by her father against her will as a grown adult, whilst still able to write music, choreograph and perform shows, is bizarre. Some of the clips in the programme are uncomfortable to watch, particularly the paparazzi surrounding her and even fighting each other to get the best shot. 
    I watched it a few days ago. Never been a big fan of her music but really liked this documentary film. She was such a beautiful girl, such a beautiful soul. It's so tragic that none of her family or ex-boyfriends are good people. I hope she gets rid of the bad things and the bad people in her life. She deserves so much better. 
    The clip from the American version of Family Fortunes when they asked  a question about her was jaw dropping
  • Thought the first episode of Bloodllands on BBC1 was pretty good.
    I thought the first episode was shockingly bad.  It feels as if its been played at half speed for English people to understand what the characters are saying. The paltry attempt at humour was staid, but maybe because they cant put the right proportion of swear words in for National TV. The only thing theyve got right so far is the Weather.  There are some really great actors in this and Im a fan of line of duty, so I was expecting a lot more from this.

The missus started watching it on iplayer this morning to pick out all the locations we know, but she had to turn it off after 20 minutes becuase the constantly moving camera with always some rope or ear out of focus in the foreground was getting on her nerves.  That gave us a bit of a laugh.

• edited February 2021
    Chaz Hill said:
    Anyone else catch the new series of ‘Unforgotten’ last night. Main character is a headless Millwall fan :/
    Unforgotten is a top class example of a crime series that only the British seem to be able to do properly .. superb and convincing acting, the plotting and writing are excellent, a real 10/10 .. 
  • Chaz Hill said:
    Anyone else catch the new series of ‘Unforgotten’ last night. Main character is a headless Millwall fan :/
    Unforgotten is a top class example of a crime series that only the British seem to be able to do properly .. superb and convincing acting, the plotting and writing are excellent, a real 10/10 .. 
    Certainly is. Going to be interesting to see where the ‘Spanner’s’ head turns up. :)
  • Chaz Hill said:
    Chaz Hill said:
    Certainly is. Going to be interesting to see where the ‘Spanner’s’ head turns up. :)
    I have not yet seen the start of series 4 .. am hoping it's as good as the last 3
  • Sponsored links:

• Chaz Hill said:
    Chaz Hill said:
    I have not yet seen the start of series 4 .. am hoping it's as good as the last 3
    I’ll say no more then. It certainly seems very promising though.
  • se9addick said:
    Any comedy recommendations? Just blasted my way through Superstore - looking for something with 20 minute episodes on netflix/prime/terrestrial
    Is superstore any good? I started watching a while ago and got through about half an episode. Thought it was dreadful. Should I have given it a chance?
    It’s not life changing, but it’s enjoyable nonsense. Has become my “falling asleep” show.

Onto season 4 of Gomorra now (definitely hit a falling asleep show!), about five episodes in and I’m worried that it’s gone off the tracks a little bit. There’s an episode shot in London that’s a good, pretty much stand alone, story similar to the series 3 episode set in Bulgaria. 
    I am also watching series 4 of Gomorrah.

I agree it seems to have lost its way and probably should have finished at the conclusion of series 3.

The episode set in London was odd and it has definitely lost its way.
  • Just started The Stranger - Netflix, last night. Not really sure if its going to be good yet one episode in, semi-slow start. Anyone else seen this and worth continuing or put in the bin?

• dogpat65 said:
    Thought the first episode of Bloodllands on BBC1 was pretty good.
    I thought the first episode was shockingly bad.  It feels as if its been played at half speed for English people to understand what the characters are saying. The paltry attempt at humour was staid, but maybe because they cant put the right proportion of swear words in for National TV. The only thing theyve got right so far is the Weather.  There are some really great actors in this and Im a fan of line of duty, so I was expecting a lot more from this.

The missus started watching it on iplayer this morning to pick out all the locations we know, but she had to turn it off after 20 minutes becuase the constantly moving camera with always some rope or ear out of focus in the foreground was getting on her nerves.  That gave us a bit of a laugh.

I didn't watch it, but my gf who is Northern Irish did, and we're currently living over here as well - she hated it. Thought it was cliched and poorly acted and didn't like the plot - probably because as with any show to do with NI its always about the bloody RA.

Although we were on the ferry that Nesbitt was on at the start of the show earlier that day so she enjoyed that.
  • Just started The Stranger - Netflix, last night. Not really sure if its going to be good yet one episode in, semi-slow start. Anyone else seen this and worth continuing or put in the bin?

It's OK, quite a good story line but poor ending. I know some on here have slagged it though.  Not one of my must watches, like Caliphate, Spiral and the Bridge. 
  • Any comedy recommendations? Just blasted my way through Superstore - looking for something with 20 minute episodes on netflix/prime/terrestrial
    Is superstore any good? I started watching a while ago and got through about half an episode. Thought it was dreadful. Should I have given it a chance?
    I got quite into it - it's not amazing - not a patch on some of the other comedies mentioned (The Office US for example) but it is very watchable and something you can tune in and out of. Something that chills me out and gives me quite a few laughs. I enjoy the character development and there are quite a few different characters you come to like.
  • Thanks for the suggestions.

Have watched quite a few already - I've watched the office US and Parks and Rec twice and really enjoyed Brooklyn 99. Just caught up with the last couple of series of Red Dwarf on Sky Go.

Veep sounds good but you don't seem to be able to stream it anywhere without buying the series. I'll give The Kominsky Method a go.
  • se9addick said:
    Any comedy recommendations? Just blasted my way through Superstore - looking for something with 20 minute episodes on netflix/prime/terrestrial
    It’s not life changing, but it’s enjoyable nonsense. Has become my “falling asleep” show.

Onto season 4 of Gomorra now (definitely hit a falling asleep show!), about five episodes in and I’m worried that it’s gone off the tracks a little bit. There’s an episode shot in London that’s a good, pretty much stand alone, story similar to the series 3 episode set in Bulgaria. 
    I am also watching series 4 of Gomorrah.

I agree it seems to have lost its way and probably should have finished at the conclusion of series 3.

The episode set in London was odd and it has definitely lost its way.
    I'm also on season 4, and agree it should've ended ( SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS), at the end of season three after Ciro died, bearing in mind he was the first person you saw in the first scene of the first episode. Even Genarro's stepped back in season 4 and let Patrizia take over. No spoilers for this series, though, as I'm only episode 7. I don't know if you Gomorrah fans know, but the guy who played Ciro directed two episodes in season 4, and he also directed a stand-alone feature-length film solely about Ciro called The Immortal. Which I'll watch after I've completed season 4.

Have watched quite a few already - I've watched the office US and Parks and Rec twice and really enjoyed Brooklyn 99. Just caught up with the last couple of series of Red Dwarf on Sky Go.

Veep sounds good but you don't seem to be able to stream it anywhere without buying the series. I'll give The Kominsky Method a go.
    Next series of Brooklyn 99 will be the last, gutted...Very funny show.
  • dogpat65 said:
    Thought the first episode of Bloodllands on BBC1 was pretty good.

I didn't watch it, but my gf who is Northern Irish did, and we're currently living over here as well - she hated it. Thought it was cliched and poorly acted and didn't like the plot - probably because as with any show to do with NI its always about the bloody RA.

Although we were on the ferry that Nesbitt was on at the start of the show earlier that day so she enjoyed that.
    I think different people look for different things in stuff like this. I’ve never had any interest in the troubles, but perhaps if it was set in SE London then I’d judge it on that. I’m just enjoying it as a serial killer/ dodgy cop drama.
  • Sponsored links:

• I just watched 2 out of 3 episodes (film length) Zen (( first shown in 2011)), really enjoyed it so far. It's an Italian police drama, but with English actors.

@moutuakilla It's a bit of a slow starter that grows on you. Give it a good chance and you'll be richly rewarded. It's hilarious towards the end of season one and then throughout season two.
  • Stumbled across Back to Life the other day when I was just scrolling through looking for something to watch.  Thought it was brilliant
  • The new Gordon Ramsey quiz on BBC1. Fucking hell, not only a strange concept but the contestants tonight were not a good starting point.
  • 5 Capital Cities outside of the UK that are more north than London?

”Manchester”

then....

”Whats the capital of the North Pole?”
  • Apparently she is a solicitor.
  • Really enjoyed this series of The Bay, thought it was a real step up from series 1. Gutted the lovely Morven Christie won’t be in S3
  • Really enjoyed this series of The Bay, thought it was a real step up from series 1. Gutted the lovely Morven Christie won’t be in S3
    SPOILER ALERT.
  • Stumbled across Back to Life the other day when I was just scrolling through looking for something to watch.  Thought it was brilliant
    Got suggested that through Netflix shuffle and really enjoyed it