Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New Tv series (REMEMBER: No Spoilers)

Comments

• Options
    Talking of Anna ' dodgy top lip' Friel, the three parter Butterfly ended last night and was another disappointing offering this autumn.
  • Options
    Just finished the cry. I enjoyed it & thought the main actress was very good. I agree it was dragged out a bit though
  • Options
    Anyone been watching manifest?
    The better half has seen 3 episodes and keeps on saying I should watch it.
  • Options
    Enjoyed Little Drummer Girl although was left a bit confused by some of it but sure it will all come out in the wash.

Not sure about Strangers which finished tonight. Was reasonably enjoyable but was left a bit disappointed in the end.

Loving Killing Eve. Jodie Comer and Sandra Oh are excellent in my opinion.
  • Options
    Strangers. Glad it’s over tbh.
  • Options
    So why exactly did the journalists wife do it?
    Lost the will to even listen properly during the finale.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

So why exactly did the journalists wife do it?
    Lost the will to even listen properly during the finale.

Keeping options open for a second series :smiley:

• Options
    MrOneLung said:

Talking of Anna ' dodgy top lip' Friel, the three parter Butterfly ended last night and was another disappointing offering this autumn.

Yep i found it quite disappointing in the end, started off well but faded and became a bit predictable. Interesting subject but not sure you can do much more with it.

Just finished the cry. I enjoyed it & thought the main actress was very good. I agree it was dragged out a bit though

Agree 100% was dragged out, not too bad. Main actress was very good

I gave up after episode 3, last night saw them all stored up in recordings and just deleted. Was hard to get into.

Black Mirror- Just realised i didnt start on series 1, started on series 4 which is fine as they are all separate. Note sure whether to watch 1-3 now, they were decent but annoyed me a bit as i haven't started from the first one.
  • Options

Enjoyed Little Drummer Girl although was left a bit confused by some of it but sure it will all come out in the wash.

Not sure about Strangers which finished tonight. Was reasonably enjoyable but was left a bit disappointed in the end.

Loving Killing Eve. Jodie Comer and Sandra Oh are excellent in my opinion.

I really enjoyed first eipisode of LDG
  • Options

MrOneLung said:

Yep i found it quite disappointing in the end, started off well but faded and became a bit predictable. Interesting subject but not sure you can do much more with it.

I gave up after episode 3, last night saw them all stored up in recordings and just deleted. Was hard to get into.

Black Mirror- Just realised i didnt start on series 1, started on series 4 which is fine as they are all separate. Note sure whether to watch 1-3 now, they were decent but annoyed me a bit as i haven't started from the first one.
    Season 4 is the weakest series IMO, if you enjoyed series 4 you'll defo like the previous ones. Series 3 is the best series they did for me, some absolutely stonkers in there.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2018

The very opposite of a new series but we've been rewatching Seinfeld from the beginning on Amazon. Utter, utter genius and George Costanza is easily in my top three comedy characters of all time. It has stood the test of time remarkable well too. Treat yourself, if you've never seen it.

Very rarely do I venture back to something I’ve already seen. Seinfeld is an exception to that rule. So many cracking episodes that you can jump straight back into.

Absolutely wonderful comedy.
  • Options

MrOneLung said:

Season 4 is the weakest series IMO, if you enjoyed series 4 you'll defo like the previous ones. Series 3 is the best series they did for me, some absolutely stonkers in there.
    Thank you, 2nd to last episode was terrible and didnt bother so last one to watch. Will probably go back to series 1, its either that or get back into power.
  • Options
    Been loving Ken Burns' Vietnam documentary series on Netflix. Didn't expect it to be so gripping and entertaining.
  • Options

MrOneLung said:

Thank you, 2nd to last episode was terrible and didnt bother so last one to watch. Will probably go back to series 1, its either that or get back into power.
    I was a bit disappointed with Series 4 as I loved Series 3 so much. You might wanna skip series 1 episode 1 as it is very strange, a lot of people I know have been put off it by that first episode, but then when they have watched the other episodes absolutely loved it. S1 e2 however is one of the best episodes they've done.
  • Options
    Did anyone watch Trust? The series about the Gettys with Donald Sutherland. My brother has recommended it to me.
  • Options
    Riviera said:

Did anyone watch Trust? The series about the Gettys with Donald Sutherland. My brother has recommended it to me.

gave up after episode 2.
  • Options
    Looking forward to 'The First' which I think starts this week (Thursday) on Channel 4.

...although initial reviews have been a little mixed!
  • Options
    Series 1 and 2 of The Shooter on Netflix are pretty good. Watched the first episode of The Haunting of Hill House and not really getting in with it.
  • Options

Series 1 and 2 of The Shooter on Netflix are pretty good. Watched the first episode of The Haunting of Hill House and not really getting in with it.

Glad you posted that about The Haunting of Hill House, SB.

We only made it halfway through episode 1 and put it on the back burner until we're desperate.
  • Options

The one starring Ryan Phillippe? I was interested a few months ago but saw it got quite average ratings so didn't watch it. Now seeing your post I'm interested again.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just finished binging on The Informer. Superb stuff - The Wire meets Camus' L'etranger. Brilliant performance by Nabhaan Rizwan as Raza who had a touch of Reza Goochanajad (sp) about him.
  • Options

Riviera said:

gave up after episode 2.
    Watched first 20mins of Ep1 and impressed. Looks very good.
  • Options
    New series of Ray Donovan starts tonight
  • Options
    Thought Dark Heart on itv tonight was excellent. 2nd episode tomorrow night.
  • Options
    Seinfeld is the greatest comedy ever made. I must have seen every episode ten times and can recite the lines almost verbatim. Simply brilliant
  • Options

Seinfeld is the greatest comedy ever made. I must have seen every episode ten times and can recite the lines almost verbatim. Simply brilliant

sorry, what did you say........
  • Options
    edited November 2018

Just finished binging on The Informer. Superb stuff - The Wire meets Camus' L'etranger. Brilliant performance by Nabhaan Rizwan as Raza who had a touch of Reza Goochanajad (sp) about him.

❤️ ❤️ ❤️
  • Options

That's what makes it so boring...
  • Options

Now it’s on Amazon I’m watching it for the first time. After 3 seasons I prefer Curb Your Enthusiasm but I can see George is getting more outrageous and the more famous episodes appear to be in seasons 4 and 5.

The Seinfeld reunion in Curb was clever, Kramer and Leon were particularly funny together.
  • Options
    RedPanda said:

Now it’s on Amazon I’m watching it for the first time. After 3 seasons I prefer Curb Your Enthusiasm but I can see George is getting more outrageous and the more famous episodes appear to be in seasons 4 and 5.

The Seinfeld reunion in Curb was clever, Kramer and Leon were particularly funny together.
    Comedy is all very personal. I'm wary of recommending stuff as invariably others may not find it funny.