Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New Tv series (REMEMBER: No Spoilers)

Comments

• edited January 2021
    We finished series 2 of The Bay tonight & found it one of the best that ITV has produced for some time.

Decent characters & well worth a watch.
    Watched the first episode of series 2 last night and already ‘into it’.

only minor grumble is with such a well known cast it’s hard seeing them in different roles, relationships etc to what you are used to in other shows. Example, The police boss keeps distinctively saying ‘Lisa’, but he kept saying it in Mount Pleasant as that was his wife’s name
  • MrOneLung said:
    Have binged all four seasons of The Crown. 

Quite enjoyed it. 

My musings are:

much preferred the queen and Philip from series 3/4 to the first two series. 

The actress playing Diana is poor. 

Gillian Anderson doesn’t play Thatcher very well. 

Princess Anne is good. 

missed bits as was looking up to see if various things shown actually happened!! 
    We've just finished season 2 and quite enjoyed it, I've studied history and still learned a lot from it, I'd never heard of the Marburg Files before, that episode blew me away.
  • We finished series 2 of The Bay tonight & found it one of the best that ITV has produced for some time.

Watched Series 1 and wasn't that fussed but then I like Morven Christie so tempted to give Series 2 a go.

Is it a completely different storyline but with the same police department etc?

• We finished series 2 of The Bay tonight & found it one of the best that ITV has produced for some time.

Watched Series 1 and wasn't that fussed but then I like Morven Christie so tempted to give Series 2 a go.

Yes, same department, different storyline 
  • Have watched the first episode of second series.

Must admit thought the first series was poor from the get go.

Hope this one is better

Yes, same department, different storyline 
    Thanks may give it a go then.
  • Riverdale (Netflix) fans, is back. I didn't see anything advertised but noticed it was back last night. Will be the next one i watch, but highly recommend it a good series, went a bit off on tangent in bits but overall its decent. 
    Sort of high school drama/ thriller, wont be for everyone but i like it. 
  • Loving Cobra Kai. Almost done on season 2 but really enjoyable, cheesy entertainment.

Flip side of that; I started watching Night Stalker. Only 1 episodes in and it does make uncomfortable viewing. The randomness of the guy's victims and the different ways he killed or attacked them. Pure evil
  • edited January 2021
    Don't know why this hasn't been mentioned here yet, but a new series of The Architecture The Railways Built started this week on Yesterday

https://yesterday.uktv.co.uk/shows/the-architecture-the-railways-built/

If you like railways (who doesn't?!), architecture or history, then this is a great watch. 

I think I have now qualified as officially middle-aged as I love this show and Abandoned Engineering. Yesterday is pretty much my favourite TV channel! 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2021
    Night Stalker was compulsive viewing. I had no prior knowledge of this serial killer so didn't know how it would develop. Very well made with real photos and footage from the time. Not for the faint hearted and what he did was truly sickening but very, very interesting. Highly recommend it but don't read up on it before you watch it as it's best not to know anything about it. 
  • Been watching a new series on Cinema HD which is still airing in the States called Your Honour, its really good & has Brian Cranston in it from Breaking Bad. Definitely recommended.
  • Wilma said:
    Don't know why this hasn't been mentioned here yet, but a new series of The Architecture The Railways Built started this week on Yesterday

If you like railways (who doesn't?!), architecture or history, then this is a great watch. 

I think I have now qualified as officially middle-aged as I love this show and Abandoned Engineering. Yesterday is pretty much my favourite TV channel! 
    We're not called Train Spotters for nothing!!
  • I really wanna give The Bay a go but I find the main copper woman extremely irritating 
  • Just finished 7 Seconds on Netflix and enjoyed it.

Set in New York a black kid gets knocked off his bike in a park by a plain clothes cop, he calls his mates and they let the kid die and start a massive cover up.

If you like your stories with corrupt cops, drug dealers and a gritty storyline give it a go. The lead detective chasing the culprits is the guy who plays the priest in Ozark.
  • The Investigation on BBC2 starts in half hour or so, and looks good - at leats for us Scandi TV lovers who don't mind subs. @bolloxbolder you got this?

It's the story of the murder of journalist Kim Wall by the bloke with the home-made submarine. Made with the co-operation of her parents apparently.
  • The Investigation on BBC2 starts in half hour or so, and looks good - at leats for us Scandi TV lovers who don't mind subs. @bolloxbolder you got this?

It's the story of the murder of journalist Kim Wall by the bloke with the home-made submarine. Made with the co-operation of her parents apparently.
    Yes, just watched the first episode. A good start. Remember this in the news at the time. 
  • Wilma said:

Abandoned engineering is a great show. 

Watched the first episode of series 2 last night and already ‘into it’.

only minor grumble is with such a well known cast it’s hard seeing them in different roles, relationships etc to what you are used to in other shows. Example, The police boss keeps distinctively saying ‘Lisa’, but he kept saying it in Mount Pleasant as that was his wife’s name
    I find Morven Christie’s accent confusing compared to The A Word. 
  • 'This Fishing Life' on BBC .. NOT about Grimsby but Cornwall .. tough way to make a living, but very lucrative when it goes well 
  • Sponsored links:

• Wilma said:

Abandoned engineering is a great show. 
    I saw an episode once and it didn’t even have an old nazi installation featured in it. 

Fuming 
  • edited January 2021
    Season 2 of Back is available to binge. 
    The Geoff character cracks me up.

Another great work by Simon Blackwell. 

It's the story of the murder of journalist Kim Wall by the bloke with the home-made submarine. Made with the co-operation of her parents.
    Watched the first 2 episodes last night. Didn't realise it was based on fact. Usually like a good Scandi drama but felt this one was very "clunky". Didn't really flow & felt as if the dialogue was strained. Interested to find out what really happened so will persevere & wont Google before the end of the series. 
  • HBO are working on a Dunk & Egg series, a Game of Thrones prequel.

It's the second prequel now confirmed and yet there's barely any hype.  I've never known a show plummet so badly - from everyone being obsessed to no one caring due to a terrible last series.
  • edited January 2021
    watched It’s a Sin last night, excellent, brilliantly put together, great story writing, and puts you through the emotional rollercoaster 
  • Rothko said:
    watched It’s a Sin last night, excellent, brilliantly put together, great story writing, and puts you through the emotional rollercoaster 
    Agreed, thought it was very good
  • HBO are working on a Dunk & Egg series, a Game of Thrones prequel.

It's the second prequel now confirmed and yet there's barely any hype.  I've never known a show plummet so badly - from everyone being obsessed to no one caring due to a terrible last series.

MrOneLung said:
    Have binged all four seasons of The Crown. 

Quite enjoyed it. 

My musings are:

much preferred the queen and Philip from series 3/4 to the first two series. 

The actress playing Diana is poor. 

Gillian Anderson doesn’t play Thatcher very well. 

Princess Anne is good. 

missed bits as was looking up to see if various things shown actually happened!! 
    We've just finished season 2 and quite enjoyed it, I've studied history and still learned a lot from it, I'd never heard of the Marburg Files before, that episode blew me away.
    I enjoyed the Dunk and Egg book, it would make a decent series in the right hands 

I'm still conflicted about the last series, we undoubtedly got some amazing visual TV but like a lot of people I find myself watching repeats of the early seasons unable to not wonder how they went from the malevolent, scheming, tense drama to the mayhem of the final episodes. Paddy Considine is signed up to play the main man in the other prequels 
  • Season 2 of Back is available to binge. 
    The Geoff character cracks me up.

Another great work by Simon Blackwell. 

Hadn't heard of this until I saw a preview. Found series one first and have now binged all twelve episodes.

As you say, Geoff is a great character.
  • Rothko said:
    It was good, some dodgy acting though (including the main character). 
  • Night Stalker superb on Netflix