Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Golf

Comments

• Options
    anywhere particular you had in mind ??

• Options
    Within the UK within 2 hours travel from Bexley.
  • Options
    Bournemouth
  • Options
    my shout also
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Shameless punt here chaps!
    But if anyone needs any trophies for their society days/weekends I've got some great offers and sets for sale on ebay! Any lifers win any auctions I'll throw in free delivery! Or if there's anything you want but don't see it there give me a shout and I'll sort you out a great deal! See my ebay shop 101trophies&dancewear
    http://stores.ebay.co.uk/101-Trophies-and-dancewear/Golf-Trophies-/_i.html?_fsub=3707422014&_sid=1073289654&_trksid=p4634.c0.m322
    Cheers!
  • Options
    I also do trophies with free engraving
  • Options
    Mine are cheaper though! :)
  • Options
    18 holes at Farleigh, Selsdon. First time there and will be going back. Lovely course and good value for money.
  • Options
    Playing tomorrow at Coombe Wood. 36 holes and lunch for £25 so bought on a whim.

Looks a fairly short course so will hopefully score well.
  • Options
    played castel conturbia in piedmont, italy on the weekend. believe they used to play the Italian open there before the pros started ripping it to pieces.

tough course...best round of 102 although i actually thought i played ok for my beginner standard. cant hit the woods for toffee, far too erratic.

concentrating on taken the positives from the good shots and trying to forget about the mistakes.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I'm happy to do a swap Del !

http://forum.charltonlife.com/utility/thumbnail/7257/~cf/FileUpload/54/c6ebf7884b367bb7477847554f2f20.jpg
    Pines and Dunes courses at the Sueno resort in Belek, Turkey.
    I can personally recommend it, but it is very tight and testing.
  • Options
    delroofer said:

I'm happy to do a swap Del !

http://forum.charltonlife.com/utility/thumbnail/7257/~cf/FileUpload/54/c6ebf7884b367bb7477847554f2f20.jpg
    Pines and Dunes courses at the Sueno resort in Belek, Turkey.
    I can personally recommend it, but it is very tight and testing.
    Sounds like my ex-missus.
  • Options
    Weekend away I would recommend east susssx national. 2 courses and hotel had a blinder of a stag doo there!!
  • Options

Weekend away I would recommend east susssx national. 2 courses and hotel had a blinder of a stag doo there!!

seconded.
    only downside was i ruined my second day by drinking asahi until about 4am with a 9am tee time.
  • Options
    Looking to organise our society away weekend next September in Northern France.

Looked at loads of web sites but a little confused.

We are looking to drive, probably 5/6 car loads therefore 20/24 blokes. Ideally looking to go Friday morning play Friday & Saturday, come home Sunday.

Any ideas for a decent course no more than 1.5 hours drive the other side of the channel, with either accommodation on site or close by, needs to be a nice course but not stupidly difficult as lots of mixed level golfers.

Looking to spend say £250 each for golf, 2 nights accommodation b&b, evening meal & ferry.

Any ideas or contacts appreciated.

cheers
  • Options
    Look at Le Touquet. Good deals available and a number of decent courses to choose from. We have played most of them. Hotels are good, but avoid the Red Fox as it is very basic. Westminster and Windsor are much better. Plenty of companies can arrange what you want within your budget. Shop around as you have a large group and can negotiate a great deal.
  • Options
    Won through to my club matchplay championship final this weekend - have beaten 5 French blokes to get there but playing un Anglais in the final.
  • Options

Looking to organise our society away weekend next September in Northern France.

Looked at loads of web sites but a little confused.

We are looking to drive, probably 5/6 car loads therefore 20/24 blokes. Ideally looking to go Friday morning play Friday & Saturday, come home Sunday.

Any ideas for a decent course no more than 1.5 hours drive the other side of the channel, with either accommodation on site or close by, needs to be a nice course but not stupidly difficult as lots of mixed level golfers.

Looking to spend say £250 each for golf, 2 nights accommodation b&b, evening meal & ferry.

Any ideas or contacts appreciated.

cheers

If the players are of a reasonable standard, then it has to be Belle Dune which is near Berck. Otherwise Hardelot, Le Touquet or Arras are great. Call Doug at Leisure Link Golf on 01708 339300 and he will sort everything for you.
  • Options
    Off to Philadelphia once more tomorrow, so hoping to get a round in at Walnut Lane at the weekend. Last time I played it was my first 18 holes (having only started playing earlier this year). Since then I've had many lessons and played a couple of courses, so really hoping to improve from the 110 I shot first time out.
  • Options
    delroofer said:

Look at Le Touquet.

I always read this as a Frenchman trying to say Turkey !

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    going to play in a 4 ball with an ex England international striker on Friday as a result of a won auction bid out in Essex cant wait
  • Options
    Off to Portugal for our annual seven rounds in seven days, all on different courses jaunt. Can't wait. We've decided to go teetotal this year..............................and we will win nine nil tonight!!!!!!
  • Options
    Playing Kent and Surrey Club on Sunday. Looks a decent little course online, just hope weather holds out.
  • Options
    jamescafc said:

Playing Kent and Surrey Club on Sunday. Looks a decent little course online, just hope weather holds out.

A lot of people don't like kent and surrey.
    Personally don't mind it but disappointed that they've changed the 2nd.
    10th is a very hard long par 4.
    14th and 15th are probably favourite holes.
    Beware though, if it's wet and you ain't on your game, it can be a serious slog.
  • Options
    jamescafc said:

Played it two weeks ago.

Hope i'm wrong but i think you're going to be disappointed We did a groupon, worked out 8.50 each, and as they say, you get what you pay for. Its had a lot of rain and been heavily played on, so not in very good condition.

Was disappointed having played it a few years earlier. Still value at 8.50 though. Course was packed on a Saturday and took our 2-ball 4 1/4hrs to get round.

• Options

jamescafc said:

Played it two weeks ago.

Hope i'm wrong but i think you're going to be disappointed We did a groupon, worked out 8.50 each, and as they say, you get what you pay for. Its had a lot of rain and been heavily played on, so not in very good condition.

Was disappointed having played it a few years earlier. Still value at 8.50 though. Course was packed on a Saturday and took our 2-ball 4 1/4hrs to get round.

A lot of courses in this area have got temporary greens at the moment which is a huge no no for me.
  • Options
    In fairness, i think i'd underestimated how much rain had fallen.

To its benefit, It didn't have any temp greens
  • Options
    Played twice on my week-end in Vegas and then once in LA during my trip. Rustic Canyon in LA was a beast. We played in 40 mph winds that swirled around and meant you were either hitting 5 iron or Lob Wedge into the 110 yard par 3... ridiculous scoring. The best golfer (plays off 1) had an 8 on a short par 4 and shot 87.... I had my worst round in 5 years, but still managed to come third (NET) out of 14 of us ... greens were 12 on the stimp meter and quite literally if you were downwind, downhill, the ball could not and would not stop. Left the course feeling battered and bruised....
  • Options
    supaclive said:

Played twice on my week-end in Vegas and then once in LA during my trip. Rustic Canyon in LA was a beast. We played in 40 mph winds that swirled around and meant you were either hitting 5 iron or Lob Wedge into the 110 yard par 3... ridiculous scoring. The best golfer (plays off 1) had an 8 on a short par 4 and shot 87.... I had my worst round in 5 years, but still managed to come third (NET) out of 14 of us ... greens were 12 on the stimp meter and quite literally if you were downwind, downhill, the ball could not and would not stop. Left the course feeling battered and bruised....

reminds me of a couple of greens at Epsom (cracking course right by the racetrack - in fact they shut some of the holes when the racing is on)......one in particular is on a bit of a slope and seen someone putt from one end of the green to off the other end on what should have been about a 10 foot putt.

btw - where is the kent & surrey course that was talked about above ?? Not heard of it before & I've played most courses in the area !!
  • Options

btw - where is the kent & surrey course that was talked about above ?? Not heard of it before & I've played most courses in the area !!

Kent & Surrey was formerly known as Edenbridge where it is located. The new title refers to the fact that the little river that runs across the fourth is the county boundary (allegedly). I used to play it regularly 20 years ago and it was a good course. It has been bought by a private owner who has redeveloped some of the land and ruined what used to be a good second hole par 4 over a pond. It is now a nondescript par 3. The course used to be well maintained but is now a glorified pay and play which get hammered. I last played it four years ago and it was a swamp. Ok for £8.50 but I wouldn't cross the road to play it now. Pity.