Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New Tv series (REMEMBER: No Spoilers)

Comments

• Options
    Riviera said:

Riviera said:

Did anyone watch Trust? The series about the Gettys with Donald Sutherland. My brother has recommended it to me.

gave up after episode 2.
    Watched first 20mins of Ep1 and impressed. Looks very good.
    I like it, although I have only managed three episodes so far.

• Options

Series 1 and 2 of The Shooter on Netflix are pretty good. Watched the first episode of The Haunting of Hill House and not really getting in with it.

The one starring Ryan Phillippe? I was interested a few months ago but saw it got quite average ratings so didn't watch it. Now seeing your post I'm interested again.
    Yes Jessie. That’s the one. I’m enjoying it. Just stared season 3
  • Options
    Homecoming on Amazon Prime.

A thriller starring Julia Roberts. Based on a podcast. The story cuts between present day and 4 years in the future. Roberts character has limited memories of the past and events occur which sets her on a path to confront the past. It pays homage to Hitchcock in its style.
    With the 10 episodes being around 30 minutes long this is an easy series to binge. A small core cast are all excellent.

The key with this kind of show is it needs to be tense and the paranoia needs to be gradually amplified. Whilst enjoyable to watch it felt slow moving with not a lot happening and quite predictable. 6/10.
  • Options

Series 1 and 2 of The Shooter on Netflix are pretty good. Watched the first episode of The Haunting of Hill House and not really getting in with it.

The one starring Ryan Phillippe? I was interested a few months ago but saw it got quite average ratings so didn't watch it. Now seeing your post I'm interested again.
    Yes Jessie. That’s the one. I’m enjoying it. Just stared season 3
    I just watched two episodes and really enjoyed it. Thanks for bringing it up. It's exactly the kind of TV series I love, fast-paced with decent action and believable story-line. Plus I like Ryan Phillipe - loved him in Crash. He's good-looking. I'll keep watching. Actually I watched the original film many many years ago and it was funny to see Mark Wahlberg's name as executive producer in the credits.

Once again, it proves that sometimes ratings are just not reliable. You have to watch the film or series yourself to decide if you like it or not...
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    Black Earth Rising was very good. cant beat a bit of John Goodman.

Killing Eve was brilliant. think I'm in love with both Jodie Comer and Sandra Oh.

finished Strangers. Antoney Wong's part is quite possibly one of the most wooden characters I've seen in a while. whether that's because of his acting I don't know but he was dreadful. the series itself has moments. not many though.

'Sick of It' with Karl Pilkington is good but its possibly because I'm a fan of his.

'There she goes' is well worth a watch.

watched one episode of Condor. its just about ok so far.
  • Options
    New Louis Theroux on BBC2 now
  • Options
    Little Drummer Girl. I’m still none the wiser. Is it just me?
  • Options
    They are recruiting her to play Salim’s Girlfriend. They were creating a backstory for her and how they allegedly met.

Not really too enamoured with this.
    Don’t feel any connection to the characters and really dislike the lead woman.
  • Options
    Half way through the second season of Atlanta . Really enjoying it .
  • Options

Stick with it, it's class.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Watched it laughing my tits off. Poor old Jerry werent happy his missus is getting filled in downstairs by another fella at all.
  • Options
    Riviera said:

Hmm. It has classy production values, that much is true. I am with Large on this so far.

• Options

I got half way through the first episode and binned it off.

• Options

Killing Eve was brilliant. I'm in love with both Jodie Comer and Sandra Oh.

Ripe for a fresh commission, BBC are you listening?
  • Options

already being filmed Stig
  • Options

Season 2 already in the works. Loved this series and a great ending!
  • Options
    Riviera said:

Riviera said:

Did anyone watch Trust? The series about the Gettys with Donald Sutherland. My brother has recommended it to me.

gave up after episode 2.
    Watched first 20mins of Ep1 and impressed. Looks very good.
    Mentioned this a few pages back, loved it, good acting, great scenary, long and slow at times but a true story to boot, although obviously hammed up in places.
  • Options

Watched it laughing my tits off. Poor old Jerry werent happy his missus is getting filled in downstairs by another fella at all.
    Possibly the least convincing "I'm happy with all of this" I've ever seen.

Louis at the food party was hilarious.
  • Options

Riviera said:

Hmm. It has classy production values, that much is true. I am with Large on this so far.

It's in 6 parts. You can't have everything clear and explained by episode 2? Where's the fun in that?
  • Options
    Binge watched the whole season of Press.
    Wasn't expecting much but really enjoyed.
    Well acted and managed to tackle issues like the immorality of the press and all it's contradictions and hypocrisy head-on by focusing on the motivations and flaws of the characters.
    Left itself open for another season. Can't wait
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Riviera said:

Riviera said:

It's in 6 parts. You can't have everything clear and explained by episode 2? Where's the fun in that?
    6 parts ? Lost Got away with it for six seasons !
  • Options

Possibly the least convincing "I'm happy with all of this" I've ever seen.

Louis at the food party was hilarious.
    Watched this last night. Was very amusing, that eating party looked so awkward, wonder how his wife feels about him sensually eating food with a load of tits about haha.

Does anyone know when Ep 2 is out? Is it next Sunday?
  • Options
    Sunday after
  • Options
    Just finished second series of making a murderer.
    Thought was excellent. Even better than the first.
  • Options

I just finished it last night, the first half was a bit slower I thought, bit bogged down by Lawyering, but the second half was very good. Especially when she started re-creating the events etc.
  • Options
    edited November 2018

I just finished it last night, the first half was a bit slower I thought, bit bogged down by Lawyering, but the second half was very good. Especially when she started re-creating the events etc.
    It was explosive! I found myself shouting at the TV so much.
    The telephone conversation with Avery and his sister was something else!

Would love to See Kathleen Zellner given a chance in court. No wonder the state are so shit scared of this going back to trial!
  • Options
    Finished Haunting of Hill House the other night. Really enjoyed it, confusing at times but overall a very clever series.

Does anybody have suggestions of what to move onto next? Preferably on Netflix.
  • Options

It was explosive! I found myself shouting at the TV so much.
    The telephone conversation with Avery and his sister was something else!

Would love to See Kathleen Zellner given a chance in court. No wonder the state are so shit scared of this going back to trial!
    Yeah, she'd rip them apart, that phone call said a lot. She ended up pointing the finger at who I thought it was from the first series when I watched it too.
  • Options
    Has anyone watched Maniac on Netflix? It looks quite interesting?
  • Options
    Croydon said:

Finished Haunting of Hill House the other night. Really enjoyed it, confusing at times but overall a very clever series.

Does anybody have suggestions of what to move onto next? Preferably on Netflix.

See my post above. MAM 1&2