Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New Tv series (REMEMBER: No Spoilers)

Comments

• Options
    4 episodes in and enjoying The Serpent. Agree that the first episode might cause some to give up as its a bit slow but it does pick up the pace. One thing to pay attention is on timeliness as it does jump around a lot!
  • Options
    Carter said:
    I never caught Uncle when it was on channel 4 years ago. Been watching it today and its excellent, some genuine belly laughs and well written. Lots of very talented people involved especially Ian Helm and Daisy Haggard but props to the actor who plays Ian Helms nephew

Nick Helm.

Great show and the songs are so good. 
  • Options
    Does The Serpent liven up as it goes on, just watched episode one and was under whelmed after reading the some of the comments above.
    We just watched episode two and jacked it in after 30 minutes, god it is slow. Not for us.  
    I just watched the 3rd episode tonight and felt it was the strongest one so far. The focus on a character that previously had been fairly peripheral worked really well.
  • Options
    Wilma said:
    Carter said:
    I never caught Uncle when it was on channel 4 years ago. Been watching it today and its excellent, some genuine belly laughs and well written. Lots of very talented people involved especially Ian Helm and Daisy Haggard but props to the actor who plays Ian Helms nephew

Nick Helm.

Great show and the songs are so good. 
    My mistake i was pretty tired when I posted that last night, shameful one as I'm a fan of Nick Helms work full stop 

Imagine the person I had invented is the bastard child of Ian Holm and Nick Helm a beardy hobbit 
  • Options
    Does The Serpent liven up as it goes on, just watched episode one and was under whelmed after reading the some of the comments above.
    We just watched episode two and jacked it in after 30 minutes, god it is slow. Not for us.  
    Far too slow. Twice as long as it should have been. 

Felt like a chore in the end trying to finish it. 
  • Options
    I gave up with The Serpent, didn’t like it at all. Far too slow, plus the bloke was a real life monster but instead it felt like I was watching a soap character.
  • Options
    A new season of 'Vikings' is on Amazon for all you Viking lovers.
  • Options
    Doing a 7 day apple TV trial. Been hammering Ted Lasso this evening, very well done. 

They seem to have some decent headline content im hoping to get through this week 
  • Options
    The few I have caught up with recently due to recommendations on here

Industry 2/10
    The Undoing 3/10
    Bob and Mortimer fishing 7/10
    Queens Gambit 7/10
    Cobra Kai 8/10

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Oh and Toast of London whoever recommended that I would give 8/10 enjoyed that 
  • Options
    3 episodes into The Serpent and enjoying it, think it's very tense.
  • Options
    4 episodes into Mr Robot. A bit mental at times but enjoying it.
  • Options
    Surprised a few didn't like The Serpent, I was gripped the whole way through. 

Just started Caliphate, first episode was promising.
  • Options

Caliphate is outstanding. If you enjoy it check out No Man's Land on Starzplay. 
  • Options

Caliphate is outstanding. If you enjoy it check out No Man's Land on Starzplay. 
    Nice one, will add it to my list as it sounds like something I'd like
  • Options
    What's Starzplay?
  • Options
    It's happening again.

Shooting starts in May for David Lynch's new TV series - Unrecorded Night, which will be broadcast on Netflix.

The show previously had the working title Wisteria, which has fuelled speculation that it will be a Twin Peaks spin-off. Lynch has gone on record in stating that he would like to further develop a story around the character Carrie Paige, who was Laura Palmer's doppelganger from the end of Twin Peaks season 3. Carrie was discovered by Agent Cooper living in Odessa, Texas. It so happens that Wisteria is a street in Odessa, hence the speculation.

The cast for Unrecorded Night is yet to be revealed. My guess is that Sheryl Lee, Kyle McLachlan and Laura Dern will feature.
  • Options

Serpent was too slow and jumped back and forth too much for us, and as a lot have said above.  
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    mendonca said:
    What's Starzplay?
    Its an Add-on streaming service to Amazon Prime. Think its about £5 per month.
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    mendonca said:
    What's Starzplay?
    Its an Add-on streaming service to Amazon Prime. Think its about £5 per month.
    Yeah up until 6 Jan they were offering it for 99p a month for 3 months which I took up along with Acorn since it has a lot of foreign stuff which more than ever seems to be becoming my thing.

Sometimes you can get these channels for free trial periods of a week or 30 days. Re the current offer looks like you don't have to keep for 3 months. I'll probably ditch Starzplay after a month as really I just wanted to catch the last 5 episodes of Power II.

Currently enjoying the first series of The Girlfriend Experience. Anyone else seen it and if so know where I could catch series 2?
  • Options
    New to this thread but finished watching a couple of things recently:

- Industry, absolutely loved it! the Mrs & I can't wait for S2
    - The Undoing, started well but a flat ending. I found Nicole Kidman's plastic face and her inability to move it really distracting 
    - Ted Lasso, Superb TV amusing but has a real feel good factor about it - and we can all do with that right now eh!

I've just started the Last Kingdom and the first episode was impressive. Anyone else watched it through?

Thx.
  • Options
    Just started season 4 of the Last Kingdom. It's consistently good (but not brilliant IMO) all the way through. 
  • Options
    Jints said:
    Just started season 4 of the Last Kingdom. It's consistently good (but not brilliant IMO) all the way through. 
    Its biggest fault is it strays from the books a bit when it doesnt really need to
  • Options
    Thanks for the feedback, I'm watching it while on the spin bike so hopefully it holds my attention through the pain :)
  • Options
    Started watching WandaVision on Disney+ today

First two episodes released today with them out on a weekly basis a bit like the Mandalorian - Its good to have the MCU back, especially seeing how things will go now the first story is pretty much over.

Can only describe their first foray into a TV show style format (Plenty more are coming) as bizarre, kind of took that from the trailers anyway but where the story is going with this has yet to truly be revealed. 

Quite an interesting approach though with each episode in the form of a sitcom through the decades so the first two were in the 50s and 60s, shot in Black and White and with a proper studio audience for the laughter etc. 
  • Options
    Night Stalker on Netflix. About Richard Ramirez, 4 part documentary. So well made.
  • Options
    Night Stalker on Netflix. About Richard Ramirez, 4 part documentary. So well made.
    Not sure I’d be able to watch that and sleep after 
  • Options
    Opening episode of Finding Alice tonight I found very weak. Normally love any drama Keely Hawes is in