Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New Tv series (REMEMBER: No Spoilers)

Comments

• Options
    I'm not sure if I should admit this, but I'm starting to get into "Industry"....there's definitely some good acting performances to enjoy there.
    Not sure if you've picked up on it yet @PragueAddick but BBC4 have started trailing the final series of Spiral this week. No date yet, just coming soon. 
    Series 8 of Spiral is supposed to be on BBC4 on 2nd January. Absolutely essential viewing. The very best of foreign TV drama. 
    Great news Bollox. I can't believe I've been watching it for 15 years now. Jeez, where have those years gone!
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    far from new (1983/84) but the SYFY channel are showing the complete V franchise 

edit: annoyingly though it doesn't look like they are repeating the first episode which was on last night. maybe it will go on catch up eventually. 
  • Options
    I'm not sure if I should admit this, but I'm starting to get into "Industry"....there's definitely some good acting performances to enjoy there.
    Not sure if you've picked up on it yet @PragueAddick but BBC4 have started trailing the final series of Spiral this week. No date yet, just coming soon. 
    Series 8 of Spiral is supposed to be on BBC4 on 2nd January. Absolutely essential viewing. The very best of foreign TV drama. 
    Great news. Hope its importing isn’t dependent on a trade deal
  • Options
    Bit disappointed with the newer series of His Dark Materials, thought the first season was very good, 2nd not really caught the imagination. 
  • Options
    Great news Bollox. I can't believe I've been watching it for 15 years now. Jeez, where have those years gone!
    15 years? Yes...when it first appeared it was running more or less alongside The Killing, the first of the big Scandi police dramas, and I remember thinking how interesting the comparison was. Two female police leads with flawed characters - but everything else subtly different, especially the corner-cutting of the French cops. So Laure and co. have gone on to outlive The Killing, the Bridge and Borgen. That says something. 

Perfect news for a dry and locked-down January. Bring it on. 
  • Options
    All 7 series of Spiral are now on iplayer.

Have watched a couple of really good Canadian series on Netflix recently. The first was Intelligence which over two series covers drug running in Vancouver plus the building of a Canadian intelligence service.

The second was Bad Blood a portrayal of a true story surrounding Vito who until recently ran the drug operation in Montreal. Very well acted and a remarkable story. If anything the second series was better than the first. 
  • Options
    Just subscribed to Disney+ for the month: any recommendations other than the Mandalorian?
  • Options
    Just subscribed to Disney+ for the month: any recommendations other than the Mandalorian?
    Agents of Shield if u missed it on channel 4, it starts of well but after about series 4 it goes downhill
  • Options
    Any Pixar films you've not seen.  Inside Out and Coco are class.

Mighty Ducks.

Home Alone 1&2.

Free Solo.

Rogue One.
  • Options
    Any Pixar films you've not seen.  Inside Out and Coco are class.

Mighty Ducks.

Home Alone 1&2.

Free Solo.

Rogue One.
    Free Solo and Coco are both class.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Really enjoying the latest episodes of The Expanse. Much better than last season.
  • Options
    The Ripper on Netflix is excellent. The police up in Yorkshire were useless.
  • Options
    If you haven't watched the mandalorian you should 

Don't need to be a star wars nut just be aware of its existence, brilliantly written and Pedro Pascal smashes it 
  • Options
    The Ripper on Netflix is excellent. The police up in Yorkshire were useless.
    Watched it today. They made so many basic errors and simply disregarded so much potentially important information.
  • Options
    TELTEL
    edited December 2020
    Over here in the backwaters.....Just seen series 3 of Victoria, was really enjoyable and  Gemma Coleman was a pleasure to watch. Will try and track down the first two series.

Watched seasons 1-5 of Wentworth, cant believe how good it was, most Aussie productions are very tongue in cheek. This was pretty edgy.

Loved every second of The Queens Gambit, the poise and elegance of Anya Taylor-Joy was again a real pleasure, there are some awesome female actors around at the moment.

Road Kill....I really enjoy watching Hugh Laurie.....a great mix of a bad goodie....shame its just 4 episodes.

The latest Star Trek...first series was edgy and very good, yet the second started off in a completely different dumbed down vein and Pleassssseeee Netflix, why the over exposure of gayness on so many of their series....yeah we get it, there are gay relationships out there. Thats not meant to sound homophobic by the way, I have gay siblings and its not an issue, but does seem to dominate a lot of themes on Netflix. Anyway, I gave up on series two after four episodes of dumbed down scifi.....I recently went back to it and finished the season.....it improved just a little but the over use of zooming in to catch the expressions of multiple crew members (most of whom I couldnt careless about, not a good sign) was amateurish to say the least, let alone the protracted dialogue during key moments when I was heard to say many times, "Get on with it" Will crack on with season three at some point see if they learned by the mistakes in season 2

The Split. What a brilliant series with so many fine performances, I loved Nicola Walkers performance along with mixed up hubby Steven Mangan. So many times I thought, what are you doing Hannah, her relationship with old flame Christie was just wrong on so many levels (something Ive personally experienced). The season finale actually moved me to tears, that rarely happens. Will they do a third? I doubt it.

Started watching The Ripper.....just brought back memories of the time, how dour Leeds was back in those days and the complete ineptitude of Oldfield......totally the wrong man for the job. I seem to remember reports that Sutcliffe used to use a pub along Woolwich Road, chilling evil bastard.

• Options
    The Waterman’s arms, I believe. I suppose the reason he didn’t attack down south, as it would have highlighted the fact it was someone who travelled and he would have been caught a lot earlier.
  • Options
    Just watching a really good PBS documentary series on Prohibition. Only really discovered PBS in lockdown and it’s had some great programmes
  • Options
    Finally finished Schitt's Creek. That has to be as good as a 6 season sitcom gets, it started off great, got better and ended perfectly. So many characters all of which you actually care about and genuinely funny
  • Options
    rina said:
    Finally finished Schitt's Creek. That has to be as good as a 6 season sitcom gets, it started off great, got better and ended perfectly. So many characters all of which you actually care about and genuinely funny
    I was so sad when it was over. I’m watching again from the start next week when I’m off work. 
  • Options
    Anyone watched the Picard series of Star Trek on Prime - any good?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    As others have mentioned I really enjoyed all 6 series of Bosch. Excellent acting, good script and casting.
  • Options
    rina said:
    I was so sad when it was over. I’m watching again from the start next week when I’m off work. 
    Just restarted it for the 3rd time. It's brilliant!
  • Options
    Just finished The Undoing. Thought the ending was really weak.
  • Options
    Not new of course but watched again the Curb episode with the chef with Tourette’s. I had almost forgotten how good the ending is topped off by Susie’s “ car wash ****! “. Wonderful!
  • Options
    Phil said:
    Not new of course but watched again the Curb episode with the chef with Tourette’s. I had almost forgotten how good the ending is topped off by Susie’s “ car wash ****! “. Wonderful!
    Curb My Enthusiasm is probably my favourite comedy for donkeys years. Halfway through series 10 at mo and will be gutted when I finish it 
  • Options
    Phil said:
    Curb My Enthusiasm is probably my favourite comedy for donkeys years. Halfway through series 10 at mo and will be gutted when I finish it 
    I read that series 11 will be out asap once the virus permits.
  • Options
    Anyone watched the Picard series of Star Trek on Prime - any good?
    It's okay... Just a little bit slow. 
  • Options
    Phil said:
    Phil said:
    I read that series 11 will be out asap once the virus permits.
    Nice, the last season went a bit slapstick but it's still very good. My guinea pigs are called Larry & Leon, narrowly beat Dennis & Mac (Always Sunny) as the choice.
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    Sky have the new series (3 episodes) of Class of 92 about Salford's first season in League 2. Amazing how last season Neville and co refused to settle for consolidation and were demanding/expecting promotion. The money spent in this year's Jan and September transfer window before the cap is just boggling. Clearly the cap will affect them, like us.

A good watch. Someone like Gary Neville running the EFL would be brilliant.
  • Options
    Binge watched both series of The Split.  Absolutely brilliant.