Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New Tv series (REMEMBER: No Spoilers)

Comments

• Options

Ozark s2 is pretty good!

Yeah it's absolutely quality.. on episode 5 of season 2 and it keeps getting better
  • Options
    Watching Strangers but not really grabbed by it.

Annoys me when two Hong Kong residents switch languages with have half a conversation in English and half in Cantonese(?) with subtitles.

Don’t care if it English or local language but don’t chop and change mid conversation
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

Watching Strangers but not really grabbed by it.

Annoys me when two Hong Kong residents switch languages with have half a conversation in English and half in Cantonese(?) with subtitles.

Don’t care if it English or local language but don’t chop and change mid conversation

The HK husband is a woeful actor
  • Options
    Strangers had the potential to be good but Simm aside the acting is woeful and the story gets more ludicrous by the week.

Might give up after last nights episode
  • Options

Strangers had the potential to be good but Simm aside the acting is woeful and the story gets more ludicrous by the week.

Might give up after last nights episode

I gave up after the first episode.....and thats after Dervla Kirwen being one of my fantasy shags.

• Options
    My issue with Strangers, is I don't warm to any of the characters.
    Consequently, I don't really care what happens/happened.
    But I'll see it through, as I find it difficult to not find out what happened.
  • Options
    Looking forward to this. One of the first things I properly binge watched.

• Options
    Watched the first two episodes of Start Up on the new Virgin Ultra channel. Stars Martin Freeman and Adam Brody and is based in Miami. All about laundering drug money using a bit coin type digital currency. Really enjoying and would recommend. Also enjoy watching it in 4HD.
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    On Netflix right now. Maniac.

Just finished it. A weird and wonderful show that delves into mental health in a surreal comedic way.

Both Emma Stone and Jonah Hill are fantastic and I love the weird 80's vibe that it has.

For me it's a strong 7.5/10
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    New Louis Theroux series (3 episodes) starts on BBC2 in November
  • Options
    Why is Netflix releasing The Good Place season 3 an episode at a time?
  • Options
    edited September 2018

Because they come out weekly in America.
    Available on Netflix almost immediately after each episode has aired on NBC.
  • Options

Because they come out weekly in America.
    Available on Netflix almost immediately after each episode has aired on NBC.
    I assumed the show was a Netflix original. Thanks for clearing that up.
  • Options
    What did we think of The Cry last night on BBC1?

Seen lots of comments that its too confusing etc but personally really enjoyed it.

So many shows just spell out the plot in a very abc 123 format, possibly because of distractions and short concentration levels in viewers. Anything that even remotely gets you thinking is labelled as 'too confusing'.

There are genuinely loads of directions it could take after last nights 1st episode, looking forward to finding out whats next.
  • Options
    Watched a couple of episodes of Wanderlust last night - incredibly bad. Possibly the worst script of recent times and real car crash tv.
  • Options

Seen lots of comments that its too confusing etc but personally really enjoyed it.

So many shows just spell out the plot in a very abc 123 format, possibly because of distractions and short concentration levels in viewers. Anything that even remotely gets you thinking is labelled as 'too confusing'.

There are genuinely loads of directions it could take after last nights 1st episode, looking forward to finding out whats next.

I enjoyed it.....i thought the scene with the baby on the plane was very well done.
  • Options

I enjoyed it

But then I would happily watch Jenna Coleman reading a shopping list :smile:

I think the story is interesting too
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The Cry was ok, bit slow.

Trying to think back to the flash forward court room scenes. Was her husband there?
    Remember seeing his mum, his ex wife and daughter there.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

The Cry was ok, bit slow.

Trying to think back to the flash forward court room scenes. Was her husband there?
    Remember seeing his mum, his ex wife and daughter there.

I don't think so...
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    Killing Eve- Just finished this in two sittings over last night and tonight. It kept me watching, fast moving, couple of shocks, some gratuitous violence and some very funny Black Humour. However after 8 unusually short (42min) episodes I wanted a conclusion. I don't watch continuous dramas or Soaps, I like a beginning middle and end. I'm usually disappointed with the endings of most TV series' but worse than a bad ending is being left hanging for the 2nd series. Killing Eve is back in 2019 and I for one will not be watching. Why can't writers (and there were loads of them) just end things?
  • Options
    Riviera said:

Killing Eve- Just finished this in two sittings over last night and tonight. It kept me watching, fast moving, couple of shocks, some gratuitous violence and some very funny Black Humour. However after 8 unusually short (42min) episodes I wanted a conclusion. I don't watch continuous dramas or Soaps, I like a beginning middle and end. I'm usually disappointed with the endings of most TV series' but worse than a bad ending is being left hanging for the 2nd series. Killing Eve is back in 2019 and I for one will not be watching. Why can't writers (and there were loads of them) just end things?

It's a relatively new American-driven thing led by the rise of HBO and AMC series, and is of course profit driven. It is difficult to resist. Look at the contortions the BBC went through after the success of the The Night Manager. Fortunately they seem to have realised that none of their writers can hold a candle to John le Carre.
  • Options
    Riviera said:

Really frustrated at the ending, I actually went online to see why ep9 wasn’t on iplayer yet.
  • Options
    Thought Killing Eve was fantastic, especially the dark humour and, despite the weak ending, can't wait for more.
    Press and Black Earth Rising are very good.
    Thought the Cry was interminably slow and probably won't be watching again, have also given up on Strangers - John Simm is dragging a dead donkey behind him.
  • Options
    Last couple of things I have seen John Simm in, he has been poor in my opinion.

Just waiting for the series to end to be honest.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

Last couple of things I have seen John Simm in, he has been poor in my opinion.

Just waiting for the series to end to be honest.

Agree with this......I'm just intrigued enough to find out what happened. The HK husband is awful.
  • Options
    I thought The Cry was very good, but have given up on The Black Earth, Press & Strangers. Killing Eve is being recorded (I saw the 1st episide & thought it v good - (loved whatshisname from Thin blue line) but having read pp's saying thete is no end I may give up now.
  • Options
    just finished watching The Plague. really good.
    visually impeccable. creating a claustrophobic, murky, cruel, living and breathing (if barely) 16th century Seville was some feat.
    dark, gruesome, intriguing and a refreshing change to all the more modern set series on at the moment. they're making a second series.