Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Golf

Comments

• Options
    Enjoy your cricket tour.Im really looking forward to it will be good day no matter what the weather is like and love playing new courses
  • Options
    Addington Court on Wednesday. Any reviews?
  • Options
    Yep. Poorly maintained. Awful greens. Gippos nicking flags. Enjoy!
  • Options

You are thinking of Falconwood,over the road from Addington Court. Played Addington Court a couple of weeks ago, wasnt in bad nick at all. Only 1 par 5, the 1st so quite a short course but quite tight in places, overall its an enjoyable course to play. If you can stay straight off the tee then you can hit a good score round there. Just up the road from there is Farleigh Court,play there if you get the chance, Foxhills took it over a couple of years ago and spent a fortune on it,nice track.
  • Options
    Stoke By Nayland this Friday on works golf day then I'm jacking the game and just having lessons all winter gone to pot this year
  • Options
    edited September 2013

You are thinking of Falconwood,over the road from Addington Court. Played Addington Court a couple of weeks ago, wasnt in bad nick at all. Only 1 par 5, the 1st so quite a short course but quite tight in places, overall its an enjoyable course to play. If you can stay straight off the tee then you can hit a good score round there. Just up the road from there is Farleigh Court,play there if you get the chance, Foxhills took it over a couple of years ago and spent a fortune on it,nice track.
    No, I'm not. Both courses are fucking awful. The Falconwood barely even counts as a golf course. Addington Court is terrible too. Played a golf day there a few weeks ago - the greens were a joke, it was like crazy golf. And Farleigh isn't all that either. Much nicer courses to be had round there - Selsdon is literally a mile away from Farleigh and two miles from Addington but is far, far superior
  • Options
    Stoke by Nayland is decent Bourne, some pretty tough holes if I remember rightly.
  • Options
    red_murph said:

Stoke by Nayland is decent Bourne, some pretty tough holes if I remember rightly.

Yes, I've played it a couple of times and can echo what redmurph said. I think its the 10th or 11th, par 4 with water all down the right. unless you can drive it 300+ you leave a long 2nd over a lake...........hate it !!

• Options

Stoke By Nayland this Friday on works golf day then I'm jacking the game and just having lessons all winter gone to pot this year

One of the funniest things I've seen on a golf course was at stoke by Nayland.
    Got to the 18th tee and the group in front were teeing off. It's a par 3 down hill over water.
    As the group in front left the tee, one of our group had left his pull trolley against their buggy. His trolley started to roll, slowly away from the tee. "Don't worry. It'll stop" was the instant response from the player in our group, and indeed, it started to slow on a flatter bit but just had enough roll to get to the next downhill bit.
    I can still picture him now, running down the hill screaming for the buggy of the group in front to stop the runaway trolley.
    They didn't hear him but the trolley did stop by means of a small bush at the waters edge. Unfortunately by the time this happened the trolley had gathered enough momentum to overturn and throw half his clubs into the lake.
    It must have taken us 20 minutes to finally stop laughing enough to play the hole.

• Options

No, I'm not. Both courses are fucking awful. The Falconwood barely even counts as a golf course. Addington Court is terrible too. Played a golf day there a few weeks ago - the greens were a joke, it was like crazy golf. And Farleigh isn't all that either. Much nicer courses to be had round there - Selsdon is literally a mile away from Farleigh and two miles from Addington but is far, far superior
    Not a fan then :) Tbh,you have a point but I played addington court twilight rate,£9.99,so you get what you pay for I suppose,dont know what the full price is. Agreed though about Selsdon Park,lovely course for the money,theyve spent quite a bit on the bunkers the last year or so,much better nick than a couple of years ago. Played the Addington earlier in the year,want to go back there and have another go. Never played Addington Palace but that looks nice. Bit spoilt for courses round here which is nice :)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Not a fan then :) Tbh,you have a point but I played addington court twilight rate,£9.99,so you get what you pay for I suppose,dont know what the full price is. Agreed though about Selsdon Park,lovely course for the money,theyve spent quite a bit on the bunkers the last year or so,much better nick than a couple of years ago. Played the Addington earlier in the year,want to go back there and have another go. Never played Addington Palace but that looks nice. Bit spoilt for courses round here which is nice :)
    I used to be a member at Addington Palace, Redvalley. Lovely course and always in good condition, the greens were superb. I've not played The Addington, which is above Addington Palace but that is meant to be even better.

There are certainly a lot of courses around there. You also have Croham Hurst just down the road.
  • Options
    red_murph said:

I used to be a member at Addington Palace, Redvalley. Lovely course and always in good condition, the greens were superb. I've not played The Addington, which is above Addington Palace but that is meant to be even better.

There are certainly a lot of courses around there. You also have Croham Hurst just down the road.
    How's Croham Hurst? Never played there - agree about Addington palace and The Addington - both lovely courses. The Addington especially is fantastic. Only better course I can think of reasonably close by is Kingswood - now THAT is a beautiful course.
  • Options
    Haven't read all posts, but wondered if anyone plays Chartham Park in Lingfield? Played there throughout the 90,s and was one of the best courses around. Is a country club these days and haven't played it for many years. Dog leg 16th over the lake is a great hole.
  • Options
    Yeah I like Chartham though haven't played it this year.
    16th is a lovely hole if you can avoid the goose shit.
    A tough hole about 6th always does for me. A par 4 with narrow landing area from tee shot then 2nd shot play over a valley to the green.
  • Options
    They call that hole ' no return' it is the 6 th. off the whites it is impossible.
  • Options
    masicat said:

Haven't read all posts, but wondered if anyone plays Chartham Park in Lingfield? Played there throughout the 90,s and was one of the best courses around. Is a country club these days and haven't played it for many years. Dog leg 16th over the lake is a great hole.

Funnily enough I was going to mention Chartham Park, Masicat. Really nice course and always well kept. I last played there about a year ago and it was still good.
  • Options

red_murph said:

How's Croham Hurst? Never played there - agree about Addington palace and The Addington - both lovely courses. The Addington especially is fantastic. Only better course I can think of reasonably close by is Kingswood - now THAT is a beautiful course.
    I've only actually played Croham Hurst once Leroy. From what I recall it was alright but nothing that set the world on fire. My memory is shocking though and if I do remember rightly I played it in the pissing rain, which is never too much fun.

I've not played Kingswood, I'll have to look that up. Although I don't get out to play very much at all these days.
  • Options
    I came across Croham Hurst last year & thought it was a lovely course. Indeed I was going to play it on Monday but the weather intervened !! My memory of it was the 8th (or 9th) downhill par 4 which I birdied by way of a great 15 ft putt.

I've also played Chartham Park but can't remember too much about it - but hasten to add that there are plenty more better courses than that around.

Would love to play The Addington , having played Addington Palace and the gypo course over the road as it looks a lot superior !!
  • Options
    Croham Hurst is a nice course but I played in a society day there last year and we were treated really poorly, don't think id ever go back after that.
  • Options

Anyone played the Essex Golf and Country Club nr Colchester ?

@Swisdom @delroofer ?

All booked for boys trip next month. Will report back
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The Addington is a top course. Never gets really busy either - I sometimes wish I could get down there to play more as having been a member for just over three years, I never tire of playing there!
  • Options

Anyone played the Essex Golf and Country Club nr Colchester ?

@Swisdom @delroofer ?

All booked for boys trip next month. Will report back

If you mean the one at Earls Colne then all i'd say is that it is a typical "new" course in Essex. Flat, boring and the main feature are the lakes. If you are American then you will probably love it, but give me a heath & heather course any day.

• Options
    Fcuk me you even moan about golf courses
  • Options
    Lol
  • Options
    The Essex Golf and Country Club - I used to be a member of the gym and got free golf there several times a year.

Nice course but VERY long. Not enormously taxing but because of its length your tee shots need to be decent

For the plane spotters amongst you you get some treats around 9th or 10 as you tee off next to a private airfield. Sometimes it's dead and other times theres little single seaters taking off about 100m to your left!
  • Options
    Played Surrey Downs a couple fo weeks back and playing Hanbury Manor (in Ware, Herts) this Friday, both corporate and decent enough courses.....weather forecast this friday ain't too great though!
  • Options
    Played Addington Court today. Not as bad as mentioned above. Greens a lottery though. Got 30 points playing off 20 so not too bad.

Getting cold though, 3 layers on and could have done with a fourth.
  • Options

Played Surrey Downs a couple fo weeks back and playing Hanbury Manor (in Ware, Herts) this Friday, both corporate and decent enough courses.....weather forecast this friday ain't too great though!

Last time I went there Danny Murphy we there. Put me off for life.
  • Options
    jamescafc said:

Played Addington Court today. Not as bad as mentioned above. Greens a lottery though. Got 30 points playing off 20 so not too bad.

Getting cold though, 3 layers on and could have done with a fourth.

Did you enjoy the fifteenth green? The one with what looks like tractor tyre marks across it?
  • Options

One of the funniest things I've seen on a golf course was at stoke by Nayland.
    Got to the 18th tee and the group in front were teeing off. It's a par 3 down hill over water.
    As the group in front left the tee, one of our group had left his pull trolley against their buggy. His trolley started to roll, slowly away from the tee. "Don't worry. It'll stop" was the instant response from the player in our group, and indeed, it started to slow on a flatter bit but just had enough roll to get to the next downhill bit.
    I can still picture him now, running down the hill screaming for the buggy of the group in front to stop the runaway trolley.
    They didn't hear him but the trolley did stop by means of a small bush at the waters edge. Unfortunately by the time this happened the trolley had gathered enough momentum to overturn and throw half his clubs into the lake.
    It must have taken us 20 minutes to finally stop laughing enough to play the hole.

Yep failed twice to clear the water last year jacked that hole in