Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New Tv series (REMEMBER: No Spoilers)

Comments

• Options
    Rattled through series 3 of Cobra Kai.

I can't put my finger on why this should be shit but is bloody excellent??
    Its ridiculous... Child Gangs effectively going round beating the shit out of each other

and the police are never anywhere to be found!!

Was beginning to worry no one else would bother with it seeing its not had another mention on this thread as yet
    I've not caught up with the 3rd series yet but will soon I'm sure. Really enjoyed season 1 and 2 and look forward to binging (is that a word?) Series 3.
  • Options
    Season 3 was class mate 
  • Options
    Not new but I'm having a giggle watching Deadbeat on Prime. Bizarre and very off-beat and naughty!
  • Options
    I've been tearing through 'Staged' this week. Very funny webcam comedy that's set during the pandemic. Michael Sheen and David Tennant are both excellent playing exaggerated versions of themselves.
  • Options
    I've been tearing through 'Staged' this week. Very funny webcam comedy that's set during the pandemic. Michael Sheen and David Tennant are both excellent playing exaggerated versions of themselves.
    Really enjoyed the first series, back soon isn't it?
  • Options
    I haven't seen the second series yet but I think it's already up on iPlayer.
  • Options
    Carter said:
    Season 3 was class mate 
    It was terrible but thoroughly enjoyable. It’s definitely a guilty pleasure, acting is average at best and some of the karate is woeful. I still loved it though! 
  • Options
    Carter said:
    Season 3 was class mate 
    It was terrible but thoroughly enjoyable. It’s definitely a guilty pleasure, acting is average at best and some of the karate is woeful. I still loved it though! 
    Thats it, no acting awards will be dished out but its just such good entertainment. The lines are obvious but they were in Karate Kid and they have got the balance right of nostalgia and moving the plot along. 

• Options
    kafka said:
    Jints said:
    rina said:
    Finally finished Schitt's Creek. That has to be as good as a 6 season sitcom gets, it started off great, got better and ended perfectly. So many characters all of which you actually care about and genuinely funny
    rina said:
    Finally finished Schitt's Creek. That has to be as good as a 6 season sitcom gets, it started off great, got better and ended perfectly. So many characters all of which you actually care about and genuinely funny
    I was so sad when it was over. I’m watching again from the start next week when I’m off work. 
    Croydon said:
    rina said:
    I was so sad when it was over. I’m watching again from the start next week when I’m off work. 
    Just restarted it for the 3rd time. It's brilliant!
    You guys need to help me out here. I watched the first episode yesterday, is that an indication of the rest of it? As I was severe scratching my head at the end in thinking how can anyone have found anything to rave about with this pile of poop!
    I've watched it all the way through and didn't like it as much as others (I wouldn't watch it a second time). Like you, I really hated it at first and only continued because it had had so many positive reviews and awards. It definately improves from about mid way through the first series as the awful charaters become more well-rounded and start to learn from their experience. It ends up being genunely heart warming with some really good moments. For me, it's a solid 8/10
    I'm on  series 4 and have enjoyed it to date. I have to say though that now David is in a serious relationship, it's lost some edge. I liked his angst ridden sarcasm and now he's gone soft and I feel its a bit heavy on the box ticking gay relationship angle. Will stick with it though, as it's a light relief from most of the murder driven dramas. 

Just finished S2 of Succession which really grew on me and looking forward to S3. Just started Tin Star now - good so far after 3 episodes.

kafka said:
    Jints said:
    rina said:
    rina said:
    Croydon said:
    rina said:
    Just restarted it for the 3rd time. It's brilliant!
    You guys need to help me out here. I watched the first episode yesterday, is that an indication of the rest of it? As I was severe scratching my head at the end in thinking how can anyone have found anything to rave about with this pile of poop!
    I've watched it all the way through and didn't like it as much as others (I wouldn't watch it a second time). Like you, I really hated it at first and only continued because it had had so many positive reviews and awards. It definately improves from about mid way through the first series as the awful charaters become more well-rounded and start to learn from their experience. It ends up being genunely heart warming with some really good moments. For me, it's a solid 8/10
    I'm on  series 4 and have enjoyed it to date. I have to say though that now David is in a serious relationship, it's lost some edge. I liked his angst ridden sarcasm and now he's gone soft and I feel its a bit heavy on the box ticking gay relationship angle. Will stick with it though, as it's a light relief from most of the murder driven dramas. 

Just finished S2 of Succession which really grew on me and looking forward to S3. Just started Tin Star now - good so far after 3 episodes.
    Just watched Tin Star over 3 evenings and loved it 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I haven't seen the second series yet but I think it's already up on iPlayer.
    Yes it is, and still funny
  • Options
    What other show is Tin Star similar to?  

Seen mixed reviews but don’t know what it’s about
  • Options
    Just finished Ozark series 3. Just so good. The brother is a superb actor.
    Nice one, I am on Episode 6 of Season 1 and really enjoying it so far.
  • Options

Tin Star, for me, started well, lost it's way a bit in season 2 and blew me away in season 3.

Personally, I think season 3 could be watched without seeing the other 2 series first.

Hard to describe other shows similar, tho.
  • Options

Tin Star, for me, started well, lost it's way a bit in season 2 and blew me away in season 3.

Personally, I think season 3 could be watched without seeing the other 2 series first.

Hard to describe other shows similar, tho.
    Totally agree......

Season 1 was good.
    Season 2 was nowhere near as good (and I don't think I even finished it).
    Season 3 was the best of the lot and I don't feel I missed out on anything by not finishing season 2.
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    Did anyone else watch the series called 'A Teacher' on BBC 2 every night since Sunday?
    What a crap ending. I felt so cheated.

Edit to attract @bolloxbolder as I see now that he had already asked the same question.

Is it just me that thinks that a 30 year old having sex with her 18 year old student isn't such a big deal? It's not to be encouraged but they are consenting adults, and he was more than enthusiastic.

In this series not only is she ostracized from society but in the end he also turns against her. I thought the series was going to make a completely different statement.
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    I'm glad some of you have mentioned Tin Star. I was really tempted to give it a swerve as I hated Season 2. Thanks for highlighting Season 3 is a big improvement, binged 3 episodes last night and totally agree, been excellent. 
  • Options
    I know its not everyones cup of tea, its the definition of Trash TV..

On netflix The Circle - USA, for anyone who enjoyed UK version on channel four its a must. 

Its just an easy watch and i loved it and binged it in a few days, just people who live in a hotel but they interact in their own social media world, some are real some are catfish etc and they rank and vote. Its not for everyone but i personally enjoyed it. 
  • Options
    Could everyone mention on what media they've found their series please? (Like @johnnybev1987 above)
  • Options
    Could everyone mention on what media they've found their series please? (Like @johnnybev1987 above)
    Useful site to bookmark @jimmymelrose

https://www.justwatch.com/

Tells you which streaming service a program is on.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2021
    👍🏻
  • Options
    Does The Serpent liven up as it goes on, just watched episode one and was under whelmed after reading the some of the comments above.
    We just watched episode two and jacked it in after 30 minutes, god it is slow. Not for us.  
  • Options
    Saw a post on Facebook that said ‘any good Netflix Box Set recommendations’.

Someone replied ‘The Serpent on iPlayer’ (it’s really good btw)

Are we turning into a nation of sheeple where we can’t think outside the Netflix ‘box’ as it’s the latest and coolest thing, disregarding any other broadcasters ..... much like the TV equivalent of those that only listen to Heart or Capital and think that’s the limit of music?

Anyway... The Masked Singer was good tonight!

• Options

Are we turning into a nation of sheeple where we can’t think outside the Netflix ‘box’ as it’s the latest and coolest thing, disregarding any other broadcasters ..... much like the TV equivalent of those that only listen to Heart or Capital and think that’s the limit of music?

Ha, I was with you until you said The Masked Singer.
    You're suffering from cabin fever.
  • Options

I was showing interest in your post until you mentioned the masked singer, that show has to be up there with the very worst ever made.
  • Options
    I never caught Uncle when it was on channel 4 years ago. Been watching it today and its excellent, some genuine belly laughs and well written. Lots of very talented people involved especially Ian Helm and Daisy Haggard but props to the actor who plays Ian Helms nephew

• Options
    Another
    Does The Serpent liven up as it goes on, just watched episode one and was under whelmed after reading the some of the comments above.
    We just watched episode two and jacked it in after 30 minutes, god it is slow. Not for us.  

I can understand and at first I didn't like the way the plot was moving from one period in time to another but after getting used to that I thoroughly enjoyed it, with the added interest of it being predominantly set in Bangkok, The production team did an excellent job in finding the right locations to recreate the 1970s and I found myself attempting to recognise where filming was taking place, and usually failing!

Looking at the end credits it was great to see so much Thai involvement and compared to the hammy acting seen on Thai TV, the Thai cast did very well. Not sure how native French speakers would like the accents of some of the main characters but they seemed OK to me.
  • Options
    Tin Star for me was really good,series 1 was brilliant and series 2 good ,not seen 3 yet 
  • Options

It’s because peoples viewing habits have changed. They don’t want a series where you watch one episode a week on terrestrial television. They want to be able to watch a couple of episodes a night and see the whole series over a week. 
    The mainstream channels are now
    realising this which is why more of their series are starting to be streamed in entirety on iplayer etc in addition to the traditional weekly episodes. 
  • Options
    Very late to the show here but just discovered Ghosts. It's so gloriously daft