Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Golf

Comments

• Options

Cheers RedChaser

No probs also forget to mention Walmer and Kingsdown, Herne Bay closed a few years ago family dispute over the lease or something.
  • Options
    Sittingbourne is nice. Decent private members club, not up its own arse and a pleasant course.
  • Options
    Quick plug for my new business, CLUB-CLEAN WEST KENT/EAST SUSSEX, Digital Ultrasonic Golf Club Valet - get your clubs & grips cleaned for just a fiver or include my services as part of your Golf Society/Captains or Charity Events (Prices on application). In box me if interested! !!
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

Cheers for that golfaddick I did see signs for Chestfield whilst looking for a property down that way but didnt see anymore.Oh well sounds like i shall do some travelling about for my golf which isn't a problem as long as I find an half decent course somewhere.

Try Faversham (Belmont Park) and of course you have the following Open Qualifying courses not far from your doorstep; North Foreland, Royal Cinque Ports (Deal), Princes (Sandwich). St Augustines (Pegwell Bay) and Stonelees next door are also worth a try. There is also an interesting little 9 holer at Whistable & Seasalter. Spoilt for choice IMO.
    I agree all those courses are excellent but I'd hardly call N. Forland, Deal, Sandwich etc " not far from your doorstep" - probably a good 30 miles from Herne Bay & a nightmare to get to. I live in Swanley so you may as well say that Walton Heath is close by.
  • Options
    Any of you played Littlestone?

Would be interested in your thoughts of the club and experience there.
  • Options
    I played Barnehurst yesterday to cure the hangover and i was surprised how much better it was than the last time i played there about 2 years ago! 2 or 3 ropey greens but other than that it was quite nice.
  • Options

yes played there quite often ...not much of a clubhouse ...very links style quite accommodating for the high handicap golfer and it doesnt look very pretty ...but as they say conditions the same for everyone ...i think thats what you might be getting at

if you want to go up a notch re testing golf go to Lydd nearby ...much more water and sand and dont get near the swans in the springtime ...theyll go for you

• Options

I played Barnehurst yesterday to cure the hangover and i was surprised how much better it was than the last time i played there about 2 years ago! 2 or 3 ropey greens but other than that it was quite nice.

How much they charge there now?

Ive moved about 30 second walk away from there, so is very convenient.
  • Options
    Have a follow of @GolfClubWankers on Twitter if you're on there. Very funny golf related tweets.
  • Options
    Looking forward to the World Matchplay championships this year at my golf club, the London Club. Anyone played the courses. Thoughts?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I played The London Club when it first opened. Amazing facilities, course is a little too "open" for my liking in that huge drivers of the ball can spray it anywhere with less penalties.

Lovely place though!

• Options
    supaclive said:

I played The London Club when it first opened. Amazing facilities, course is a little too "open" for my liking in that huge drivers of the ball can spray it anywhere with less penalties.

Lovely place though!

They grow the second cut of rough very long during the summer and if you go in there, you won't find your own ball.
  • Options

Played 9 holes there tonight for £8. It is in much better condition now than this time last year.
  • Options

supaclive said:

Lovely place though!

They grow the second cut of rough very long during the summer and if you go in there, you won't find your own ball.
    This. If you're not straight of the tee in the Summer, then good luck posting a score!!
  • Options
    I play at The Addington - a second cut of rough is easier to play from than in the middle of the trees! Guy at The Addington plays off 6. He was off 2 at London Club.
  • Options
    supaclive said:

I play at The Addington - a second cut of rough is easier to play from than in the middle of the trees! Guy at The Addington plays off 6. He was off 2 at London Club.

Not if you can't find your ball!
  • Options
    Thinking about joining bexleyheath. Local course. Going to have a nose around at the weekend
  • Options
    supaclive said:

The Add proper golf course.
  • Options
    jamescafc said:

Thinking about joining bexleyheath. Local course. Going to have a nose around at the weekend

Buy a tin helmet. One of the most dangerous courses I've ever played with a number of holes, some blind, converging on the same area. That said I enjoy it apart from the first which is almost impossible. Nice people but a drastically declining membership. I think they are now under a hundred but stand to be corrected. Nice grub from Tony the chef.

• Options

Have a couple of friends who are members. If you like links golf it is a great course. I like the club house. Great picture window looking out over the course and decent little cafe off to the the left of the first tee. I think the club may have money worries.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

supaclive said:

Not if you can't find your ball!
    You obviously don't hit it as straight as I do! ;-)

• Options
    I live in between Birchwood and dartford and am thinking of joining one of them. Anyone played dartford? If Birchwood could sort out there slow playing then would be interested as I like the course!

London club... Love it! Always take advantage of the winter offers
  • Options

I live in between Birchwood and dartford and am thinking of joining one of them. Anyone played dartford? If Birchwood could sort out there slow playing then would be interested as I like the course!

London club... Love it! Always take advantage of the winter offers

Dartford personally i find it pretty boring ,it is a private members course always in pretty good nick though ,it hosts the watson bowl which is all the local kent club champions and off the back tees can be pretty tough , being honest it is in nice condition and miles better than birchwood.
  • Options
    Playing Stock Brook Manor in Billericay on Friday....although given how much I'm potentially gonna drink Thursday it might not be pretty
  • Options

@ValleyGary I paid £15 for 9 holes on Bank Holiday Monday which was their weekend rate. I think its £12 in the week.
  • Options

I am a member at Dartford and also on the Management Board. We are doing a huge amount of work at the moment both on and off the course to maintain the value of the membership offering in order to maintain the values of a private members club and remain competitive in attracting members. The course will not be to your liking if you don't like trees but it is in great nick and is not an easy challenge despite lacking a little length by modern standards. The atmosphere is great and much less stuffy than a decade or so ago. If you don't like slow play, there are times during the week and on weekend afternoons when you can pretty much get the place to yourself. We have an open day next Saturday 17th at 1100 so come along, meet a few of us, have a sticky bun (free) and play a few holes with us (also free). Posters are up around the course perimeter (opposite Halfords and past Dartford Motors. PM me if you need any details. Cheers.
  • Options
    Silly billy - I would be interested. Roughly how much is membership and what does this include?
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    James. Full adult membership is £1160 per year. There are scaled entry points if you are under 30. There is a reduced joining fee of £500 which can be spread over 5 years and a £50 loading on your bar card. It can all be paid monthly and works out at around £120 per month. You get unlimited golf at any time (we don't operate start times other than for major competitions) and 20% off all bar and food purchases with your bar card. Good resident professional shop and a half way hut doing hot rolls and snacks. If you fancy the open day could you give Matt or Liz a call in the office on 01322 226455 so that we have an idea of numbers. I'll be there so give me a shout. I'm the good looking Scottish guy with specs.

PS. Good Addick community at the club. The captain is a fan and there are 3 ST holders on the board including me.

PPS. If you ore any other lifers can't make the open day but want a look round at another time just drop me a PM

• Options
    edited May 2014

RedChaser said:

Cheers for that golfaddick I did see signs for Chestfield whilst looking for a property down that way but didnt see anymore.Oh well sounds like i shall do some travelling about for my golf which isn't a problem as long as I find an half decent course somewhere.

Try Faversham (Belmont Park) and of course you have the following Open Qualifying courses not far from your doorstep; North Foreland, Royal Cinque Ports (Deal), Princes (Sandwich). St Augustines (Pegwell Bay) and Stonelees next door are also worth a try. There is also an interesting little 9 holer at Whistable & Seasalter. Spoilt for choice IMO.
    I agree all those courses are excellent but I'd hardly call N. Forland, Deal, Sandwich etc " not far from your doorstep" - probably a good 30 miles from Herne Bay & a nightmare to get to. I live in Swanley so you may as well say that Walton Heath is close by.
    Thirty minutes drive is nothing if you want quality, I don't know Golfie at least your views on this sport are as consistent with those on football, totally at odds with mine :-) by the way they've improved the Thanet Way and made it dual carriageway you know :-0
    'On your doorstep' figuratively speaking; North Foreland 14 miles 25 mins, Sandwich (Princes) 19 miles 31 mins and a bit longer, granted, Deal(Royal Cinque Ports) 24 miles 38 mins. Google mapped from Beltinge.
  • Options
    Killer Kish, give Chestfield a try, decent course and clubhouse. If you go round with a member,
    £15. Friend of mine lives at Reculver and is a member.
    So if you need a game you could make a 4-ball up with 3 high handicappers.
    All seniors!