Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New Tv series (REMEMBER: No Spoilers)

Comments

• se9addick said:
    Rothko said:
    watched It’s a Sin last night, excellent, brilliantly put together, great story writing, and puts you through the emotional rollercoaster 
    It was good, some dodgy acting though (including the main character). 
    Just finished watching it - thought it was excellent. Keeley Hawes was the standout and it captured the period really well. 
  • edited January 2021
    Two part documentary

• Watched the first part earlier, very good. His old man a strange bloke and his mum weren’t much better.
  • Watched the first part earlier, very good. His old man a strange bloke and his mum weren’t much better.
    Yeah seen it myself, agree his dad was a little odd.
  • Glovepup said:
    Watched the first part earlier, very good. His old man a strange bloke and his mum weren’t much better.
    What is it showing on?
  • Glovepup said:
    Watched the first part earlier, very good. His old man a strange bloke and his mum weren’t much better.
    What is it showing on?
    Sky docs
  • Opening episode of Finding Alice tonight I found very weak. Normally love any drama Keely Hawes is in 
    Can report the 2nd episode was even more crap than the first 
  • Opening episode of Finding Alice tonight I found very weak. Normally love any drama Keely Hawes is in 
    Agreed, I gave it 10 mins & gave up, absolute crap.
    My wife tells me she buried her husband in their garden!
    Is it meant to be funny? Because it isn’t. 
  • Am I allowed to say I find Keeley Hawes extremely irritating? Give me Olivia Coleman any day!
  • Sponsored links:

It is supposed to be dark humour. I enjoyed the first episode but thought the second one on Sunday was too slow & too much about the funeral. I was pleased that her daughter showed the police the CCTV & mentioned to her mum about finding the fertility clinic stuff. 
  • Am I allowed to say I find Keeley Hawes extremely irritating? Give me Olivia Coleman any day!

Certainly not!!!!
    Olivia is a very good actress.
    But she is NOT Keeley...
    Totally agree. 
    It is supposed to be dark humour. I enjoyed the first episode but thought the second one on Sunday was too slow & too much about the funeral. I was pleased that her daughter showed the police the CCTV & mentioned to her mum about finding the fertility clinic stuff. 
    It’s frustrating because I’m invested in bits of it, how he died, why he died, the fertility clinic letter, the son, but don’t care for any of the characters or feel sad for them. I will carry on but will prob moan about every episode. Didn’t help I wanted to punch her face when she was all smiley at the funeral. 
  • It’s just all a hit ‘meh’ isn’t it. 

torn as to whether to rip the plaster off and just binge the rest of the series to get it over and done with, or to just put up with it for an hour a week.  

Certainly not!!!!
    But she is NOT Keeley...
     I have to say, I'm into the 3rd series of the crown, watched 4 and I'm really struggling with Coleman as the queen.
    The girl who played her in the first two series was so much better.

Certainly not!!!!
    But she is NOT Keeley...
     I have to say, I'm into the 3rd series of the crown, watched 4 and I'm really struggling with Coleman as the queen.
    I think you will find her performance in the 4th series a lot better.

Re Finding Alice, I blew it out after the first episode. My wife persevered but gave up after about 20 minutes of the second episode. 

Certainly not!!!!
    But she is NOT Keeley...

Re Finding Alice, I blew it out after the first episode. My wife persevered but gave up after about 20 minutes of the second episode. 
    Definitely better in 4th.

Definitely not as good as Claire Foy.
  • I think Keeley Hawes is a very versatile actress and the more things I've seen in her the more she impresses me. She doesn't overreact like some actresses. 
  • I think Keeley Hawes is a very versatile actress and the more things I've seen in her the more she impresses me. She doesn't overreact like some actresses. 
    have you watched Finding Alice though? 
  • Sponsored links:

have you watched Finding Alice though? 
    No. Last thing I saw her in was It's a Sin.
    Haven't seen Finding Alice - mixed reviews by the sound of it.

Certainly not!!!!
    But she is NOT Keeley...

Definitely better in 4th.

Definitely not as good as Claire Foy.
    took a while to get used to her, but I think she is better than Claire Foy

• Finding Alice...oh dear. Just a bit of a mess despite a fine cast. Keeley has built up a fine body of work in recent years (including a delightful comic touch in The Durrells). But in this she is just rude and irritating. 

The Bay second series on the other hand has improved on the its first outing. Quite a shock at the beginning of the first episode and the police case and home tensions for the lead character (who actually should have been drummed out of the force in the first series) is building nicely.

ITV have been pulling out some good stuff recently. But hey ho, Marcella is back on our screens this week!

The Crown has now moved into the times I remember well and doesn't have the same punch for me that the first two series had when covering the forties and fifties. When I first watched Claire Foy, I thought no, her features more resemble Princess Beatrice. But her superb acting and her ability to get the Queen's voice patterns just right meant she just grew into the role.  
  • I've watched the following in 2021:

Caliphate - 9/10
    The Serpent - 7/10
    Industry - 3/10
    Night Stalker - 6/10
    The Pembrokeshire Murders - 7/10

Caliphate was so good that we couldn't go to bed after 4 episodes. Had to finish the lot and went to bed at about half 3.

We'll be moving on to The Spy after Charlton beat MK tonight.
    the fifth episode of Its a Sin, she is unbelievably good, presence on the screen was amazing, although Valerie was a right bitch (product of the time, but even so)
  • I've watched the following in 2021:

Caliphate - 9/10
    The Serpent - 7/10
    Industry - 3/10
    Night Stalker - 6/10
    The Pembrokeshire Murders - 7/10

Caliphate was so good that we couldn't go to bed after 4 episodes. Had to finish the lot and went to bed at about half 3.

We'll be moving on to The Spy after Charlton beat MK tonight.
    If you enjoyed Caliphate can I recommend No Man's Land on Prime via Starzplay. About women who fight ISIS in Syria with a brother trying to bring his sister back home.
  • Rothko said:
    I think Keeley Hawes is a very versatile actress and the more things I've seen in her the more she impresses me. She doesn't overreact like some actresses. 
    the fifth episode of Its a Sin, she is unbelievably good, presence on the screen was amazing, although Valerie was a right bitch (product of the time, but even so)
    Agree I thought it was an amazing piece of acting and very believable. Her character was horrible but as you say her attitude reflected the time.

There were many parallels between the attitude to Covid and the attitude to Aids. We forget how ignorant people were back then.

• The wife is watching Bridgerton which I am quite enjoying myself
  • The wife...lol