Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New Tv series (REMEMBER: No Spoilers)

Comments

• Well, that’s four hours of my life wasted. The Drowning. What an absolute crock of shit that was.
     It was truly horrendous, but for some reason we also had to watch all four.
    Spent most of it laughing and taking the piss.
    Just got the last episode to watch. 
    Reading between the lines this final episode doesn’t redeem the series ....
  • Over the past two weeks I have watched Series 1,2 & 3 of Gomorrah.
    I will start Series 4 at the weekend.

Mrs Dickie didn’t like it because there was to much violence, but I really have enjoyed it.

A few years ago I spent a few weeks working in Bari.
    Daytimes were OK, but It was not a good place to walk around in the evenings.
    I can see a lot of similarities in Gomorrah between Bari and the town where Gomorrah is set. True life.

• Keep repeating myself each week but WandaVision gets better with each passing week.

If you can be patient enough to wait for the next episode on a weekly basis then now is the time to start watching as its beginning to hot up.

Wondered how the MCU would turn out after EndGame but the way things are shaping up (and with Kevin Feige at the helm) they could very well just be getting started - The latest twist at the end of todays episode either a proper red herring or just a taster of how mad things could become.

Wouldn't put it past Feige to have his foot on both pedals!! - Just one word of caution, if you do intend to focus on the MCU films (and ignore these shows), then in true Disney smarts, he's already confirmed that things wont make sense in the films if you dont watch these shows.

Certainly one way to get people's money
  • MrOneLung said:
    Well, that’s four hours of my life wasted. The Drowning. What an absolute crock of shit that was.
     It was truly horrendous, but for some reason we also had to watch all four.
    Spent most of it laughing and taking the piss.
    Just got the last episode to watch. 
    Reading between the lines this final episode doesn’t redeem the series ....
    ***spoilers in this so don’t read if not watched it all***

Ok so watched the final episode 
    what a pile of cack. 

So many holes. 

1 - obviously the brother was gonna have a massive role in the disappearance from the earlier episode where the mum said ‘you owe her’ 

2 - how did the brother get the fake dna result. He is a solicitor and not involved in the police dna procedure. He can’t just say he had the power to get it changed 

3 - did no one notice that when the boy disappeared and they were all looking for him, that one of the party was soaking wet from having been in the water 

4 - why didn’t Daniels dad just say here is the birth certificate and here are photos of us from  before the boy went missing, medical records etc 

• Rob & Romesh Vs, side splitting .
    The face on the canvas moment had me doubled over. 
  • The Totti documentary on Sky is superb
    With a guest appearance by The Bricklayers in Bromley. 
  • Over the past two weeks I have watched Series 1,2 & 3 of Gomorrah.

Mrs Dickie didn’t like it because there was to much violence, but I really have enjoyed it.

I can see a lot of similarities in Gomorrah between Bari and the town where Gomorrah is set. True life.

Where did you watch it, mate? The two places I’ve seen it, Amazon and Sky, you have to pay extra to watch it.
  • hawksmoor said:
    Over the past two weeks I have watched Series 1,2 & 3 of Gomorrah.

Where did you watch it, mate? The two places I’ve seen it, Amazon and Sky, you have to pay extra to watch it.
    Now TV
  • Sponsored links:

• hawksmoor said:
    Over the past two weeks I have watched Series 1,2 & 3 of Gomorrah.

I watched it on Sky.
    All 4 series are available in the Sky box sets section.
  • Keep repeating myself each week but WandaVision gets better with each passing week.

If you can be patient enough to wait for the next episode on a weekly basis then now is the time to start watching as its beginning to hot up.

Wondered how the MCU would turn out after EndGame but the way things are shaping up (and with Kevin Feige at the helm) they could very well just be getting started - The latest twist at the end of todays episode either a proper red herring or just a taster of how mad things could become.

Wouldn't put it past Feige to have his foot on both pedals!! - Just one word of caution, if you do intend to focus on the MCU films (and ignore these shows), then in true Disney smarts, he's already confirmed that things wont make sense in the films if you dont watch these shows.

Yeah, agreed. Really enjoying it.
    Still can’t get over how the series has been structured. If it weren’t for the fact Marvel has such a strong fan base already, they would never have done it like this - nobody would’ve stuck with it, what with the slow start and all. It would never have got off the ground.
    I’m so glad they did.
  • edited February 2021
    NORDIC NOIR ALERT

Lovers of the above, the makers of The Bridge, have produced a 10 part Finnish drama set in Helsinki called Bullets. Bullets are ISIS women who are suicide bombers.

This is available on All 4 and is a good watch. Complicated plot, which doesn't become fully clear until the end of the 9th episode.

Has anyone watched the Danish drama Those Who ho Kill? I haven't but as per The Bridge and The Killing,  the Yanks have produced their own version of it. The first episode appeared on Fox TV on Friday night. Wasn't brilliant but ok. The Yanks probably messed it up. Will persevere with it. 

I still have Scandinavian productions behind French drama in terms of quality . FWIW, as there are a lot interested on here my French 1, 2, 3 are

Spiral 
    The Bureau
    Spin.

If you can get over subtitles then you won't be disappointed in these three magnificent series. 
  • Apologies if this has already been mentioned but tonight we finished binge watching a series on Sky Atlantic called Zero Zero Zero.

8 episodes from the company that made Gomorrah, which we have yet to view.

Pretty good, lots of blood and worth a look IMO.
  • Tonight, another bout of binge watching at Fanackapan Towers.

This time, the new jewel in the Danish crown : The Investigation from BBC2 with all episodes now available.

TBH, it was something I honestly didn't fancy but am SO pleased that we "gave it a go"".

I did recall the the news item back in 2017 of the horrific, so called "submarine murder"  and the 6 episodes did far more than bring every detail of its investigation into sharp focus.

As with Spiral, a strong affinity was formed with the main characters, albeit that this time they are not fictional. In fact, cold hearted Fanny who never comes over all emotional when bad things happen to people on TV but blubs whenever an animal is involved, actually broke her duck tonight ( no pun intended!)

I strongly advise those Lifers who are happy with subtitles to try this one. It really is something special.

However, should you need an extra shove in its direction, I'll add that the main character is a handsome, mature Dane that the ladies especially won't want to miss ....

...and who is the spitting image of someone we know well. 

Step forward our very own @KillersBeard aka Valley Pass co-commentator, Terry !!! 

Come on ! 

You have to watch it now ! 
  • Fanny!
    I fear lockdown has been unkind to you 😳

I totally agree about the Investigation, absolutely brilliant series.

But as for my Bruv looking like Jens? Erm 😐 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

I shall never hear the last of it 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
  • Fanny!
    I fear lockdown has been unkind to you 😳

I totally agree about the Investigation, absolutely brilliant series.

But as for my Bruv looking like Jens? Erm 😐 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

I shall never hear the last of it 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
    Lockdown has definitely been unkind to me ! Thank the lawd we're not zooming!

However, with the assistance of Specsavers, sight is one of the senses  that's remained unaffected.... 

But I'm pleased to have brought a smile to the faces of the Smith clan albeit that wasn't my intention....

When the handsome Jens graced our TV  with his presence, I HONESTLY thought our Tel had given up his day job for the silver screen! 

Ah well, it is a great watch and one I'd thoroughly recommend to others. 

Time to prepare Bobby Moore's lunch....😎
  • NORDIC NOIR ALERT

Lovers of the above, the makers of The Bridge, have produced a 10 part Finnish drama set in Helsinki called Bullets. Bullets are ISIS women who are suicide bombers.

This is available on All 4 and is a good watch. Complicated plot, which doesn't become fully clear until the end of the 9th episode.

Has anyone watched the Danish drama Those Who ho Kill? I haven't but as per The Bridge and The Killing,  the Yanks have produced their own version of it. The first episode appeared on Fox TV on Friday night. Wasn't brilliant but ok. The Yanks probably messed it up. Will persevere with it. 

I still have Scandinavian productions behind French drama in terms of quality . FWIW, as there are a lot interested on here my French 1, 2, 3 are

Spiral 
    The Bureau
    Spin.

If you can get over subtitles then you won't be disappointed in these three magnificent series. 
    100% agree with those French recommendations. Still searching in vain for a way to get my hands on the Bureau S5. I dont mind paying for it, but I draw the line at taking out a sub to an entire channnel just to watch this.
    I’m not sure I’d agree or disagree that French beats Scandi. I think they are equally brilliant but different. I would assume the French generally have bigger budgets, especially The Bureau with its locations. The Scandis have been influential way beyond their territory. e.g. the way Line of Duty ends each episode with the portentous theme music fading in, leaving you thirsting for more- they learnt that trick from The Killing, I would bet a lot of money on that.
  • Zero zero zero was excellent, And i was sceptical as its another cartel series. 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited February 2021
    Just started ‘The Vanishing at Cecil Hotel’ on Netflix. Very good first episode.
  • Watched Its a sin over the last 2 nights 

Very very good and the guy from years and years was a standout. What an Angel his friend was. And Keeley Hawes acting her socks off in the last episode 
  • edited February 2021

Carter said:
    Watched Its a sin over the last 2 nights 

Very very good and the guy from years and years was a standout. What an Angel his friend was. And Keeley Hawes acting her socks off in the last episode 
    Started this last night, watched a couple of episodes so far, very good, and very interesting, I'm a 90s kid so AIDS was mostly understood by then, so to see people that naive to eat a decade earlier is eye opening.

• Carter said:
    Watched Its a sin over the last 2 nights 

Started this last night, watched a couple of episodes so far, very good, and very interesting, I'm a 90s kid so AIDS was mostly understood by then, so to see people that naive to eat a decade earlier is eye opening.
    I think what makes the series so good is that it really captures the level of bigotry, fear and ignorance from the time. So much of people's lives had to be hidden to appease their families.

• Watched the first 4. It's a great series and a reminder of just how quickly attitudes have changed
  • Me again ! 

At the risk of fast becoming the expert on Danish series, another was binge watched over the past couple of evenings here in Wadhurst.

And it proved to be another triumph for our very own Great Dane's kith & kin.

1st episode on Channel 4 ( Walter Presents) followed by the entire 6 episodes on All 4, entitled Deliver Us. 

Another one for your growing list of " must sees" with the twist in the final scene indicating the likelihood of a follow up to come.

Next ! 
  • Finished It's a Sin, very good.

Third episode was the standout.
  • edited February 2021
    Keep repeating myself each week but WandaVision gets better with each passing week.

I don't know about the films not making sense of you don't watch the shows, FA. As I have never watched the films or the shows, I hardly understand a word of this post... 🥴😁
  • Anyway, so I'm watching Gomorrah now.