Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New Tv series (REMEMBER: No Spoilers)

Comments

• Options
    edited October 2018
    Half way through The Haunting of Hill House.
    Best series since Gomorrah, although completely different.
    Great script and brilliantly chosen cast. It’s a horror but there’s a really well constructed narrative that’s heartfelt and sad in places.
    Don’t watch it at night on your own though. No gore but jumpy as fook.
    9/10.
  • Options

The Cry, I read that the ending of the series is different from the book. I don't know the ending to either, but id imagine theres still more twists.

Shhhh no spoilers!

Quite getting into this, although last one this week. Quite a few twists already, left me very confused end of the 2nd episode.
  • Options
    Literally the opposite of a spoiler
  • Options

A Dangerous Dynasty .. the Assads .. a bit drawn out but very interesting, taught me a lot about the middle east crises .. ep1 on iPlayer, ep2 tomorrow (16/10) and final ep3 next week

Will definitely watch this - Mediterranean(BBC) the Simon Reeve series also did some interesting stuff on problems in Cyprus and the Middle East.
  • Options

Literally the opposite of a spoiler

I know was in jest mate :wink:
  • Options
    Strangers

If it was a pet, I'd put it down.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

Strangers

Thats where I am with The Cry at the moment - it's so tedious. I literally couldnt give a shit who did what to who (hopefully nobody comes back to say its based on a true story).
  • Options
    Boom said:

MrOneLung said:

Strangers

Thats where I am with The Cry at the moment - it's so tedious. I literally couldnt give a shit who did what to who (hopefully nobody comes back to say its based on a true story).
    If you want really really really shit tv drama try Wanderlust(BBC) - utter garbage with a script written by a 12 year old.
  • Options
    First episode of Informer has done enough to have me tuning in next week.
  • Options
    Think it is also on iPlayer it we will prob watch this weekly.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I've watched most of the first season of The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel. It's very Mad Men in its attention to detail (i.e. recreating 1950's Manhattan) and both the scripts and the lead are very sharp. I'm genuinely surprised that the show hasn't got more of a buzz about it.

I loved Mad Men, so will deffinately check this out.
  • Options
    Boom said:

MrOneLung said:

Strangers

Not based on it exactly, but it's got huge overtones of the Madeleine McCann case.
  • Options

Boom said:

MrOneLung said:

Strangers

Not based on it exactly, but it's got huge overtones of the Madeleine McCann case.
    said exactly the same to my missus whilst watching it Sunday night
  • Options

Boom said:

MrOneLung said:

Strangers

Exactly my thoughts
  • Options
    Trust on iplayer is decent.
  • Options

Boom said:

MrOneLung said:

Strangers

Exactly my thoughts
    Why?, did the McCanns cover up the death of their child ?
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

Boom said:

MrOneLung said:

Strangers

Exactly my thoughts
    Why?, did the McCanns cover up the death of their child ?
    Who knows mate, doubt we ever will.
  • Options

Yeah, enjoyed it.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

Yeah, enjoyed it.
    Yeah - me too. I’m impatient though so will probably binge this over the next few nights.
  • Options
    Valley11 said:

Great script and brilliantly chosen cast. It’s a horror but there’s a really well constructed narrative that’s heartfelt and sad in places.
    9/10.

And it got better as it went along.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Caught up with the entire series of Informer tonight & thoroughly recommend it to everyone that enjoys a plot with several twists & turns and a finale that wasn't predicted 80% of the way through.

However, I wasn't totally en song with the last 5 minutes or so but will look forward to the views of other Lifers once the series ends.

Very good actors too IMO.
  • Options
    Making a Murderer Season 2 now up on Netflix.
  • Options
    johnny73 said:

Valley11 said:

9/10.

And it got better as it went along.
    It did. Fantastic series.
  • Options

Making a Murderer Season 2 now up on Netflix.

Im just finishing up Season 1 for the first time, looking forward to getting stuck into S2 straight after.
  • Options

Sort of given up/ lost interest with Strangers

Started Black mirror - Netflix a few days ago, 3 episodes in quite decent with a few futuristic things, not quite sure what the theme is eg. Thriller/ comedy, goes between a bit of everything, quite enjoying them so far.

LOVE Black Mirror, one of the few series I get really excited about when it comes out. Some of the best TV about, the ep with the young lad and the troll face at the end is brilliant imo.
  • Options
    THERE SHE GOES(BBC) - comedy drama that anyone who has raised a child with learning disabilities will be able to relate to.
    Stars David Tennant and Jessica Hynes.
    On IPlayer.
  • Options

A Dangerous Dynasty .. the Assads .. a bit drawn out but very interesting, taught me a lot about the middle east crises .. ep1 on iPlayer, ep2 tomorrow (16/10) and final ep3 next week

Just started watching this - very informative and some of the footage is pretty shocking. Doesn't fill you with any hope about the Middle East.
  • Options
    This looks like it could be a winner:

https://youtu.be/G2u4nCtyBCo
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    The very opposite of a new series but we've been rewatching Seinfeld from the beginning on Amazon. Utter, utter genius and George Costanza is easily in my top three comedy characters of all time. It has stood the test of time remarkable well too. Treat yourself, if you've never seen it.
  • Options
    Valley11 said:

9/10.

Started this last night and am halfway through. It's brilliant and really quite chilling at times.