Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Golf

Comments

• Options
    Booked Kent & Surrey - good offer on LinkedIn. Decent course?
  • Options
    jamescafc said:

Kent and Surrey sounds like a big course!
  • Options
    is that the old Edenbridge country club? I'm afraid its not great
  • Options
    hi, some advice please.

i want to play somewhere close to Midhurst, Surrey as going to visit that town during my summer holiday.

i have been looking at Cowdray Park, with the possibility of staying at the hotel there. does anyone have any feedback on that course?

i am not very good as only been playing 2 years. any suggestions for somewhere to play near Midhurst which isnt outrageously demanding would be very greatfully received. thank you.
  • Options
    edited April 2014

hi, some advice please.

i want to play somewhere close to Midhurst, Surrey as going to visit that town during my summer holiday.

i have been looking at Cowdray Park, with the possibility of staying at the hotel there. does anyone have any feedback on that course?

i am not very good as only been playing 2 years. any suggestions for somewhere to play near Midhurst which isnt outrageously demanding would be very greatfully received. thank you.

Try Dale Hill. Two courses. The newer Woosnam is not for novices but the old course is quite short and very pleasant.
  • Options
    Taxi_Lad said:

Correct on both counts.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    jamescafc said:

played it on a groupon deal (if it's the one I'm thinking of) and it's gets alot of these, not a bad course, not to difficult.

playing my first round of the year tomorrow, Bowood in Chippenham - bit of a drive for a round of golf, but it's a day out the office!
  • Options
    Haven't played since late October I think. That's the longest lay off I've had since I broke my arm in whatever year our demelza charity match was.
    Even the recent nice weather hasn't give me the urge to get out.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    I've moved recently to Gravesend and have been up to the range once, I am never touching that dog turd of par 3 course again. I'll check out Southern Valley after the football season in which case @randyandy I'll give you a shout.

I was supposed to be going to Turkey next week but due to unforeseen circumstances (women) I'm going to New York on my own. I've tentatively planned to play golf on every continent, muni courses appear great value at $40 but none of them have driving ranges. It could therefore get a little embarrassing. If anyone has played around there then give me a shout, Van Cortlandt and Dyker Beach seem the easiest to get to.

I also found this a couple of weeks ago:

It tasted like victory.
  • Options
    played at beckenham place park last friday ....it hasnt wintered at all well
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Played The Addington last week,in very good condition as you would expect and the greens are rapid!!!!
  • Options
    I'm moving to the other side of the river soon - anyone ever played West Essex that can give me a view on what it's like?
  • Options
    RedPanda said:

I've moved recently to Gravesend and have been up to the range once, I am never touching that dog turd of par 3 course again. I'll check out Southern Valley after the football season in which case @randyandy I'll give you a shout.

I was supposed to be going to Turkey next week but due to unforeseen circumstances (women) I'm going to New York on my own. I've tentatively planned to play golf on every continent, muni courses appear great value at $40 but none of them have driving ranges. It could therefore get a little embarrassing. If anyone has played around there then give me a shout, Van Cortlandt and Dyker Beach seem the easiest to get to.

I also found this a couple of weeks ago:

It tasted like victory.

I quite like Southern Valley. Bit sparse facility wise, but from memory fairways & greens were good.
  • Options
    Open day at Dartford next month if anyone is interested.
  • Options
    Anyone recommend a decent golf resort to go to as part of a stag do?
  • Options
    jamescafc said:

Anyone recommend a decent golf resort to go to as part of a stag do?

Have you looked at The Belfry, great course (Ryder Cup) one only, not the other one can't remember the name but it's cack.
    Ryder cup course is fantastic and they have a nightclub on site which is quite a laugh.
    Happy days!!!
  • Options

Taxi_Lad said:

Correct on both counts.
    Yep. Horrible, scruffy little place. Two decent holes - both over water on the front nine. Dreadful condition both times I've played it (and neither time has been after excessively bad weather). Greens in particular were dire.
  • Options
    edited April 2014

I'm moving to the other side of the river soon - anyone ever played West Essex that can give me a view on what it's like?

Not played West Essex, but if you're moving round there you won't be far from Toot Hill - now that IS a lovely course
  • Options

Played The Addington last week,in very good condition as you would expect and the greens are rapid!!!!

We've spent a ton of money over the winter and lots on improving drainage and the greens. Glad you enjoyed it - it's a great place to play.

Have the club winter singles's final tomorrow - wish me luck!

• Options
    supaclive said:

We've spent a ton of money over the winter and lots on improving drainage and the greens. Glad you enjoyed it - it's a great place to play.

Have the club winter singles's final tomorrow - wish me luck!

Hope that goes well for you! Let us know how you get on. I would never tire of playing there, only played it twice but looking forward to going back.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Which addington - there are 3 I believe. Looking to head over on the 18th May with 10 guys from work.

Played belhus park last week. +27 but a 10 and 8 didn't help. Was on track for +20
  • Options
    Have just been invited to play on a golf day at Woburn on the Dukes Course,I can't wait! Has anyone played there?
  • Options

Have just been invited to play on a golf day at Woburn on the Dukes Course,I can't wait! Has anyone played there?

Yes, played all 3 courses there - very tree lined so you need to be straight off the tee - no hooking or slicing otherwise you will start racking up a score. Great par 3's - maybe short but are either uphill or downhill & have very steep slopes to them.

• Options
    Thanks for that golfaddick and really looking forward to it.I have a natural fade of the tee so maybe a few problems then?!
  • Options

Yes, played all 3 courses there - very tree lined so you need to be straight off the tee - no hooking or slicing otherwise you will start racking up a score. Great par 3's - maybe short but are either uphill or downhill & have very steep slopes to them.

yes have Played the dukes ...good advice from GA keep it straight ...ovely course in a lovely part of the world ...Ian pOulter used to be the pro if i remember correctly
  • Options
    Moving to Beltinge,Herne Bay Area in a couple weeks.Does anyone know or have played any courses around this area?
  • Options
    You've picked probably the worst part of the country for golf courses. There is one at Birchington, but is fairly short and rough round the edges. Not played Herne Bay but I don't believe its much cop and the best of a bad lot is Chestfield - not bad and is worth a few rounds but not one you'd want to play every weekend. Otherwise you'd have to go into Canterbury or try Boughton over Blean (where the A2 splits).
  • Options
    Cheers for that golfaddick I did see signs for Chestfield whilst looking for a property down that way but didnt see anymore.Oh well sounds like i shall do some travelling about for my golf which isn't a problem as long as I find an half decent course somewhere.
  • Options
    edited May 2014

Cheers for that golfaddick I did see signs for Chestfield whilst looking for a property down that way but didnt see anymore.Oh well sounds like i shall do some travelling about for my golf which isn't a problem as long as I find an half decent course somewhere.

Try Faversham (Belmont Park) and of course you have the following Open Qualifying courses not far from your doorstep; North Foreland, Royal Cinque Ports (Deal), Princes (Sandwich). St Augustines (Pegwell Bay) and Stonelees next door are also worth a try. There is also an interesting little 9 holer at Whistable & Seasalter. Spoilt for choice IMO.
  • Options
    Cheers RedChaser